Tip.it Times 17 January 2010

Mirror

2nd article: I don't think partyhats should be lendable. In my entire playing time from 2004 to 2007, I never once wore a partyhat, even with free trade. I had multiple friends with hats, but very few people ever lent out their hats, even to best friends, and if they did, it was with extreme caution. I still remember it as clear as day when jimmyd17 got his green partyhat scammed by a friend, pretty much sending him off of RS forever.

Since the implementation of item lending, anybody can get a partyhat for a few thousand coins just by bumming around in world 2. Because of this, wearing a partyhat is no longer what it used to be, and owning one has much less power than it used to have. I would certainly lose out in the ability to get rid of junk every night before going to bed, but a change would restore the *ZING* in seeing a partyhat.

lalalasig2.png

Btw, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on what future articles should be about, or perhaps write letters to the editors/editorial panel, make sure you PM Mirrorforced...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I always enjoy the fictional articles, what happened to the old series?

Which series would you be talking about? There have been several different series of fictional articles.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

TS Stormrage, what is the exact phrasing or lettering or whatnot of the Guthixian edicts? Does a God merely communicating with ones followers count as action? I'd like to debate this more with you, but I'd need to see the exact edict, not just some vague "Gods cannot interfere" thing. I was under the impression that the Guthixian edict means the Gods cannot walk the ground the way you see during that meeting history quest. (Crap, Icthlarin/Devourer. Again though, maybe the Edicts only count towards Gods very active in the Godwars?)

I wish I could talk to Juna about wgs :(

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I always thought that your prayers being drained when changing to ancient magic was because the prayer points had to be offered to Zaros for him to give us the favor of his magics. Kind of like how the prayers slowly drains when using it to gain favor from what ever god the character prays to.

BTW, a little off topic, maybe. I remember that when Juna got mad at the character for helping the goblins defy Bandos, her reasoning was that the character becomes the enemy of all gods. Bandos brought the goblins to RS and in doing so, he owns the goblins like the character would own a weapon. We did not have the right to defy Bandos of his possesion.

But if you remember, Zaros did the same thing. Itcharin brought the mahjarrats to RS but Zaros took them from him. Willingly or not, Zaros influenced the mahjarrats to defy their original god.

I like Zaros because he seems so defiant in a good way. Like our character.

Also, in RS history, there have been many people switching allegiances. I think the thing with Zanik is that Zanik was "The Chosen One" or whatever, not just some random Goblin that should follow Bandos.

I think this also wouldn't count so much towards the Mahjarrat considering their demi-God powers. Maybe because the Mahjarrat, or at least some of them, aren't that weak and inferior, unlike most "mortals."

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, didn't think of my other one when I hit the "post" button, I should've edited it in >.< -fail-

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

first time poster, ive played for a while,and ive read articles/lores, and have known guthix ended the god wars well before while guthix sleeps quest.....and hes my fav god, he has no side, just balance.....the only thing i dont understand is how certain "other" gods came into geilenor, noting the meeting history quest, guthix allowed the first humans, well, first life into this plane(similiar to how bandos brought his goblins/etc into this planei suppose), through bits and peice and occasional hints through quests, one god who is a deceiver.....(this "deceiver" is thrown in a few times) used the "eye" of saradim (the stone of jas as called by saradomists).....to surpass armadyl, the god of law. so its confusing how saradim would be considered to be a "true" god, while zamorak pretty much did to zaros what sara did to armadyl. And heres something to think about.....if saradim took care of armadyl......wouldnt he have the staff? how would the rumour of it being able to make someone a god start if it hasnt hapened before?(hehe.... quite a bit to think about......do recall "the curse of zaros" which was needed to get ghostly robes....that quest explained how armadyls staff got to the general zamorak, thought not why it wasnt with its owner.....people who have done quests can speak to various np's for some of these tid-bits of interesting information, just need to back-track a bit. I guess what im trying to say....is guthix allowing sara to "be" a god?(maybe to serve a purpose?)since sara did use the stone of jas(or "eye of saradim")....how did he get it? and no consequences for surpassing armadyl? after all, it was at the end of the godwars guthix hid the stone after attempting to break it.....regret? the more i think bout it ....just more confusing....not even mentioning the 3-4 references/scenes about the return of the dragon-kin......guthix's true "counter-balance"

6df0e7069c.png

first time poster, ive played for a while,and ive read articles/lores, and have known guthix ended the god wars well before while guthix sleeps quest.....and hes my fav god, he has no side, just balance.....the only thing i dont understand is how certain "other" gods came into geilenor, noting the meeting history quest, guthix allowed the first humans, well, first life into this plane(similiar to how bandos brought his goblins/etc into this planei suppose), through bits and peice and occasional hints through quests, one god who is a deceiver.....(this "deceiver" is thrown in a few times) used the "eye" of saradim (the stone of jas as called by saradomists).....to surpass armadyl, the god of law. so its confusing how saradim would be considered to be a "true" god, while zamorak pretty much did to zaros what sara did to armadyl. And heres something to think about.....if saradim took care of armadyl......wouldnt he have the staff? how would the rumour of it being able to make someone a god start if it hasnt hapened before?(hehe.... quite a bit to think about......do recall "the curse of zaros" which was needed to get ghostly robes....that quest explained how armadyls staff got to the general zamorak, thought not why it wasnt with its owner.....people who have done quests can speak to various np's for some of these tid-bits of interesting information, just need to back-track a bit. I guess what im trying to say....is guthix allowing sara to "be" a god?(maybe to serve a purpose?)since sara did use the stone of jas(or "eye of saradim")....how did he get it? and no consequences for surpassing armadyl? after all, it was at the end of the godwars guthix hid the stone after attempting to break it.....regret? the more i think bout it ....just more confusing....not even mentioning the 3-4 references/scenes about the return of the dragon-kin......guthix's true "counter-balance"

ahhh spelling errors! ahhh block of text!!! ahhhh bad grammar!!!

theres also quite a few factual errors there saradomin did not defeat armadyl, after the death of his aviansies armadyl went to sleep in a similar way to guthix, (I dont believe we ever receive the details of saradomin's rise to power.) I also dont think the stone was ever used in the godwars, and guthix, knowing its extreme power, hid it after placing life on the world.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Yeah, became a bit of a mess, srry bout that :wall:

At any rate it is said saradim had an artifact of great power at one point deemed "the eye of saradim" it was revealed in wgs ,I beleive, that it was in fact the stone of jas. There have also been a few other mentions of this "eye". Also, do note that recent zaros icon saradomists claimed as saradom's, probly wouldnt be the first time artifacts are claimed/taken to be theires. Has anyone actually talked to that guy at the chaos altar in the wildy or the follower of armadyl under Mcgrubers woods? If Armadyl was around, I do not think he would of let "his" staff be taken or used in such of fashion, after all, he is the god of "law". Wasnt there also some information from the F.O.G. guardian redarding the stone?

Not familiar with sigs....so heres a bit bout me this way:

I did love the fact that at that time the requirements to start wgs was the current quest cape, beat it first day, got 3 other peices (no claws)off demons first day and sold em all for max. (easy money for having quest cape already!) :thumbsup:

The first time I could no longer wear my quest cape was the release of Dream Mentor.... #-o

My only 99 is hp, and my 2 lowest stats are 72 agil and then 80firemaking (exp wise) =D>

Killed Nomad 3rd try on first day. (side note-I have both red and blue capes but have not tried holding both at same time,think its a glitch lol) \:D/

And if you make fun of my skinny throne I will drop you to burn. :shame:

6df0e7069c.png

1 last thing, does anyone recall that little scene in "legacy of seergaze" in which an "unconscious" Safalaan scared off the vyrwatch? Does anyone also recall were the dragonkin resided long ago?Does anyone also remember that scene of robert the strong confronting a dragonkin in "A tail of two cats"? Though it may be a misleading hint, when he recovers his memory,bob does start saying he is Zar......and then he cuts off. I think our next "Guthix" quest may place us in Hallowvale once more.....

6df0e7069c.png

1 last thing, does anyone recall that little scene in "legacy of seergaze" in which an "unconscious" Safalaan scared off the vyrwatch? Does anyone also recall were the dragonkin resided long ago?Does anyone also remember that scene of robert the strong confronting a dragonkin in "A tail of two cats"? Though it may be a misleading hint, when he recovers his memory,bob does start saying he is Zar......and then he cuts off. I think our next "Guthix" quest may place us in Hallowvale once more.....

You mean Safalaan = Dragonkin? Doubt it.

Most people believe Safalaan = Icyene.

And Azzanadra told us that Bob is a lying lier who lies.

priest_wiz.png

You mean Safalaan = Dragonkin? Doubt it.

Most people believe Safalaan = Icyene.

And Azzanadra told us that Bob is a lying lier who lies.

I was actually trying to suggest a movement towards the release of the dragon-kin, and in saying whomever Safalaan might be, has interest in theire release as well. Jas enslaved the dragonkin in the 4th age,before the godwars.I tried to use the Robert the strong reference that the castle is the dragon-kin originally were. I did not now Safalaan is beleived to be Icyene, but hearing that only further confirms my suspicions as I thought that instance an act of saradim, and Icyene are indeed followers of Saradim. =D>

I beleive that race were the original inhabitants of Hallowvale, which to me strengthens the connection to sara and the dragonkin.

Interesting note.....the Dragon-kin produced Wyrms...and heres a nice excerpt which throws a twist:

"When telling the story of the Tears of Guthix, the NPC Juna mentions these creatures: The colossal Wyrms, of whom today's dragons are a pale reflection, turned all the sky to fire, while on the ground armies of foot soldiers, goblins and trolls and humans, filled the valleys and plains with blood."

"The Wyrms are thought to be the ancient ancestors of dragons that went extinct several thousand years ago due to evolution and heavy involvement in the God Wars.

Wyrms were far stronger than dragons, and were often used as riding animals in the God Wars. A single wyrm was capable of destroying massive cities and wiping out entire armies, making them invaluable assets to those that were able to tame them. This was not an easy task, though; wyrms were incredibly difficult to control, and those that rode them, the Dragon Riders, were highly valued by their masters. They were even used by Zaros as personal bodyguards.(this last line is interesting :blink: )

By the end of the God Wars, the wyrms' heavy involvement in combat had left their race decimated. With little prey remaining, climate shifts occurring in many locations, and perhaps other unknown changes, the few remaining wyrms presumably evolved into the dragons that inhabit Gielinor today. Some, however, did not fully evolve, such as the Brutal Green Dragons that inhabit the Ancient Cavern beneath Baxtorian Falls.

Is a link alright?if so...click here for further info bout this race....here

6df0e7069c.png