The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I don't think there is but are lobs still considered the best item to use f2p to get 99 cooking?

Looking at the prices, there is little difference in loss when comparing cooking lobsters and swordfish. That being the case, as swordfish are faster they would be the way to go.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Oyeah forgot to mention, you stop burning swordfish at cooking level 86 so it's only wise to get swordfish at that stage.

Also, buy a crapton of maple logs and cook your fish at the GE. This is the fastest way to get cooking exp and also sets you quite far in terms of 99 fm :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I don't think there is but are lobs still considered the best item to use f2p to get 99 cooking?

Looking at the prices, there is little difference in loss when comparing cooking lobsters and swordfish. That being the case, as swordfish are faster they would be the way to go.

With the current prices, you would loose less cooking swordfish.

You could make wine, too ;)

It's very fast, but very expensive. Just like all the best training methods. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yeah strapped for cash and after posting my last message I went to 94 cooking :P But yeah 5 levels and 5mill xp give or take.

Looks like someone might have to start fishing his own Lobs/Swordies. ;)

When cooking lobsters remember to use urns.

This. :thumbup:

Use urns for everything you can. I'm so glad they made them available to us.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

That might be worth looking into, bonez - only 30 xp less than lobs, but gaining 58gp per instead of losing 51gp. :thumbup:

Edit: you could also try Tunas.

Raw Tuna - 121

Cooked Tuna - 145

I know that but for now I just had a friend send me 1mil plus I had left for a while and because of that all my lobs are making cash but will probably start cooking tuna at the G.E. with my level 1 fm cause it needs to go higher.

Also, I tried cooking with urns and even though it adds xp I found it annoying as I had 3 inventories to fill 2 urns plus they cost a ton...

Not if you do everything yourself. It's a little more time consuming, but you'll get Mining, Crafting and RC xp on top of the Cooking xp. :thumbup:

Ohaider. You should all try this, it's kinda addicting lol.

[spoiler=2 smalls :3]ebun.png?t=1326183156

ebun2.png?t=1326184785

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Darn, just when I thought I was closing in on you guys! I shaved one second off of the last dungeon that I posted, and got down to 2:32.

Switching out my old laws bind for cosmics definitely helped. I also stopped buying a TK at the start and making laws at the start. Now, I gate home immediately, and just go back to it if I need to buy a TK. Clearly, though, there's still something you guys are doing that I'm not. It would be really cool to maybe see a video of one of these faster dungeons.

How many seconds per dungeon do you guys propose could be attributed to me only having 82 att and 82 str, as opposed to pretty much maxed melee stats?

Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296111-levine1996-maxing-out-100-f2p/

I don't really know, I'm no pro Dg'er :D but I do suppose it does add a bit to your times. But I still say luck is a huge factor, and I somehow seem to have terrible luck with hits. But enough about that, I finally reached one of my bigger goals in game! :3

[spoiler=I has a level-up]rcdone.png

Also, epic multipost, Misaki :P

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Ridiculously lucky map and path. Right when I didn't think I could improve much more, I shattered my old record by 30 seconds. Didn't hit well at boss...lvl 71 icy bones. Could have gotten 1:55 maybe.

122secdg.png

right when i clicked post, the browser freezed and i just spamclicked the button cause i thought i was lagging ;)

levine, you spend way too much typing the key locations. For my map, I remembered that pcr was home, and as soon as I saw the room with pcr key inside, i immediately got key and teled. The room was a simple skill door, but I did not want to waste time opening that.

My binds for the small was spear/pickaxe/hatchet, and I didn't make laws/tk.

birds.png

Misaki, will take that into consideration; thanks.

Is it a good rule of thumb that when you see a key on the assumed crit path and the door is at home, you won't need to complete the remainder of the long path?

I did that cause I was dging for time lol.

What is the fastest medium time? I know unk/hyper/titan were testing those out before. I just got 2:30 with a lot of mistakes in about 30 minutes of trying.

birds.png

• 3 weeks later...

So we are a little after the bot nuke; as expected all raw materials spiked in price.

With all the price hikes, f2p now has at least 6-7 methods of 250k+gp/hr, do you prefer this environment, or the previous were things were cheap, but money making was 'slower'.

I know it is all relative, but making money quicker is mentally much cooler to me.

So we are a little after the bot nuke; as expected all raw materials spiked in price.

With all the price hikes, f2p now has at least 6-7 methods of 250k+gp/hr, do you prefer this environment, or the previous were things were cheap, but money making was 'slower'.

I know it is all relative, but making money quicker is mentally much cooler to me.

Iron ore is what, 380 each? That puts it up to 300k/hr. Plus the price of rares has dropped (I think the Green H'ween is down 20% or more), makes it easier than ever to own a rare.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Honestly, I much prefer the way it is now. The prices only really spiked on low level consumables (in F2P at least), so it's a lot easier for new players to make money to afford better armor and weapons and still have a nice cash pile left over. An hour of mining iron (or even clay) will buy you two full sets of Rune. It's hard to argue with that kind of economy. :thumbup: