The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I have a few other questions.

Right now, I'm working on Dungeoneering, towards a gravite weapon for training. However, I was wondering what the best set ups and locations were for melee training(at 50 att/str/def lets say) and range training(at 40-50), as well as ideal method to train woodcutting from 40-70?

Stronghold of Security is always highly recommended for melee training. Moss giants as well, and probably hill giants now that the bots are gone.

I did ice giants for range training, usually worlds are empty and once they become unaggressive you can stay there for hours.

As far as wood cutting, Draynor is always recommended if you want to bank. If you want to burn, head further south-west. Forget the name, but its near the entrance to ice giants.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'd say mining rune is still the best way to make money in f2p, although at current prices iron ore is not too shabby either. Make money with irons right now, until you can mine rune.

From what I remember of Runeite mining, I'm not sure it's *the* best skilling way to make money in F2P anymore. Given the current prices, I'm not even sure it's the most profitable. Mining iron or clay is much easier, doesn't require hopping worlds a thousand times and makes almost as much (if not more).

I would say getting lucky and staying online for a long extended period of time rune would outpace iron/clay. But yeah mining clay @ 330k/hr atm? = sweetness!(well if the cat is not out of the bag, now it is)

On the weekend hill giants are remarkably crowded, as in I did not find a world with less than 2 people in the resource dungeon.

I play GOP for some tokens, then I buy Air Altar Teleport tokens

I would not spend tokens on altar tabs(unless fire runes go to 75+ or waters 50+) the air altar is so close, that the time spent getting tokens is totally not worth the time saved.

I would like to take away the illusion that a gravite rapier is "better" to train with than a rune scimitar.

I've tested it for a few hours on giant spiders, and the difference in xp/h was as little as 200 xp on a total of 46K xp (1 hour).

200 xp difference in 1 hour, is that worth the recharge costs of the rapier? I'd rather hit a few times more than doing some larges.

The Dungeoneering weapons weren't designed to train with. They were designed to be a nice advantage in PvP situations. And they are.

The rapier is a good weapon because it has a great stab bonus. Dungeoneering weapons should only be used while killing players/monsters with a high defence level.

Otherwise it's just a waste of tokens/cash and more importantly time.

Ps, I only leveled 5 skills after Jagex removed the hiscores. :mellow:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

The differences in defenses on just about every f2p monster (except revenants) is very negligible to nonexistant tbh.

Use a gravite rapier, the charge costs are super cheap anyway.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

As the gravite rapier doesn't have much better bonuses the weakness does make a difference. Rapier shines at other monsters but at spiders it's only better than rune scimitiar by a small margin. And I definitely won't call the charge costs super cheap, lol.

[404] Signature not found.

There's a certainly an advantage to using the Gravite weapons for training, but, personally, I don't think the recharge costs are worth the small bump in xp. I can think of much better things to spend 1M gp on than an extra 2000 combat xp. Just as an example, you could get 10 times that much Prayer xp by using that money to buy big bones, and it wouldn't take 10 hours to get.

If I ever decide to start PvP'ing then Gravite weaps are definitely the first thing I'll get, but otherwise I can't see them being worth the trouble (even if they do look hella cool :wink: ).

btw - does anyone know if the Gravite Shortbow gives a similar bump in xp?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

btw - does anyone know if the Gravite Shortbow gives a similar bump in xp?

Can't say I have any facts to support this, but I would speculate, that the bump would be very small, since most people train on monsters that have a low defence level, and since it doesn't increase damage I doubt it would make much of a difference.

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

I can think of much better things to spend 1M gp on than an extra 2000 combat xp.

You have 2 options to recharge a gravite item. I'm not sure if the options are all the same for each weapon or different, but for my gravite rapier it cost either 1M (around that, not too sure) or 100k + 6k dungeoneering token. The last option is what I always take :P

Personnally, when I train combat, which is pretty rare, I always use a gravite weapon, I bought a gravite rapier and a gravite shortbow. I'm using them to train, to fog and for clan wars events with my clan, then they're pretty useful :P

It really depends on how much you train with those weapons, they're good for someone who likes pk'ing, and that likes to dunge sometimes (or has a big amount of dungeoneering tokens), they're worth it. But for someone who hate dungeoneering and always train combat, then a rune scimitar would be better.

-Med-

Medaragon.png

For a weapon that lasts 25 hours, 100k gp + 6.5k tokens is an absurdly cheap price.

I don't see any reason not to use them for general purposes.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Useful tip to those that dg often:

Doors/puzzles that are levels 40-49 are ALWAYS critical rooms. You can tell when the exp gained from the door/puzzle is from 210-255xp.

(The calculation for door xp is skill lvl x5 +10. So a level 40 door would give 210xp.)

Keep this in mind the next time you dg! This is also a good motive for everyone (especially skillers) to train all their skills to 50+.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Non members are no longer tracked on the RS hiscores, so any stats tracking sites will no longer work.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Non members are no longer tracked on the RS hiscores, so any stats tracking sites will no longer work.

No tracking doesnt mean accs are removed. I was on this list for some days ago...

The list is glitched, your stats are on it but it shows a different name. Same for myself and some other players.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Doors/puzzles that are levels 40-49 are ALWAYS critical rooms. You can tell when the exp gained from the door/puzzle is from 210-255xp.

(The calculation for door xp is skill lvl x5 +10. So a level 40 door would give 210xp.)

Keep this in mind the next time you dg! This is also a good motive for everyone (especially skillers) to train all their skills to 50+.

It's 9 levels below max to max, not necessarily 40-49. Unless f2p doors are capped at 49 for some reason.

It's 9 levels below max to max, not necessarily 40-49. Unless f2p doors are capped at 49 for some reason.

it is NOT always btw... 210-255xp can be bonus too.

omkehenkmaxedoutf2p.png

when i reset my prestige in dungeoneering, how do i stay on a certain floor like floor 11 for all the ice floors? whenever i finish floor 11, it moves me up to floor 12 and i have to exit the whole dungeon again..

You gonna get got

Regarding the gravite shortbow question near the top of the page: I tested both (not recently) with the same equipment (rune platebody, d'hide legs, rune full helm, etc.) and found the gravite shortbow yielded a marginal benefit of 200xp/hr (30k/hr versus 29.8k/hr).

In unrelated news a disgruntled player was seen having an argument with the Rewards Trader after a recent sale of a Gravite shortbow. The player allegedly mentioned being ripped off...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

New F2P 5:5 c6 small record.

misfail.png

I was wondering how that would go.

The sad thing was that I was testing out some cbers before that party left. They were managing 9-13 minute times after doing 3-6s in frozens. I cried a little.

Shaniqua.png