The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Yep. We can only buy it, not craft it. We can craft spider silk robes, though.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

eh? We can craft spider silk robes? haha, i thought all those new available cloth/robes are buyable only.

i actually love the EoC updates, since the old combat are too dull.

however, there are many pros and cons also, ones need to adept to the new combat style

Hello fellow f2pers, i've made a blog on here and it doesn't seem to be getting too much attention, it would be great if some of you could check it out and give me some support!

http://forum.tip.it/topic/319392-f2p-level-4-skiller-blog/

Thanks!

ya, quite nice stat also if compared to starfire.

In the near future, the beta will be updated to allow free players access, prior to the release of RuneScape 3.

edit: in 1st glance, i see that the off hand exquisite weapon looks promising, and i would love to get the crossbow.

however, on second thought, the only bolt F2P have is bronze bolts :cry:

so if you dont need the extra defense and dont like 2h, you can try one of the melee off hand.

however, you will be unable to use 2h ability

Does anyone have any information regarding Dragonstone Armour? It's a hybrid set that's obtainable in P2P but also tradable in F2P. It will be probably be released somewhere in June.

Wiki: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonstone_armour

RSOF thread: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,285,65011358

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

omg, never noticed it because its under members only. we just had to wait for the leaks right before the updates

edit: OMG, WTFH. they just gives us something nice, lets us have it for a few days then take it away.

from patch notes

The off-hand exquisite weapons on the Squeal of Fortune have been made members only to be in line with other duel wielded items

edit: OMG, WTFH. they just gives us something nice, lets us have it for a few days then take it away.

from patch notes

The off-hand exquisite weapons on the Squeal of Fortune have been made members only to be in line with other duel wielded items

Well, they were useless and took bankspace, so I'm not mad. =P

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

it is not totally useless, but still it is something to wield on off hand than just shield or 2h.

i just dont like that fact they released it as f2p then make it p2p

later they write, ops, typo dragonstone armour are p2p only G_G >_<

Do you realize they have specifically said that it would be available for F2P?

Couldn't be a typo, because why would they have to specify that the armor would be available for P2P?

The Dragonstone armor has lower stats than Rune/Blue D'hide/Batwing armor, with the exception that the Draonstone top has a little more armor rating than the rune platebody.

Dart.jpg

According to the Wiki, the stats are:

Dragonstone hauberk: 123 armour, 840 lp

Dragonstone greaves: 117 armour, 630 lp

Dragonstone helmet: 107 armour, 420 lp

Dragonstone gauntlets: 26 armour, 105 lp

Dragonstone boots: 26 armour, 105 lp

Compared to rune, which has (195 armour, 1200 lp), (187 armour, 900 lp), (170 armour, 600 lp), (42 armour, 150 lp) and the same for boots (but only batwing boots are tier 50 f2p?).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

well, it is a 50 lvl hybrid armour, there gonna be a tradeoff, the stats wont be on par with its same lvl armour, i kinna expected that

but still i feel disappointed that something required so high lvl skills to just to get a 50 lvl hybrid armour

at least available to F2P, but heh, each parts are paking exp man...... i mean WTH seriously?

unless the price are dropping, else i dont think anyone will get it, not even ppl that do safe pvp often and i will LOL when someone wear it into the wilderness

its more like a collections items for those ppl that had nothing else to spent

you mean train magic using combat? just find any spot with many mobs and start chaining, or find any spot with aggressive mobs and semi afk

Anything but combat was what i was doing. Fire spells on ice warriors/giants. But for someone level 200 combat, are there any groups of monsters that are aggressive? I was wondering about the way f2p gets magic up the quickest, if there is a new method.

you can try ankou or even lesser and deadly red spider, as long as the hit rate is high enough. however, for aggressive, i think only wilderness? i havent set foots on wilderness yet ever since i back.

quickest method? i dunno haha, maybe high alch

im the type that like slow and steady, as long as i like it, so wont so fast get bored.

you mean train magic using combat? just find any spot with many mobs and start chaining, or find any spot with aggressive mobs and semi afk

Anything but combat was what i was doing. Fire spells on ice warriors/giants. But for someone level 200 combat, are there any groups of monsters that are aggressive? I was wondering about the way f2p gets magic up the quickest, if there is a new method.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/315670-f2p-combat-training-plus-monsters-and-their-weaknesses/

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

oh, nice, but if can sort according to combat lvl like http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bestiary/Free-to-play, then would be nicer

and not necessary must follow the combat weakness, can find mobs as high lvl / exp as possible or places with MANY mobs together that only need around 1 - 3 hit

as long as hit rate are 100%, it should be fine.

http://forum.tip.it/...eir-weaknesses/

Thanks for that. Ice warriors now die quickly to fire blast after EOC. I think i was getting around 20k/hour magic xp there