The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

That's true, but the numbers in free worlds have been down for some time now. While they certainly aren't helping, bonds aren't the only reason.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Honestly, I've spent pretty much every day since the RS3 release at the BoL but things were pretty quiet even before that. Woodcutting and fishing locations were usually empty and even Musa Point on Karamja was practically deserted. It has made skilling much easier.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Honestly, I've spent pretty much every day since the RS3 release at the BoL but things were pretty quiet even before that. Woodcutting and fishing locations were usually empty and even Musa Point on Karamja was practically deserted. It has made skilling much easier.

Whats the so good about the BoL?

SUPER.gif

Fishing, mining, and woodcutting were afk'able skills during BoL and it brought the community together the most in years (imo). Plus the last few days of BoL there was a rock that gave constant exp without depleting so a lot of people reached high mining exp in a very short amount of time.

Now that BoL is over, I played maybe a total of 1 hour.. lol.

Dart.jpg

It also gave what was supposed to be the best hybrid armor available for free players as part of the rewards. This was nerfed for free players as of the beginning of week 4 (after we'd all put in God knows how much time trying to get enough renown for the pieces <_<). As Soa said, the xp rates were really good and mining was wonderfully afk'able. I personally gained nearly 5M Mining xp over the course of the event. Other rewards included cosmetic weapon overrides, emotes, titles and xp lamps all the way up to huge which gave 95% of their SoF counterparts.

Since the event ran so long (10 weeks), I've also found myself wondering what to do now that it's over. The first day I logged in a just kind of stood in the crater scratching my head for a while. Jagex has stated that one of the things they learned from this event was that it was way too long and future world events will be much shorter.

It also gave what was supposed to be the best hybrid armor available for free players as part of the rewards. This was nerfed for free players as of the beginning of week 4 (after we'd all put in God knows how much time trying to get enough renown for the pieces <_<). As Soa said, the xp rates were really good and mining was wonderfully afk'able. I personally gained nearly 5M Mining xp over the course of the event. Other rewards included cosmetic weapon overrides, emotes, titles and xp lamps all the way up to huge which gave 95% of their SoF counterparts.

Since the event ran so long (10 weeks), I've also found myself wondering what to do now that it's over. The first day I logged in a just kind of stood in the crater scratching my head for a while. Jagex has stated that one of the things they learned from this event was that it was way too long and future world events will be much shorter.

Specifically they said more dense.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone have a list of all the free xp you can get. I know a few quests give lamps. you used to be able to get like 2 or 3 from the stronghold and from the dragon guy under lummy. and you can still do witches potion for some free mage xp. I am sure there is more but I cant think of anything else

I am gonna start playing again I think and I cant remember them all

Ranqecaravan.png

• 1 month later...

Could someone please give me a rundown for the world events rewards from a f2p perspective?

Basically is the hybrid armor practical anywhere in f2p?

as for abilities does sacrifice work in dungeoneering?

Warpriest will be lv 50(?) when the event is over, so just use rune.

Devotion seems good in pvp or bossing, not much good for training.

Haven't really tested out Sacrifice but basically it deals up to 100% weapon damage while healing 25% of damage dealt or 100% if the opponent dies.

The last ability isn't out yet so idk.

More info here:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/The_Bird_and_the_Beast/Rewards

Dart.jpg

The last ability is out, and it's horrible. Sacrifice should be good as final blow to help training, more so in F2P than P2P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The last ability is out, and it's horrible. Sacrifice should be good as final blow to help training, more so in F2P than P2P.

Yeah I should have said that it isn't out for F2P yet because there's still like 150k renown to get for the dragon token, even if you have been maxing renown everyday.

But I think Transfigure could be good for training if your health is around 50% and want to save on food, unless I missed something.

Dart.jpg

A six-second stun is a pretty bad thing, as you lose 10/3 attacks. Of course, you can heal up to 3000 damage with it (lose 2k, gain 5k). It's equivalent to 50,4 seconds banking for 28 swordies, assuming the adrenaline loss is not an issue.

You probably won't heal 3000 damage per use though, would you? If you only take 1000 damage in 6 seconds, you'll heal 1500, which is equivalent to 100,8 seconds banking for 28 swordfish. I think that's definitely possible, so Transfigure would at best save you some cash.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• 2 weeks later...

wheres the best place to train combat skills at low levels (under 20 att, str, def, mage, range. right now) and what should I train on after that

I did goblins till ~30s in melee and then switched to Moss Giants, it might still use a bit of food, but I think it's worth it.

For mage, stick with non-combat methods, get your mage high enough from quests to do teleports till superheating, then superheat till high level alchemy.

Ranged, catablepons are a pretty good at 30+, they barely hit and give a decent amount of xp.

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Basically 2h weapons are what you want to use, and then carry a secondary weapon with a shield to use rejuvenation every 5 minutes.

2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

• 1 month later...

Here is the set-up I use for ranging...seems to work pretty well at lessers.  Although I may consider adding on Ricochet shot if you want to be more AFK (chances of hitting other monsters and continue with auto-retaliate)  

79d8v.png

2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Revolution?oldid=10170086

that's a history page listing some basic tips for revolution loadouts, you should test thresholds/ultis when you can and figure out what you like, although i haven't verified those numbers definitively

wait, why do you have that ability listed twice?

8f14270694.jpg

Piercing shot is listed twice just because revolution never gets to #9 and I didn't really know what to put there previously.

Put any non basic? :P

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014