The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Where do I go to get those free Dungeoneering xp's from leeching?  Assuming 15 combat is still acceptable.

Unfortunately with the 2cb3sk method that cb level is not acceptable. The max cb most people accept is 6. 

• 5 weeks later...

The 2014 Halloween event is here. It's another point-based event, and you can unlock a new ability called "Cremation" if you rack up 10,000 points. According to the Runescape news post on the event, Cremation "permanently unlocks the ability to burn bones on bonfires, granting you Prayer and Firemaking XP." Here's some more specific information from this page:

Available initially as a reward from the 2014 Hallowe'en event - and later available as a drop from ghosts - the cremation ability allows you to burn bones on a fire or on a bonfire.

To burn a bone, you must use it on a fire, at which point you will begin putting any bones of that type into the fire and gaining xp at the same speed as offering items on an altar. The Firemaking XP gained is 200% of the item's base Prayer XP for burial, and the Prayer XP is 250% of this value.

The health boost provided by burning logs on a bonfire is also applied for burning bones, scaling with level of bone.

This does not work via the 'use' option on the fire, nor on locations that are used specifically for cooking.

Does anyone know if this ability is F2P? The RSWiki article on it currently has no info about that. I'm skeptical, but the ghost hunter outfit (another reward) seems to be F2P, so I figured it's possible.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

I was told yes in the update thread.  In addition, the Jagex Wiki page lacks the membership badge by that section of its article, another indication that it is probably F2P.  In any case, I'm off to the Halloween event to try and earn it myself.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm not a huge fan of making f2p substantially easier, but I'll make an exception for prayer because it was ridiculously hard to train in freeplay.  It was never really meant to be trained over 43.  I got roughly 1-67 prayer almost completely freeplay and it took many years of prayer-focused combat training to get there.

• Like 3

BmkSbxS.png

This update is going to make bone prices skyrocket.

Considering I bought 692k big bones at nearly an all-time low (in recent memory, anyway) of ~308 gp each some years ago, this prediction makes me a very happy camper :)

The RS Wiki has updated since I posted my question—it does indeed appear to be F2P.

• Like 1

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

This update is going to make bone prices skyrocket.

Guessing it'll do the exact opposite for now- it gives noted big bones as a reward, makes big bones give more experience per each (yet still inferior to dragon bones making it undesirable to members), and even without the drops is very lucrative for the 5 large xp lamps for everyone. So cut demand and increase supply for the time being means price goes down.

Long run price goes up, because eventually event goes away and price should settle back to ~40 gp / xp

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Bbones appear to be well under med for now, nabbed 10K at about 600 each.  We'll see if the trend persists.  The five large lamps are nice but you definitely do have to earn them which is not a piece of cake even in W3.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Been using my large lamps for mining experience, I'm thinking that it is the worst skill to train for F2P now.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Been using my large lamps for mining experience, I'm thinking that it is the worst skill to train for F2P now.

Bank/Drop Iron either @ Dg Resource dungeon

Anyone make a Ironman/Hardcore? Would like to see a Top 250 Hiscores

OMG Prayer Update!

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

OMG Prayer Update!

The method is well-established.  His point was that it's the slowest and most tedious skill on F2P to train :P.  Top 250 F2P Ironman/HC would be fun, but I don't even know if one could gather 250 people playing pure F2P on them at this point...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

OMG Prayer Update!

The method is well-established.  His point was that it's the slowest and most tedious skill on F2P to train :P.  Top 250 F2P Ironman/HC would be fun, but I don't even know if one could gather 250 people playing pure F2P on them at this point...

Clan "Fe" has a lot of F2P ironmen (maybe 75-100), and "Men of Iron" may have enough to fill in the rest.

I'm wondering how many F2P skiller ironmen there are haha (or even p2p ones, I guess).  I knew of only two others; I'm feeling pretty lonely, haha.

Also, this seems pretty monumental (lol): F2P can finally smith steel nails.  (It says members-only on the Skills list, but it works at an anvil.)

• Like 1

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Without actually smithing the steel nails, do there exist other ways to complete Dragon Slayer (on ironman of course)?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Without actually smithing the steel nails, do there exist other ways to complete Dragon Slayer (on ironman of course)?

There's a spawn for steel nails in the Wilderness (western ruins).

I'm wondering if they also added a way (other than the Wilderness Graveyard spawn) to get Planks as well (I assume this was to cater to Hardcore Ironmen).  EDIT: Nope, both the Varrock sawmill and Burthorpe one don't offer anything.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Anyone want to venture a guess where big bones will bottom out?

♪♪ And I'm not done

• 2 weeks later...

I used to sell big bones at 2k a piece in RSC... no idea where that money came from :/

Pray is awesome but useless in PvM. (non bossing)

I imagine most of it came from alchemy early on?  Particularly rune stuff.  But I'm not sure :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My F2P gains this weekend..so close to first.  I don't know if anyone's done more Cook xp :P:

3MpGIhP.png

Edit: This is better

E9v9w2c.png

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png