Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The F2P General Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
5517 replies to this topic

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
So, not only did they nerf Dungeoneering xp for non-members over cb90 but now they're going to nerf the combat xp high level players would have gotten on the lower floors? <_<

Why, oh why does Jagex hate F2P DG? On the plus side though, there will be no more high level "players" training on cows in Lumbridge.

Also,

We're removing any impact on your Combat level from Prayer, Summoning and Constitution levels.

So does this mean a slight redefinition of skiller pures to include these skills, and reassigning them to "non-combat" status?

Edit: aw crap. I just realized this means that my combat level will be over 90 uder the new calculation (74 magic + 55 defense + 2 = 131). I sure hope they're either raising the level for the DG nerf, or removing it entirely.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
We can hope they just remove it for F2P, and just make members on F2P servers get reduced dg xp?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Ren
[ Display Name History ]

Ren

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Trollenstein
  • RSN2:Grave Sorrow
  • Clan:DGS

We can hope they just remove it for F2P, and just make members on F2P servers get reduced dg xp?

Because f2p should totally be the way to get 120 unless you're good.

I think f2p is going to get screwed hard by this update, I wish you luck.

553VriC.png?1

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
I think only being able to do up to abds is enough of an xp reduction for f2p.

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Yes, just make it so members get an xp reduction on f2p servers, (so they can't do abd on f2p servers)

Serena_Sedai.png

wormy
[ Display Name History ]

wormy

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 595 posts
so high levels will be able to train on(roughly) greaters/roachs/ankou/hellhounds, yikes!
I suppose at the base level it is not so different than training on fleshies/spiders.

Medaragon
[ Display Name History ]

Medaragon

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • RSN:Medaragon
  • RSN2:Nogaradem
  • Clan:The Total F2p Skillers
Well after the update, I'm gonna be 183 combat, which is 100 over the roaches combat level. Jagex said exp we get from monsters 30 levels under us will be less effective for exp... For me right now there's no F2p monster I can beat for the normal exp...

-Med-
Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
They're changing the monster combats too

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Because getting 40kxp/hr is too much...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
So every time people mention nerfing dg for only f2p combat over 90, I have to urge to post this:
Posted Image
That's the number of one of the two base xp modifiers, correlated as well as possible with the average party level (with 5 players). The other one is directly proportional as a function of your max floor.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts

I'm not sure what this graph means? so.. the adjusted prestige does gown as your combat level increases?

Serena_Sedai.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
Yeah, and that total is the basis of your xp, before modifiers like bonus rooms or deaths are applied.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

levine1996
[ Display Name History ]

levine1996

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • RSN:levine1996
So are you basically saying that the 50% nerf only applies in theory? And that it's not really a drop off in experience at all from 89 combat to 90 combat?
Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/...ng-out-100-f2p/

Fire_Hawk154
[ Display Name History ]

Fire_Hawk154

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RSN:Fire Hawk154
  • RSN2:Bud Bundy
  • Clan:CE, TLL, TR, FD

So are you basically saying that the 50% nerf only applies in theory? And that it's not really a drop off in experience at all from 89 combat to 90 combat?

Ofcourse the nerf is a graph and not a jump at 1 level difference. Jagex had already stated before that 89/90 combat doesn't make a big difference ;)

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
Jagex said that only combat levels above 90 would notice a difference.
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

BiJay
[ Display Name History ]

BiJay

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 873 posts
We already knew it's calculated differently when in team. Do such a graph for solo, you will probably see the difference and what Jagex was talking about.

[404] Signature not found.

Kolin
[ Display Name History ]

Kolin

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 62 posts
Well, this new combat may be the F2P killer...

On the beta, Black Dragons are only level 114 combat (Meaning any combat 144 + will only get 10% exp for killing).

On f2p, the highest combat monster is Greater Demons iirc, which I highly doubt will be even 100+ combat based on this.

Lets say GDs become 114 combat too (highly unlikely), this would mean after 144 combat, which is the equivalent of 72 defence and 72 strength (or att/magic/ranging), and you would only get 10% combat exp forever after this point at best on f2p. Of course nothing is set in stone yet, but we do know Jagex has been slowly trying to kill F2P over the last year, this may be the next major attack...

Lord Slayas
[ Display Name History ]

Lord Slayas

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Lord Slayas
  • RSN2:Satan is Sin
  • Clan:Monks Of Shadow

On the beta, Black Dragons are only level 114 combat (Meaning any combat 144 + will only get 10% exp for killing).

On f2p, the highest combat monster is Greater Demons iirc, which I highly doubt will be even 100+ combat based on this.

Lets say GDs become 114 combat too (highly unlikely), this would mean after 144 combat, which is the equivalent of 72 defence and 72 strength (or att/magic/ranging), and you would only get 10% combat exp forever after this point at best on f2p. Of course nothing is set in stone yet, but we do know Jagex has been slowly trying to kill F2P over the last year, this may be the next major attack...

My understanding was that it was your combat skill that you are training VS the monster's combat level. So basically if you have 94 Strength and train Strength, you could kill monsters as low as 64cb, meaning Greater Demons and the like would still be on the table. Or if you had 99 attack, you could kill creatures as low as level 69 to keep training it, even if your combat is that ridiculous 200.

It is definitely going to have a large scale negative impact on our training methods and combat in general, but I'm almost positive it isn't going to make it impossible to train after a certain level. Just a lot more work for probably less xp/hr, because ofc 40K/hr is too much for us.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Kolin
[ Display Name History ]

Kolin

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 62 posts

My understanding was that it was your combat skill that you are training VS the monster's combat level. So basically if you have 94 Strength and train Strength, you could kill monsters as low as 64cb, meaning Greater Demons and the like would still be on the table. Or if you had 99 attack, you could kill creatures as low as level 69 to keep training it, even if your combat is that ridiculous 200.

It is definitely going to have a large scale negative impact on our training methods and combat in general, but I'm almost positive it isn't going to make it impossible to train after a certain level. Just a lot more work for probably less xp/hr, because ofc 40K/hr is too much for us.

Well if that's the case, I definitely don't mind this at all, I just hope you are correct, because I read it as the combat levels being the factor. This would keep it still very open, so i'll cross my fingers for that, been holding off going back to my f2p because of all this lol.

LordAdib
[ Display Name History ]

LordAdib

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 377 posts
  • RSN:I Am A Bahai
Not to mention Hellhounds are actually the highest-leveled monster in F2P (not including the rev knight):

http://runescape.wik.../wiki/Hellhound

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users