The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Hey freebies! :D

I'm so glad to see this topic is still going. I see that there have been a lot of changes in my absence; KBD, high scores return, veteran capes, mystic gear...so many things I never thought we'd ever have. So how is the F2P community doing? How many of you are still here and playing?

Still here and still playing :) Good to see you here again, Kaida! Will you be getting back into the game?

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Hey Adib, good to see you too. I am getting back into the game and I even rejoined TFS. Been having lots of fun.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm not playing RS3 actively anymore, the Wilderness looks great but PvP is really dead. So I just do daily challenges while I'm training up on OSRS. RS3 would've been so awesome if it had pre-EoC combat :(

oKitWgH.jpg

Ummm..? It does have legacy combat mode as an alternative option and it even works rather well on most things (apart maybe the highest tier bosses). You can do almost everything in RS3 without even having an ability bar. Personally I don't really understand why anyone would do that, but each to their own. I suggest you give it an another shot.

• Like 1

u5zhkTY.gif

I'm not playing RS3 actively anymore, the Wilderness looks great but PvP is really dead. So I just do daily challenges while I'm training up on OSRS. RS3 would've been so awesome if it had pre-EoC combat :(

Ummm..? It does have legacy combat mode as an alternative option and it even works rather well on most things (apart maybe the highest tier bosses). You can do almost everything in RS3 without even having an ability bar. Personally I don't really understand why anyone would do that, but each to their own. I suggest you give it an another shot.

It's not that I hate EoC and I used it quite a bit for PvM on my P2P account, I just don't like it for PvP ;) I also tried Legacy combat for a long time, but it just doesn't work for PvP and that's what I enjoy most. In 1v1 it's just waiting for a couple of 400+ hits in a row as there's no point in things like range/2h switching as every weapon has the same dps. The only weapon switches left are combat-triangle based, which basicly makes a fight a high-speed rock-paper-scissors game. It's too click-intensive and not thrilling at all. When it comes to warring Legacy is really unbalanced as 3 players can already K0 someone. With 25 people you can get about 400-500 kills/hour, because 99 defence doesn't mean anything. War in the Wilderness and with 300K in gear, you're going to lose a lot of money. That's the bad thing with EoC & Legacy, DPS has been boosted so much to kill lvl 1000 bosses, that against 25+ maxed players you have a 99% chance of dying in under a second making the larger pre-EoC wars impossible. Armour, prayers, reflexes, it doesn't matter when players can hit 400s while your food heals 67.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Talking about king black dragon and giant mole. Did anyone try them out? I wonder about the drops tbh...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

That's the bad thing with EoC & Legacy, DPS has been boosted so much to kill lvl 1000 bosses, that against 25+ maxed players you have a 99% chance of dying in under a second making the larger pre-EoC wars impossible. Armour, prayers, reflexes, it doesn't matter when players can hit 400s while your food heals 67.

I would like to point out that:

- Pre-EoC had Lv. 1000 bosses too. Level does *not* matter for bosses, it is purely for show. A Lv. 1000 boss doesn't mean it has Lv. 700 in every combat skill, that would literally be impossible to beat.

- Pre-EoC, you would die *very* quickly if you had 25 maxed players on you at once in multicombat. Why in the world would you expect to survive in a 1v25? Heck they wouldn't even need to be maxed. And isn't that the point of warring, to all focus on one opponent at once so you take them down more easily?

- Pre-EoC had far more power creep than EoC does. One-hit by dbowers or lucky two-specced by AGS? Not a problem, right? Just because this was pre-EoC, so that means it was fine. And it was only going to get -worse-.

- Stop eating Salmon, + you seem to forget that pre-EoC had -no- food that healed above ~23 (230) while players could hit well above that. ;)

• Like 1

Talking about king black dragon and giant mole. Did anyone try them out? I wonder about the drops tbh...

Kbd drops table u can find here -http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/King_Black_Dragon

and giant mole here - http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_mole

I have tried only kbd, u can kill a few of them with full inventory of food at 126 cmb, with kbd and giant mole realisation jagex added possible to sell p2p items, so drops are basically same like on p2p worlds without few items.

• Like 1

That's the bad thing with EoC & Legacy, DPS has been boosted so much to kill lvl 1000 bosses, that against 25+ maxed players you have a 99% chance of dying in under a second making the larger pre-EoC wars impossible. Armour, prayers, reflexes, it doesn't matter when players can hit 400s while your food heals 67.

- Pre-EoC had Lv. 1000 bosses too. Level does *not* matter for bosses, it is purely for show. A Lv. 1000 boss doesn't mean it has Lv. 700 in every combat skill, that would literally be impossible to beat.

- Pre-EoC, you would die *very* quickly if you had 25 maxed players on you at once in multicombat. Why in the world would you expect to survive in a 1v25? Heck they wouldn't even need to be maxed. And isn't that the point of warring, to all focus on one opponent at once so you take them down more easily?

- Pre-EoC had far more power creep than EoC does. One-hit by dbowers or lucky two-specced by AGS? Not a problem, right? Just because this was pre-EoC, so that means it was fine. And it was only going to get -worse-.

- Stop eating Salmon, + you seem to forget that pre-EoC had -no- food that healed above ~23 (230) while players could hit well above that. ;)

Just-prior-to-EoC was the most unbalanced PvP disaster the game has ever had.

You'd just need one virtually untouchable dude with Storm & Battlestaff of Armadyl + Virtus / Ganodermic + Elysian/Divine to perpetually rag everyone. Not to mention Storm of Armadyl (with the staff) could out-damage any range setup, regardless. Or melee being better against magic than range with Ganodermic armor, as well as the highest DPS (outside of Storm of Armadyl) against all styles.

PvM wasn't much better around that period... The top-end gear for one style (a Nex set + spirit shield) cost over 2b, and overloads/prayer/summoning cost upwards 1b. Even seismic wand + orb weren't as expensive when factoring in inflation and moneymakers...

ozXHe7P.png

- I'm aware RS had bosses before EoC and their combat level doesn't give an accurate representation of their power, but EoC is mostly designed for PvM and the newer bosses. DPS is way higher now, which is problematic in multi-PvP. 

- It's all about TIME, not about surviving. There's a huge difference between dying in 1 second now and 20 seconds pre-EoC. Yes, the point is to take someone down more easily, but right now you don't really have to put in effort as they go down very fast anyway. Weapon switches are obsolete at 25v25+, as well as armour (with the exception of power armour). 

- This is the F2P discussion thread, P2P PvP was bad with those specs and I've always been happy you couldn't hit very high in F2P.

- Anchovy Pizza heals 67 and is the fastest healing food per second in F2P. Still it doesn't heal enough compared to the hits. Players could hit above 20 but only with melee, that's why people dragged around obstacles. Ranged maxed at 18, magic maxed at 18. Now the max hits are around 42(0) for every style. Both average and max hit are over twice as high as pre-EoC for Ranged & Magic, while food heals less.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

• 1 month later...

Some Updates today!

The Gower's Quest (Cabbages!)

In Other News Advert Removal

External adverts have now been removed from the free-to-play game.

Other
  • Players with the 15 year anniversary emote can now perform the 2009 variant.

Ninja fixes
  • The One Piercing Note quest is now available to free players!

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

That Gower quest was crazy long. Took me over an hour and a half. Although it has been a while, maybe I'm just bad at questing. :lol:

I was surprised to see they gave us One Piercing Note. I still remember when it got released and how a lot of people, even members, thought it should have been available to everyone as it did a good job of showing off the voice acting and would have been a good quest for people new to the game.

• Like 2

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think having to beat the boss that many times in a row without dying was a mistake on Jagex's part. Or at the very least not letting us know about it. I think I was about three or four deaths in before I realised it was starting over every time.

One Piercing Note was nice though. You can tell they put a lot of work into the sound and voice acting.

Added Cooking skillguide entries for levels at which players will no longer burn various foods. (That's a Good Update to have now)

Yeah the One Piercing Note Quest is really Good for Voice acting & get a Emote :)

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

• 1 year later...

Congrats to Meneer Naab on getting 200M All Skills on F2P! I'm not sure what day he got it just heard it from someone in a Clan.

1 Meneer Naab 1,616 (1656) 3,200,003,880

2 Barto222229 1,616 (1656) 2,306,713,388

3 Medieval kid 1,616 (1656) 2,014,579,121

4 Tawrus 1,616 (1656) 2,000,000,000

5 Muziekman1 1,616 (1656) 1,838,394,681

6 Missoverflow 1,616 (1656) 1,806,866,511

7 Fluhminator 1,492 (1493) 1,704,297,497

8 lady loxley 1,616 (1656) 1,554,596,806

9 Corleone B 1,613 (1653) 1,502,752,969

10 Syzygy 1,616 (1656) 1,458,782,542

11 Pietha 1,610 (1650) 1,356,945,075

12 redefinition 1,567 (1607) 1,355,550,320

13 Kadour Ziani 1,616 (1655) 1,355,028,096

14 Lady Lorith 1,616 (1656) 1,295,725,924

15 Smartyfreak 1,614 (1654) 1,255,710,612

16 Desper 939 (939) 1,251,657,653

17 kinkaida 1,608 (1608) 1,244,386,634

18 Bond4evr 1,616 (1656) 1,229,570,221

19 Brikule75 1,612 (1652) 1,118,282,772

20 Persiflage 1,572 (1612) 1,091,974,996

http://hs.4fan.cz/hiscores.php?page=1&skill=2

• Like 1

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.