Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The F2P General Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
5517 replies to this topic

Soa
[ Display Name History ]

Soa

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Dartfield

Ok that's why I though it was strange that it was showing blank! But the Gud chainmail is slightly better than the Rune plate because it gives +20 str but the same armor.

Posted Image

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

Ok that's why I though it was strange that it was showing blank! But the Gud chainmail is slightly better than the Rune plate because it gives +20 str but the same armor.

Yep, assuming that's correct that will undoubtedly become a valuable asset for F2P from now on. Depending on how much one needs to farm for it, you could even skip Dragon Slayer now :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Fire_Hawk154
[ Display Name History ]

Fire_Hawk154

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RSN:Fire Hawk154
  • RSN2:Bud Bundy
  • Clan:CE, TLL, TR, FD

Yep, assuming that's correct that will undoubtedly become a valuable asset for F2P from now on. Depending on how much one needs to farm for it, you could even skip Dragon Slayer now :P.

Unles it's as rare as dragonstone armour :P

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

Apparently the stuff is tradeable, though it won't buy even well over med price for me. Oh well <_<. Stats for that axe:

9H5sUbY.png

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw
Gravite 2h still trumps it

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Probably equivalent to Gravite rapier or Gravite longsword.

Shooter585
[ Display Name History ]

Shooter585

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • RSN:Shooter585
  • RSN '07:Shooter585

It's going to be weird seeing people mix the rune and gud raider chainbody together.  Personally I dislike how endgame f2p content gets released with such an easy minigame (unless it has been made harder since I last played it).

BmkSbxS.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

From what I have heard (admittedly, only one friend, but they seem to have some experience, rune armour, and gravite weaponry), you may be underestimating the difficulty of goblin raids, and also the frequency of drop. I'll have to try it out for myself soon.

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Fire_Hawk154
[ Display Name History ]

Fire_Hawk154

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts

It's easy. You don't even need food if you use protection prayers. If you're in a group, the fight lasts about 20 abilities. The only thing that makes Gud items rare is the droprate and only being able to do it once every 30 minites.

Soa
[ Display Name History ]

Soa

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • RSN:Dartfield

DG PENALTY TO BE REMOVED NEXT MONDAY.

http://www.reddit.co...e_removed_next/

Posted Image

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

DG PENALTY TO BE REMOVED NEXT MONDAY.

http://www.reddit.co...e_removed_next/

Huge gold star to the JMod(s) (Kelpie + ninjas?) who got this done, very pleased to hear it!  :thumbsup:

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Fire_Hawk154
[ Display Name History ]

Fire_Hawk154

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts

That's great :D I just wonder how they're going to fix it though, as they kept saying before that it would require alot of work :mellow:

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

i still don't know how they screwed up so hard that they couldn't undo one modifier, unless it was more than one, in which case, WHY

8f14270694.jpg

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

i still don't know how they screwed up so hard that they couldn't undo one modifier, unless it was more than one, in which case, WHY

It was more like they didn't care, because it was f2p.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

It was a quick, rushed fix to add it in the first place, and sometimes taking out a bit of code is like playing with a house of cards. My guess would be it was something closer in the middle, i.e, two or three hours of coding when they got down to it, but just kept deferring the project because they had no extra coders available or because it was lower priority.

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Shooter585
[ Display Name History ]

Shooter585

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • RSN:Shooter585
  • RSN '07:Shooter585

Wow I did not think I would live to see this day lol.  Nice to hear anyway.

BmkSbxS.png

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

Thats quite a risk for a lvl 55 def pker, about 4x price.

It looks silly anyway.

:P

Miner_Guy
[ Display Name History ]

Miner_Guy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 762 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Minerguy281

So an old RS F2P player posting here, quit in early 12 and briefly checked upon the game for awhile. However I haven't done in ages now, how is RS atm? Assume you guys must still like otherwise you wouldn't be here :) .

Saw the reboot of old RS too, seems pretty cool but love for RS seems driven by nostalgia. So will the OSRS last? Also not being able to transfer character is kind of annoying. Saw they added GE, which I have conflicting feelings about on the one hand it was amazing but on the other hand so of my best memories came from selling stuff at banks and haggling, so overall I guess I disagree with it.

Sad to see Green H'ween mask is at 80m when I worked my ass off with a friend to get it for like 140m before we quit lol.

EDIT: Just going on to check my account, you now have to download it?!?!

EDIT 2: WTF? I have to change my name?

Posted Image

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

So an old RS F2P player posting here, quit in early 12 and briefly checked upon the game for awhile. However I haven't done in ages now, how is RS atm? Assume you guys must still like otherwise you wouldn't be here :) .

Saw the reboot of old RS too, seems pretty cool but love for RS seems driven by nostalgia. So will the OSRS last? Also not being able to transfer character is kind of annoying. Saw they added GE, which I have conflicting feelings about on the one hand it was amazing but on the other hand so of my best memories came from selling stuff at banks and haggling, so overall I guess I disagree with it.

Sad to see Green H'ween mask is at 80m when I worked my ass off with a friend to get it for like 140m before we quit lol.

EDIT: Just going on to check my account, you now have to download it?!?!

EDIT 2: WTF? I have to change my name?

Firstly, OSRS is being updated, so it will last quite a while.

You don't have to download it, click on the link below the screen you are on to play it in the browser. You cannot play it on some browsers and on mac, not because of Jagex but because some browsers dropped the support of Java.

Yes you have to change your name if you have been inactive for a long time (and probably have not been members), so they could free up names

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Miner_Guy
[ Display Name History ]

Miner_Guy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 762 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Minerguy281

I tried playing it through browser but it just told me to download it, I just downloaded Java too.

Is cooking lobster with cooking urns still the best method for cooking?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users