The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

My current goal is to get 77? woodcutting. But that's because I used the "random goal" thingy.

In the long run, I'll have maxed f2p. My goal for the end of this year is to have 1250? total levels. My goal next year will probably be to get on the top 250 list, unless I can't keep up with the new skill. Also, that 1250 does not include the new skill, my goal will be 1320 once the new skill is released.

Cheers.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

My current goal is Green RCing Robes, Talisman Staffs and some teletabs. Hoping to get an RC Level or two along the way. My ongoing goal is 80 wooductting, I do it on and off. Oh, I also want all skills 60+ eventually. =)

For the players that are on the top 250 f2p list, when do you plan on maxing?

And for every f2per, what are your current goals?

And I think a mod hinted that the skill came out in a month with 28 days (February).

My goals right now are 99 cooking, then finishing up 99 fm...and after that I had planned on getting mining to 99...

Not sure of how I will train mining...I might powermine iron a little, and might try to bank supplies to get more smith xp...kinda want 15m xp in smithing (at least)...

and after all of this, assuming I focus on mining like i did smithing, this will all probably take me a while...so after I might get wc or fish up...both probably, not sure how far or what 99s after that though...

Highest Gop game i've gotten on w61 is like a 54 or something...maybe 57...those games would be several months ago, so hard to remember :)...I prefer my 1v1s to w61 games or team games...speaking of which, anyone wanna 1v1 sometime? PM me in game ;) (sees?! :P)

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Speaking of the new skill, any time references we can use to try to predict skill release? Anniversary of RS2 release? or classic even?

And perhaps the 28 days thing was um...something for us to overthink? Maybe they did mean february and assumed we (the players) would overthink it and consider it a useless hint?

I don't know if i'll even train it when it comes out...It depends on my mood when its released i guess...

when does everyone else plan to start training it? day its released? whenever you're done with w/e you're working on at the time?

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

ugh...I'm kind of annoyed how smithing makes 0 profit...at least concerning the actual smithing part...

Looking at prices of ores and armors, I'll make about 50%+ less by making platebodies and selling compared to just selling the products...

I wouldn't mind a little bit less cash but...50%? Kind of puts me in a tough decision about favorite skill vs overall efficiency in rs...both of which i enjoy...

It'd almost be nice to see an untradeable ore with tradeable products :3

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

ugh...I'm kind of annoyed how smithing makes 0 profit...at least concerning the actual smithing part...

Looking at prices of ores and armors, I'll make about 50%+ less by making platebodies and selling compared to just selling the products...

I wouldn't mind a little bit less cash but...50%? Kind of puts me in a tough decision about favorite skill vs overall efficiency in rs...both of which i enjoy...

It'd almost be nice to see an untradeable ore with tradeable products :3

Yeah, that really sucks about Smithing. Jagex locked the skill when they made rune in the 90s. No thought of expanding whatsoever. :shame:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

BTW, anyone else ready to take merch ccs and affiliates and take a gun and perform certain actions?

Cause I am...My short temper has been set off and I'm doing the best I can to control it :c

I just hate how Jagex allows them...it's...infuriating...

I feel as though, and I know this will sound crazy, I shouldn't be spending my gametime on rs adding merch cc spammers to my ignore list as they continuously pop up on new accounts every 5 minutes or with new members being told to advertise.

Of all the things Jagex doesn't allow, they let antfarms like this exist...

Ok, I will stop turning this thread into a rant...

Um...how does everyone else train mining?

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Yeah, same. I want to quickly hit a 60+, as long it's something I will enjoy.

About the mining thing, I train mining by powermining iron or banking coal.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I just recovered my four year-old F2P account nerdboyxx a couple of days ago, so I'm stoked :D. I've got a lot happening (SC, then HSC coming up, then Uni, then Job...) so I don't think I'll be playing enough to actually make membership worthwhile. So, after I've finished 99 mining on nerdboyxxx, I'll be retiring on that account and switching over to my pure F2P nerdboyxx :P.

Saves me time, money, and worry. Plus, I'll be starting off with a grim reaper hood, my favourite holiday item out of them all. I can't even remember doing the event related to it :XD:. The only stats over 10 that he has are prayer and att/str/def. The rest are between 1 and 8 -.-. Got a lot of work to do.

For now, I'm P2P, but in about a year or two (depends how long it takes for 99 mining) I'll be F2P.

disturbeda.png

F2P IS GREEEEEAT. I notice though that the main problem appears to be with accumalating cash. I hate to be crass but what is a good amount of cash to have. To start ball rolling I am level 82 with best money making stat as 75 wc and i have nearly 200 mill. I wish i had 6 GE slots

F2P IS GREEEEEAT. I notice though that the main problem appears to be with accumalating cash. I hate to be crass but what is a good amount of cash to have. To start ball rolling I am level 82 with best money making stat as 75 wc and i have nearly 200 mill. I wish i had 6 GE slots

Nearly 200M? That's... that's INCREDIBLE to have in F2P! :blink:

I myself haven't even hit the 1M mark yet, though my alt (Singha2002) already has 2M and full sara thanks to the party room. -_-

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Well it appears to be alot but prayer will cost me a few hundred mill so I could do with more!! Obviously I know how to make money through the GE (ALL HAIL THE GE). My main also has over 300 mill and i only play him to accumulate cash as I really want to see one bill which could be achieved. So who is richest pure f2p? I personally have never seen a pure f2p with as much as my main but then again most f2p who are clever enough to make that level of cash dont tend to brag about it. So please dont be shy let us know the heights we need to aspire to

Um...how does everyone else train mining?

I'm training Mining right now by powermining iron in Rimmington. I'm on my way to 99 with less than 4M xp to go, so I probably won't be doing the new skill right away.

Nearly 200M? That's... that's INCREDIBLE to have in F2P! :blink:

I myself haven't even hit the 1M mark yet, though my alt (Singha2002) already has 2M and full sara thanks to the party room. -_-

200M in F2P is incredible. Well done. =D> Personally, I've got about 34M with the long term goal of raising enough cash/rares to buy a White Partyhat. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Well it appears to be alot but prayer will cost me a few hundred mill so I could do with more!! Obviously I know how to make money through the GE (ALL HAIL THE GE). My main also has over 300 mill and i only play him to accumulate cash as I really want to see one bill which could be achieved. So who is richest pure f2p? I personally have never seen a pure f2p with as much as my main but then again most f2p who are clever enough to make that level of cash dont tend to brag about it. So please dont be shy let us know the heights we need to aspire to

i know of one f2per with nearly 90 phats, and another with 500 santas.

160vy.png

Thanks for bursting my bubble. Ill go get my coat. Cab for upthebanner!!!

id say todays been a fairly interesting day of rs :o

i experienced the red glow thing...

even if the update around it is a letdown, at least it provided some nice suspense :)

I can't imagine why they'd do it to F2P as well unless the update will also affect us. So fingers crossed. \:D/

Thanks for bursting my bubble. Ill go get my coat. Cab for upthebanner!!!

no need to have your bubble burst - 300m is doing very well.

the people i mentioned above don't even play anymore so you can forget about them

160vy.png

id say todays been a fairly interesting day of rs :o

even if the update around it is a letdown, at least it provided some nice suspense :)

I can't imagine why they'd do it to F2P as well unless the update will also affect us. So fingers crossed. \:D/

the same thing crossed my mind :)

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Okay, this is going to sound horribly noobish but what "red glow thing"?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Okay, this is going to sound horribly noobish but what "red glow thing"?

wow you're a noob...

(jk)

anyways, about 2 and a half hours ago from whenever this post says, everyone playing runescape, no matter the world or f2p/p2p, levitated, then came down and had a red aura thing go around them, some with ghosts next to them. People also said it sounded like the quest cape sound, however i keep my sound off, so i didnt hear it...

Personally, I was only have paying attention, and what I saw was me in the air a little, then i saw me on the ground again and then i saw a red aura ring around me and then my character looked over himself a bit confused and I recieved a message in chat box saying "You feel a strange power unleash itself upon you." Sadly, I only have a print screen of the message...I was too confused while watching it to take a pic of that, and stopped fming to run to my friends in the bank i was fming at to see if they experienced it too...and they did...so i went on forums, there were only a few threads when i got there, but the number grew quickly...

There are several theories atm...One being the new skill...

Another being Zaros' arrival...which would follow up on theories to the most recent postbag from the hedge and the chaos elementals thread...

Also, the GWD door thawed a little and there are symbols on it or something? So some think its related to that...

Hopefully all the secrets will be revealed soon :)

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png