Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The F2P General Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
5517 replies to this topic

Riemis
[ Display Name History ]

Riemis

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Riemis
  • RSN2:Wow a 2
  • Clan:RSR

For the players that are on the top 250 f2p list, when do you plan on maxing?

And for every f2per, what are your current goals?

And I think a mod hinted that the skill came out in a month with 28 days (February).

Classic joke, every month has 28 day :P

Animorph2
[ Display Name History ]

Animorph2

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Animorph 2

And I think a mod hinted that the skill came out in a month with 28 days (February).

How :o
Usually, I'm very smart, but now I feel stupid.
Posted Image

db300
[ Display Name History ]

db300

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 882 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Ramp Nx
  • RSN2:dtbrehm
  • Clan:Nexus

Just started playing again for the first time in awhile, going to try and get 1100 or 1200 total. I am surprised at how much the price of resources has increased. For example, iron ore (over 200 now, doesn't seem like too long ago it was barely over 100).

Animorph2
[ Display Name History ]

Animorph2

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 383 posts

Just started playing again for the first time in awhile, going to try and get 1100 or 1200 total. I am surprised at how much the price of resources has increased. For example, iron ore (over 200 now, doesn't seem like too long ago it was barely over 100).

Its because members abused PVP drops and caused inflation :(
Posted Image

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer

Lol.

Actually, its more then that. For one, there is far more money in the game then normal, from simple things like alching and monster drops, barrows, etc. PvP is a small factor. For another, there are FAR more people in the game with a lot of money then there were before, simply because people have had more years of play. Thus there is more demand, and although there are more skillers now, the number of people who want fast xp far outweigh the number of skillers. For example, I used up 50k astrals in a week or two stringing ammies. Think of how long those took skillers to make. Supply and demand, not PvP'ers, is the reason.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

LordAdib
[ Display Name History ]

LordAdib

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 377 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:I Am A Bahai

My main goal right now is 99 mining. I'm making steel bars and gaining runecrafting levels in between to ease the boredom. ;) If I gain 4m mining xp like I did last year, then in theory I should have 99 mining by the end of next spring. It's a very slow method (I've been doing this already for over a year) since I mined both my iron and my coal and am still banking the latter, but thanks to the permanently stabilized increase of steel bars by over 400 gp than what they used to be, the profit is very promising. I think I'll have about 100m net worth by the time I'm 99 mining. In the near future, that'll probably be used for smithing, crafting and runecrafting. In the very long-term future, I'll blow it all out (assuming I have more money by then) on prayer. :P

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

atronic92
[ Display Name History ]

atronic92

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • RSN:mrE
  • RSN2:atronic92

Every month has one day, two days, etc. All also have 28 days and most have 29 days and 30 days. Some also have 31 days.

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."
- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Rhonda
[ Display Name History ]

Rhonda

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Rhonda Snord
  • RSN2:Kitt Fox
  • Clan:Cloud Cobra

Try to get what skills I can on the hiscores.
Posted Image

Animorph2
[ Display Name History ]

Animorph2

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 383 posts

Every month has one day, two days, etc. All also have 28 days and most have 29 days and 30 days. Some also have 31 days.

Ahh, very simple.

Lol.

Actually, its more then that. For one, there is far more money in the game then normal, from simple things like alching and monster drops, barrows, etc. PvP is a small factor. For another, there are FAR more people in the game with a lot of money then there were before, simply because people have had more years of play. Thus there is more demand, and although there are more skillers now, the number of people who want fast xp far outweigh the number of skillers. For example, I used up 50k astrals in a week or two stringing ammies. Think of how long those took skillers to make. Supply and demand, not PvP'ers, is the reason.

Actually if the 180 day graphs still went back to mid June you can see that every item rose dramatically when the PVP statues were released.
That was the main reason to be honest.
Alching, monster drops and barrows has been around forever.
The DAY that the pvp statues came out the vast majority of items increased.

People could make 200m a week with PvP 26king etc.
That is why most people have a lot more money now.
Posted Image

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

My goal as of now is to get 1000 total. After that, I'm going to start working on 99 runecrafting, while also getting woodcutting, mining, and fishing levels to stop boredom.

Maybe I might get 99 in those other 3 skills too...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
My current goal is to get 77? woodcutting. But that's because I used the "random goal" thingy.

In the long run, I'll have maxed f2p. My goal for the end of this year is to have 1250? total levels. My goal next year will probably be to get on the top 250 list, unless I can't keep up with the new skill. Also, that 1250 does not include the new skill, my goal will be 1320 once the new skill is released.

Cheers.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

lionesshunt
[ Display Name History ]

lionesshunt

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • RSN:Lionesshunt
It's nice to see that people are keeping this thread alive.

As for my goal, I'd like to eventually achieve 99 mining, but we'll see- It's been quite a while since I've trained it hardcore.
Arguing with a fool proves there are two.

Asmodeous4
[ Display Name History ]

Asmodeous4

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Odal
  • Clan:Lady Heinous
My current goal is Green RCing Robes, Talisman Staffs and some teletabs. Hoping to get an RC Level or two along the way. My ongoing goal is 80 wooductting, I do it on and off. Oh, I also want all skills 60+ eventually. =)

Animorph2
[ Display Name History ]

Animorph2

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 383 posts
Good to hear everyone's goals.
I hope to have 1520 total after the new skill comes out (1435 total without).
Posted Image

Cpchris
[ Display Name History ]

Cpchris

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 98 posts

My goals right now are 99 cooking, then finishing up 99 fm...and after that I had planned on getting mining to 99...

Not sure of how I will train mining...I might powermine iron a little, and might try to bank supplies to get more smith xp...kinda want 15m xp in smithing (at least)...

and after all of this, assuming I focus on mining like i did smithing, this will all probably take me a while...so after I might get wc or fish up...both probably, not sure how far or what 99s after that though...

Highest Gop game i've gotten on w61 is like a 54 or something...maybe 57...those games would be several months ago, so hard to remember :)...I prefer my 1v1s to w61 games or team games...speaking of which, anyone wanna 1v1 sometime? PM me in game ;) (sees?! :P)

Cpchris
[ Display Name History ]

Cpchris

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 98 posts
Speaking of the new skill, any time references we can use to try to predict skill release? Anniversary of RS2 release? or classic even?

And perhaps the 28 days thing was um...something for us to overthink? Maybe they did mean february and assumed we (the players) would overthink it and consider it a useless hint?

I don't know if i'll even train it when it comes out...It depends on my mood when its released i guess...

when does everyone else plan to start training it? day its released? whenever you're done with w/e you're working on at the time?

Cpchris
[ Display Name History ]

Cpchris

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 98 posts
ugh...I'm kind of annoyed how smithing makes 0 profit...at least concerning the actual smithing part...

Looking at prices of ores and armors, I'll make about 50%+ less by making platebodies and selling compared to just selling the products...

I wouldn't mind a little bit less cash but...50%? Kind of puts me in a tough decision about favorite skill vs overall efficiency in rs...both of which i enjoy...

It'd almost be nice to see an untradeable ore with tradeable products :3

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films

ugh...I'm kind of annoyed how smithing makes 0 profit...at least concerning the actual smithing part...

Looking at prices of ores and armors, I'll make about 50%+ less by making platebodies and selling compared to just selling the products...

I wouldn't mind a little bit less cash but...50%? Kind of puts me in a tough decision about favorite skill vs overall efficiency in rs...both of which i enjoy...

It'd almost be nice to see an untradeable ore with tradeable products :3

Yeah, that really sucks about Smithing. Jagex locked the skill when they made rune in the 90s. No thought of expanding whatsoever. :shame:
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Cpchris
[ Display Name History ]

Cpchris

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 98 posts
BTW, anyone else ready to take merch ccs and affiliates and take a gun and perform certain actions?

Cause I am...My short temper has been set off and I'm doing the best I can to control it :c

I just hate how Jagex allows them...it's...infuriating...

I feel as though, and I know this will sound crazy, I shouldn't be spending my gametime on rs adding merch cc spammers to my ignore list as they continuously pop up on new accounts every 5 minutes or with new members being told to advertise.

Of all the things Jagex doesn't allow, they let antfarms like this exist...

Ok, I will stop turning this thread into a rant...

Um...how does everyone else train mining?

Animorph2
[ Display Name History ]

Animorph2

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 383 posts
I plan to train the skill as soon as it's released.
I'm hoping for level 70 in it right away, but I plan on raising it to 85.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users