The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

what we mean is that we dont need to pay attention to what happen in runescape, as the sound of the skill end, that is the time we alt+tab from other thing or web site or go back in front computer and continue the 'afk' process.

for me, i rather take the slowest method rather then fast if involve any losing money. eg is that i smelt silver ore to bar from 20 - 70 lvl, range / mage greater demon and etc.

Actually, if the rest feature wasn't implemented, I wouldn't even bother training runecrafting to this high. Being able to run most/all of the time while training this kind of skill is a big buff.

Of course, that wasn't the only reason why I bothered training it. My friends all had fail runecrafting levels, so I wanted to show off to them by training it to this high. Unfortunately, most of them quit...

Oh well, the fact that it's the rarest 99 helps. Oh, and it has the biggest jump in ranks (my rcing is already in the top 100k and I'm only 65 rcing).

And multitasking muddles me up. :unsure:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

You definitely don't want to afk while training any skill in Runescape, no matter how insanely boring it is since its against the rule. Tbh, I don't even know how u can define afk because a person could simply read the forum and train wc at the same time or other long response skill and looks afking.

I think when he says 'afking,' he means 'browsing the forums' and whatnot, as this is the shortest way of saying so. I would say 'afs (away-from-screen)', but no one's ever heard of that before.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

You definitely don't want to afk while training any skill in Runescape, no matter how insanely boring it is since its against the rule. Tbh, I don't even know how u can define afk because a person could simply read the forum and train wc at the same time or other long response skill and looks afking.

I think when he says 'afking,' he means 'browsing the forums' and whatnot, as this is the shortest way of saying so. I would say 'afs (away-from-screen)', but no one's ever heard of that before.

Then I guess another term is more appropriate, like AFS or AFRS, because Jagex did mentioned that the term AFK is against the rule. It might be misinterpreted if you blurted out in game.

Since I usually have dual monitors set up, I was able to paid attention to whatever I was reading or watching while RSing at the same time, and more so that most of the skill doesn't really exceed 2 minutes when you are training something (unless its a long live tree or water spot)

Speaking of RC again, I was abit miffed when they move the Air Altar from the Fally spot to Varrock, since I thought the cabbage teleport was great for making the air walking a bit shorter. Not to mention that there is a musician on the way (if you decide to bank at Draynor)

a happy Runescaper

Actually, using the Varrock teleport to do your rcing is much faster than cabbage-port before. I tested and you can complete a trip within 40 seconds, and just over 1 min if you use a musician.

So yeah, I like the fact that they decided to move altar locations.

(This is starting to turn into an rcing thread... oh well the skill really is that interesting in F2P. :P )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

AFKing means that you are away from the computer and not actually there.

Example of this is mage splashing, where you can set your character to attack spiders or another creature and purposely splash so you can attack them for upwards of 8 hours.

If you are simply browsing the forums or chatting with friends via Messenger, that is allowed.

Animorph_2.png

How can you mage splash for that long? Because eventually you will make a hit on the monster and kill them.

Also, if you don't hover your cursor on the screen for 5+ mins, you will automatically log out.

And btw, I think there should be a F2P version of Living Rock Caverns. There should be concentrated iron, and I picked that because:

1. People only bother dropping iron ores now.

2. Look at the freaking price.

No more, no less. Just concentrated iron, otherwise the P2P will start moaning.

However, and a big however, the speed that you mine the concentrated ores will be slightly slower than normal mine/drop, so it wouldn't really be a "broken" method of mining in F2P.

Whaddya think? :)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

actually i see some ppl cast air strike on lvl 1 rat, or air wizard wearing full armor that decrease magic stat. if not wrong, they are somehow have some extra protection against it because of its nature, thus can continue for quite sometime. however with recent updates, you can no longer AFK for more then 5 min without moving cursur inside runescape.

Sonic, not is not quite true, it is just that RC is more variable to talk about, since most of the skill is semi AFKable. but i can see this this thread will popular very soon since the release of the new skill.

actually i see some ppl cast air strike on lvl 1 rat, or air wizard wearing full armor that decrease magic stat. if not wrong, they are somehow have some extra protection against it because of its nature, thus can continue for quite sometime. however with recent updates, you can no longer AFK for more then 5 min without moving cursur inside runescape.

Sonic, not is not quite true, it is just that RC is more variable to talk about, since most of the skill is semi AFKable. but i can see this this thread will popular very soon since the release of the new skill.

I know, but at some point you're going to hit and kill the monster. Sure, there's like a -65 magic bonus, but that doesn't mean the chance you will hit is 0%.

And what? I don't really get what you are trying to say about the rcing statement. You're saying it has more variety, but it is also semi-afkable? :blink:

Hopefully the new skill will be released this month...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

To be honest, i love afk-able skills. I'm mostly playing RuneScape with my laptop in the livingroom. That means if i'm clicking alot (firemaking), after some time mom starts asking; can you stop with that smashing on your mouse/keyboard? It's annoying.

Fishing is irl a way to relax and a game is also mostly a way to relax, if you ask me. There should be more respect for these skills. We are not all plain lazy. I mine or firemake on other times when i am alone at home. It's a sort of time management.

Something different:

I hear information about the fact the new F2P skill is coming next tuesday. It's so long ago F2P had such a giant update. It gives me the same feeling again when i was young and counted days till it was Christmass. I can't waiiiiiit anymore! :ohnoes:

Maxed out F2P will be then at 1593, that give some aberations in the hiscores. And what will happen if all players left what they where doing and start to play the new skill? Will raw materials rise or lower? Less coal miners or less smithers? Same with fishmen and woodcutters. What will crash and what will rise? I can't forcast that. Interesting new times will come.

greedy44.png

i say is that most of the skill can be afk or afr or afc by turning the speaker volume higher.

rc have thing like choosing which runes you are making, GOP, using tablets, runecrafter glove, how to go altar and back, rest and etc.

what i mean is that rc skill also involving playing GOP, FOG too.

and i am one of the ppl that wont use magic for anything but damage spell.

this make my hp lvl quite high for average, and all the lamp go into hp. since i dont plan to up too much def and att.

and

Greedy, ya. i also thinking about the same thing, since most of the ppl are f2p, i expect the raw metarials(if any) for the new skill to raise sky high, and wont drop any time soon.

skiller and raw meterials for other skill will reduce, and expect mechs to play with all the market price.

Maxed out F2P will be then at 1593, that give some aberations in the hiscores. And what will happen if all players left what they where doing and start to play the new skill? Will raw materials rise or lower? Less coal miners or less smithers? Same with fishmen and woodcutters. What will crash and what will rise? I can't forcast that. Interesting new times will come.

All I know is that I'm passing a good 10 people in the list that have quit with this new skill.

Say hello to the rank 80's.

Animorph_2.png

I'm guessing that the way raw material prices behave depends on what kind of skill it is, if it's a collecting skill then raw material prices probably wont change much, but if it's related to any of the materials we already have then the prices will skyrocket.

With the new skill coming out February, I'm kinda confused of what to do now.

Should I wait till the new skill comes out to obtain 1000 total? Or should I continue my rcing/crafting/smithing and reach 1000 total via those methods?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Should I wait till the new skill comes out to obtain 1000 total? Or should I continue my rcing/crafting/smithing and reach 1000 total via those methods?

Do whatever you feel like.

Personally I've waited for this moment for a long time and I'm pumped and will most likely train the skill straight to 80.

60 at least, 70 if it isn't too bad, and 80 if I can.

Then I'll continue on with my other plans.

Animorph_2.png

You don't know if the new skill comes out in february... so deciding what to do based on some rumours isn't really clever. Just do what you like because it's still a game and a game is meant to be fun.

[404] Signature not found.

If it is a moneycosting skill then I think I completely ignore the new skill for about 3 months and then see what I can do.

If it is a moneymaking skill then I think I might do it a lot in the beginning (to achieve a lot of money) and ignore it afterwards anyway.

I will try to abuse the skill to gain a lot of money in the beginning :P ;).

*edit: I strongly disadvise to buy any rares atm, but ok who am I...

All I know is that I'm passing a good 10 people in the list that have quit with this new skill.

Say hello to the rank 80's.

Maur choose for exile but i saw him yesterday. And friend of me saw him ingame at grand exchange 3 days ago. My Maur-home-teleport-curse works. He's still here on low profile. :smile:

greedy44.png

Maur choose for exile but i saw him yesterday. And friend of me saw him ingame at grand exchange 3 days ago. My Maur-home-teleport-curse works. He's still here on low profile. :smile:

This proves Runescape IS the biggest hole of addiction after all. :twisted: (Or maybe he is maxed so that is a different story...)

@ Deyan: I strongly disadvise buying rares AT ALL. They are just plain useless, and overpriced for something purely cosmetic.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I know Ani's extremely hyped up about the new skill, lol.

Hey!

No making fun here :(

It's been 5 years of waiting for this moment.

And in those 5 years, I think there were only 5 updates? (average of 1 a year) that I could try.

0 of which were above my levels.

Animorph_2.png

You don't know if the new skill comes out in february... so deciding what to do based on some rumours isn't really clever. Just do what you like because it's still a game and a game is meant to be fun.

Exactly, what reliable piece of information do we have that the skill is coming out in Feb (unless you claim the strange power was a clue)?

Exactly, what reliable piece of information do we have that the skill is coming out in Feb (unless you claim the strange power was a clue)?

A Jagex Mod said that the new skill would be coming out in a month with 28 days. People take this as saying that it's coming out in February. What they fail to realize is that ALL months have 28 days...It's an old joke.

Hey!

No making fun here :(

It's been 5 years of waiting for this moment.

And in those 5 years, I think there were only 5 updates? (average of 1 a year) that I could try.

0 of which were above my levels.

Yeah, I'm anticipated about the new skill too. I can safely say I'm extremely hyped up about the new skill as well.

Oh and by the way, how come you're not on the Tip It F2P hiscore list?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Sonic, that is not truly true. According to RSOF Game Update FAQ - 19/01/10.

"Why did you make the armour the same stats as rune?"

The intention was good – we wanted to make the stats better, allowing more people to feasibly use the crazy-looking armour. We’re now looking over the stats again, so you can expect the stats to change (in a way we hope you’ll approve of) soon.