lionesshunt

The F2P General Discussion Thread

What about taverley dungeon?

Black Dragons.

Dragon Bones.

Yes? No? Probably make the dungeon p2p.

Stormfire64.png

Wait

That'll allow F2Pers to use the photo booth near Falador, correct?

I'm hoping so.

• Like 1

I hope you can't use Gilded Altar in F2P. That would make Prayer so easy while it's one of the hardest skills now (obtaining the money atleast). Jagex already made Runecrafting easy with Runespan and look at the amount of players who got 99 RC with it. It used to require alot of effort and I used to be really proud on my level, but now it's just not special anymore. Making Prayer simple too would just decrease the value of maxing it.

• Like 1

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

I hope you can't use Gilded Altar in F2P. That would make Prayer so easy while it's one of the hardest skills now (obtaining the money atleast). Jagex already made Runecrafting easy with Runespan and look at the amount of players who got 99 RC with it. It used to require alot of effort and I used to be really proud on my level, but now it's just not special anymore. Making Prayer simple too would just decrease the value of maxing it.

Costly =/= Difficult.

Wait

I'm hoping so.

They're talking specifically only about Burthope and Taverley. There's a lot of members content in F2p areas already so I don't see any change about this one.

Don't you find it fascinating that the signatures tend to take more space than posts themselves

Wait

I'm hoping so.

They're talking specifically only about Burthope and Taverley. There's a lot of members content in F2p areas already so I don't see any change about this one.

So they're going to put barriers to the south of Taverley in F2P worlds to prevent people from going there?

Or would literally everything there say "You need to be in a members world to use this feature"?

And if the area under Taverly stays open... Isn't the shortcut west of the West Fally bank 5 agil? Which leads to a mine with 2 coal / 3 iron spots? Would be semi helpful opening that up.

Also, regarding altars, it would prob be a member feature to visit other people's houses, where only your own is open on f2p. Simple fix to the altar for Jagex, who have shown already with making Bonecrusher P2P that they don't want easy Prayer for F2Pers.

Jagex really needs to clarify this up...

Dart.jpg

What kind of things would someone be able to build with Lv. 5 construction anyway?

I just looked at the skill guide, they can make the really basic furniture for a parlour and a kitchen.

Enough to allow them to have... decent... house parties, I guess?

I don't really see a reason for wanting to prevent them from visiting each other's houses personally.

What certain areas would we be able to skill in? That is what ponders my mind.

Honestly, this just sounds like they are adding in tutorial-related items and areas, nothing else. Other than the extra levels and the ability to summon a dreadfowl for some extra (pitiful) damage, the only other things that will be useful will be the drapes.

22031_s.gif

Does this mean we get the summoning quest that needs to be completed to start summoning?

Midnight.png

We get all of the quest that this area has. They confirmed it.

" To do this, we're making Burthorpe and Taverley part of the free game, as well as the associated quests and training areas within it." , - Mod Mark, BTS

mister-raven.png

I wonder if Witch's House and Death Plateau would be one of the quests added for F2P?

Though their wording made it sound like they'd only get Let Them Eat Pie, Wolf Whistle and Druidic Ritual.

Oh, but Death Plateau would mean that Claws from Bronze --> Rune would be F2P, right?

Honestly, Jagex isn't going to give F2P very much. They'll open Taverly / Burthorpe, make 1 or 2 training methods available and then make the rest into "Subscribe to members to access this feature". There's no reason for them to give us, say, Taverly dungeon which makes very little sense for them to do because of the number of P2P creatures within it.

• Like 1

I don't think anything bad to f2p should come of this - the lists can still continue etc, and as previously mentioned our total level will look nicer :)

They'll probably open up only low-level items needed for member skills, I'm thinking maybe only 50 extra items in total. They won't give us much but when they do give us something that still is good!

Just wondering, is there any clan/friends chat for pure f2pers?

Katakanaman1.png

More than you'd think. ;)

Swing by the 'F2P United' fc and say hi to everyone.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

From today, free players can train almost every members' skill up to level 5! This permanent expansion to the free game replaces the old two-week free trial previously offered on new accounts, and is a great way for free players to get a taste of the amazing content that membership brings to the game.

Free players must still log on to free-to-play worlds, but on those worlds it is now possible to train every members' skill (with the exception of Construction) up to level 5. On top of that, we've opened up Burthorpe and Taverley to everyone. These two towns make up the Troll Warzone - which is an excellent introduction to the members' game - and contain all the training spots and items you'll need to sample the first 5 levels of the members' game.

You'll also have access to four members' quests:

Seems like training p2p skills to lvl 5 would be the right choice. Although training 1 skill to lvl 2 would be quite disturbing.

New, low-level potions have been implemented for the 1-5 Herblore level range, and these have adopted the non-prefixed name (e.g. ranging potion).

So we will have attack, magic and ranging potion.

Summon spirit wolf

As a conclusion, there won't be anything useful except potions. And for me individually it doesn't make playing easier at all.

• Like 1

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Well, I've just found out the drapes and both guilds in the area are off-limits. A tad disappointing :(

Most anoying part of the update is that all my P2P skills now say 5/80. Curse you Jagex! Don't you know some of us are OCD about our skills?!?!?

• Like 1

Most anoying part of the update is that all my P2P skills now say 5/80. Curse you Jagex! Don't you know some of us are OCD about our skills?!?!?

Does Construction also say 5/80? You can get it up with xp lamps, not sure if it's a bug :3

I think they just didn't wanna deal with houses for F2P.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Does the level 5 cap merely mean the player stops gaining EXP once they reach it, or does it prevent them from using the skill (e.g., making potions) altogether?

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Does the level 5 cap merely mean the player stops gaining EXP once they reach it, or does it prevent them from using the skill (e.g., making potions) altogether?

You just cant get more EXP and you get a stupid message in your chat that you've reached the cap. You can still use the skill though :)

Does Construction also say 5/80?

Yes.

20tpfmx.jpg