Nomad made easy!

De_Lille_D

Nomad Made Easy

Intro:

This guide should help anyone attempting to defeat the hardest Quest Boss so far. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I did find a good way to kill him. I will explain how to kill him with melee, but you can easily adjust it to work for range.

If you want other info about the quest, go here: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=214

Vid:

Info about the fight:

The fight is a follow-up of 4 different attacks:

1. Mine attack: He drops mines around you, which explode when you step on them, dealing 40 damage and depleting your run energy. They stay around until after the 75 attack, then they'll explode and hit you if you're nearby. There will be an open spot south of you, so you can get away without getting hit.
  2. 75-attack: He teles to his throne and says "You cannot hide from my wrath". He'll charge up his attack, which hits a 75, but you can hide behind a pillar to avoid it.
  3. Clone attack: He teles away and creates 3 clones which all attack you. The real one will always attacks last. Once you attack the real one, the decoys disappear. If you attack a decoy, it disappears.
  4. Freeze attack: He teles both of you near the throne and freezes you (no damage). He will then charge his attack and hit your for one less than your max hp. If you're 86, he'll hit 85. Can't be avoided.

After the clone attack, he starts over.

Once you get him to start meleeing, he won't mage anymore.

About Nomad: -- http://www.tip.it/runescape/?rs2monster_id=1367

He uses magic for most of the fight and has 1000 hp. The first time you get him to low hp, he'll heal up to 500. The second time, he'll switch to fast melee (dart speed) and continue until the end of the fight.You can hide from his attacks behind one of the pillars, but sit there too long and he'll shout "Coward!" and reset his hp.

His magic attacks are not affected by prayers; his melee attack is.

Preparation:

I suggest meleeing him with high magic defense. Just bring what you think is best.

Here's what I suggest:

Helm: Neitiznot

Amour: Karil top & Bottom [if you die you'll have to repair it] > Black Dhide top & Bottom

Gloves: Barrow gloves

Boots: Dragon Boots

Necklace: Fury

Cape: Fire cape

Ring: Warrior ring

Arrows: Diamond Bolts (e) [about 50 should do]

Weapon: BGS > Zammy Spear > Whip + defender/ DFS/ Mage's Book

Inventory:

4 Super Restores (4)

5 Restores (4)

Rune Crossbow

Spec weapon [if your main weapon's spec sucks (I used Sara Sword + Dclaws)]

Rest of inventory and BoB: full of Sara Brews (4)

Walkthrough:

Bank at Soul Wars and put on your equipment.

Drink in order a dose of: Sara Brew, Super Restore, Super Attack, Super Strength. Bank the pots you drank from.

Summon the best Beast of Burden you can use.

Fill your inventory and BoB as stated above.

Set the button to "Take BoB".

Make your way to Nomad.

Before you enter the room, set Quick Prays to "Piety" and "Rapid Heal".

If you brought a Spec Weapon, equip it and click on the spec bar.

Set your attack style to Accurate.

Enter the room and you'll automatically talk to him.

Once he jumps down, click on Quick Prays and attack him.

The most important part of this guide is how to heal behind a pillar, without getting him to reset his hp:

Healing while standing next to him is kind of useless, because he can hit rapid 20's, negating the healing you just did. Just block him around the pillar once you get to 40 hp and start drinking those Sara Brews and a restore pot dose (yes, a normal restore pot) at the end. You can easily drink 5 doses in this safespot and still not have to worry about him resetting his hp. Your Super Restores are mainly for prayer and can be drunk in between hits.

After you block him, he'll first say "Face me!", which is a sign he's getting impatient and that you shouldn't take too long. Once he calls you a "Coward!", his hp will reset. Please note that running back and forth behind a pillar every second (like when you double back because of auto-retaliate several times) will be considered as hiding behind a pillar constantly.

If you are ranging, be sure to step next to him after healing, or he might reset his hp, even thought he's attacking you; this is why I would recommend melee. Do a test run (see Tips) first, so you can get used to it, without wasting Sara Brews.

The fight rotates around the 4 attacks, so I'll address each here:

1. Mine attack: When this is his next attack, never stand north of a pillar (or you might be trapped and forced to walk over a mine). When he starts to drop the mines, run straight south about 5 steps and stand behind a pillar to lure him away from the mines. Once there, just resume fighting him. Don't worry about healing too much here, you'll have time once he uses his next attack. Don't try to run west really fast once he starts dropping; it's too dangerous.
  2. 75-attack: Once he teles, just behind a pillar and use this to heal up and restore prayer. Wait until the attack splashes on the pillar and he'll come running towards you. Just wait for him to get there and resume fighting.
  3. Clone attack: Either let auto-retaliate find the real Nomad for you, or watch which one attacks last. If you attack the real one, his health bar will appear. Resume fighting.
  4. Freeze attack: Once you're frozen, heal above max health (he'll hit one less than your max health), but don't drink restore pots yet. Range him while he charges. After he attacks, just run to a pillar and heal. Resume fighting. Remember not to stand north of a pillar after this attack, because the mines attack is next.

When he starts meleeing, turn on melee pray and the rest of the fight should be no problem. If you have plenty of Sara Brews left, just stay next to him and play it safe. If not, use the pillar. I don't think the pillar is needed and you risk resetting his hp.

Tips:

• Keep your Piety and Rapid Heal on during the entire fight.
  • If you die, you'll spawn next to the Soul Wars bank, with your grave withing 10 steps. However, Barrows will degrade and your familiar will drop everything he was holding.
  • If you know you are going to die, just block him around a pillar and log out. This will tele you to Soul Wars bank, where you can try again right away, but lose nothing. The door doesn't always work.
  • If he resets his hp, log out and retry, unless you just started and think you can manage.
  • Try a test run first, but bring no familiar and 2 Prayer Pots (4),a Sara Brew (for the Freeze attack) and the rest sharks. This might seem like a waste, but if you make him reset when you got him to melee, you'll lose a lot more.
  • The reason I suggest normal Restores is because if you drink a dose of it, after drinking 4 doses of Sara Brew, it will almost entirely restore your stats, making them more efficient then Super Restores. They're also a lot cheaper.
  • Buy pots for about 4 fights, if you can afford it. If you die/log out, you won't waste any time.
  • Drop empty vials so you can take extra brews from your BoB. The Freeze attack is a good time to do this.
  • I used 20 Sara Brews (so you get an idea) and it took me 13 minutes.

Final words:

I hope this helps you beat him. Constructive criticisms only. You can copy this guide, if you credit me as the author and link back to the original guide. I'll try to answer any questions you might have.

Good luck; you're gonna need it.

Hey!

This is the most promising guide I've seen thus far. Thanks for sharing it. I'll definately nail this dude once I've finished wgs and brd. I'm only hoping he won't shred me open :pray:

I died 12 times to this guy, before I tried healing behind pillars. After a few test runs, I tried again: I had 11 Sara Brews left!

I'm guessing any 100+ with a little luck can defeat this guy. Good luck.

After he summons 3 clones, the last Nomad to attack will be the real one. Saves you some time as you can continue fighting immediately.

I already mention this in the info about the fight.

The clone attack comes before the final Total HP - 1 attack, and then the cycle repeats.

Yeah, you're right. When I was writing the guide, I put it in the correct order, but Tip.It Bestiary said Freeze before Clone, so I went with it.

Good news everyone! The vid of my fight with Nomad is edited and if someone could tell me how to upload a .wmv to Youtube, I'll add a link.

After he summons 3 clones, the last Nomad to attack will be the real one. Saves you some time as you can continue fighting immediately.

Well I read this and assumed you didn't know, you might want to remove it.

Clone attack: Best thing to do is let auto-retaliate find the right Nomad for you. If you find the right one, his health bar will appear. Resume fighting.
2dvjurb.png

Clone attack: Best thing to do is let auto-retaliate find the right Nomad for you. If you find the right one, his health bar will appear. Resume fighting.

I found it easier to just wait for my character to run up to the right Nomad by himself, but still mention the info for those who disagree.

Also, remove what? The info about the last one attacking being the real one?

I found it easier to just wait for my character to run up to the right Nomad by himself, but still mention the info for those who disagree.

No I mean removing the part where you state the best thing to do is leaving auto retaliate on. All 4 Nomads hit pretty hard and since the problem most people have is a lack of space to keep food in, it would definitely be better just to attack the Nomad that attacks last.

2dvjurb.png

No I mean removing the part where you state the best thing to do is leaving auto retaliate on. All 4 Nomads hit pretty hard and since the problem most people have is a lack of space to keep food in, it would definitely be better just to attack the Nomad that attacks last.

They hit up to 10 max, but I'll add the suggestion, so people can chose for themselves. Either way, you'll get hit once before you can find the real one, I just find it easier to let the game find the real one for me.

Sara sword is pretty horrible there you'd be much better off with a whip+rune defender or a spirit shield for defence. I tried my first 3 times with a sara sword and barely got him to under half hp any of those tries. Tried whip next and got him to where he heals like 5 times but never beat him, so I finally gave up on that and bought a z spear lol destroyed him.

Sara sword is pretty horrible there you'd be much better off with a whip+rune defender or a spirit shield for defence. I tried my first 3 times with a sara sword and barely got him to under half hp any of those tries. Tried whip next and got him to where he heals like 5 times but never beat him, so I finally gave up on that and bought a z spear lol destroyed him.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be that good, but then again, I did beat him, didn't I? That's why I suggest BGS > Zspear > Sara Sword. If you watch the vid, I hit very bad, until I switch to Accurate.

Maybe I'll include the whip, but I tried that before, and it didn't get me far, so I assumed it was worse than SS, and thus not worth including. Anyone can confirm that whip + mage book (only one kind of spirit shield is better than mage book and it costs 99 Mill) is better than SS?

I never said it didn't; I said "take what you want". Then I suggested the equipment I used.

BGS is the recommended weapon, because I met a 137 when I was trying to beat him, who said BGS hit better than most weapons for him. I also saw vids of people use Z Spear and I used Sara Sword myself, which in retrospective, wasn't so bad (even though your attack style doesn't complement the attack bonusses). I did try whip + defender at first, without good results, but that might have to do with my armour and not knowing about the pillars...

A fully charged DFS has only a +10 magic defence bonus, on top of a +7 strength bonus (which is of lesser importance here, since we are looking for more accuracy, not higher hits). I'd say a whip + mage's book (+15 magic defense) would be about as good, but if you disconnect you'll lose less money. It doesn't really matter at your level, ickdeep, your stats are even better than mine and I did just fine even with all the mistakes I made (see vid).

I'm not entirely sure whip is a good choice, but I don't have enough experience to be conclusive (you only get to fight him once (fortunately)).

If anyone gets a chance to compare whip + defender/mage book/DFS to BGS or any of the other weapons I mentioned, I'd like to hear the results.

I used your guide and used your suggested item set up but without anything in the ring slot and with a trimmed skill cape using Whip + Holy Book. I got him down to his melee attack first time but ran out of restores due to bad management of them, second time I killed him with 2 super restore and 6 restore doses left and 32 brew doses left. So I would say the whip is pretty good there, though I do have 99 attack which probably helped.

Thanks for the guide, finally managed to get my quest cape back :^_^:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I used your guide and used your suggested item set up but without anything in the ring slot and with a trimmed skill cape using Whip + Holy Book. I got him down to his melee attack first time but ran out of restores due to bad management of them, second time I killed him with 2 super restore and 6 restore doses left and 32 brew doses left. So I would say the whip is pretty good there, though I do have 99 attack which probably helped.

Thanks for the guide, finally managed to get my quest cape back :^_^:

Individual reports are no good. I'd like people to compare them, but I guess I'll add whip to the guide.

Would you say I need to add another Super Restore to the recommended inventory?

Also, gratz on defeating him.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be that good, but then again, I did beat him, didn't I? That's why I suggest BGS > Zspear > Sara Sword. If you watch the vid, I hit very bad, until I switch to Accurate.

Maybe I'll include the whip, but I tried that before, and it didn't get me far, so I assumed it was worse than SS, and thus not worth including. Anyone can confirm that whip + mage book (only one kind of spirit shield is better than mage book and it costs 99 Mill) is better than SS?

Neither whip or ss are very good but I'm wondering why you would think SS is better than a whip in the first place. SS is the same speed as a whip, same bonuses besides prayer and crush(not like crush matters), but it's 2 handed. Whip+any shield>SS anywhere. Unless you're training strength (I doubt anyone is on him) whip is better than a SS.

Neither whip or ss are very good but I'm wondering why you would think SS is better than a whip in the first place. SS is the same speed as a whip, same bonuses besides prayer and crush(not like crush matters), but it's 2 handed. Whip+any shield>SS anywhere. Unless you're training strength (I doubt anyone is on him) whip is better than a SS.

Fair enough. Removing SS.

ive just tried void + Bgs in my 2nd attempt with awsome results

I pretty much owned Nomad even though im 80 def hahah

i ended with 4 brews (4) , 1 brew (1) and 1 sup restore(1) , i kinda worried that is was gonna run out of pray so if u going to use void

I suggest adding 1 or 2 more sup restores for pray since you arent going to have much pray bonus

i still consider Jad>Nomad anyways

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

Proud owner of these capes + quest cape

99 cooking achieved 26/06/06

99 fletch achieved 22/07/08

99 firemaking achieved 22/07/08

99 magic achieved 25/12/08

99 crafting achieved 25/12/08

99 attack achieved 25/12/08

99 strenght achieved 01/03/09

99 hitpoints achieved 23/10/09

99 ranged achieved 23/11/09

well itd sure speed up the fight, if you want to waste money on something like that

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come