HD vs. Standard Quality

Giordano

HD vs. Standard, which do you play and why?

I play Standard because I'm used to the older RS graphics. You know, NO FACES!!! :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as I am not afk fishing or woodcutting, I use high detail. Even though the graphics in HD is like... "WOW", I still prefer it because if nothing else it makes things in the game look a bit more natural. In SD I find things very.. Square-ish :P And HD gives a tiny bit more detail, so I like it! :thumbsup:

Stand Quality for life. ;)

Had Standard forever don't feel like changing. :)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Standard Detail, because it is a lot less choppy, therefore more "effective".

I'd definitely take High Detail if my comp doesn't go choppy a lot though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

SD.

My old laptop used to run HD fine, but my new one has serious issues. I couldn't even load it with windows 7 for a time.. And now even on the lowest settings of HD a black screen appears for a good 5 seconds whenever I move between map-zones ingame. I also think that HD looks crap.

asrhasrh.jpg

HD for me as well. I usually use the original sized screen in HD though, and resizable window when I need to see a much wider area. ie, Spiritual Mages, Abyssal Demons etc. SD is very ugly, and i think HD just makes RS that much more interesting. The only problem i have with resized screen is the button layout. I'm so used to the old ones, the new i have to spend a few seconds looking for the buttons and in a dangerous situation, it's not really a good thing :P

My computer does handle HD but i dont really think that HD has that runescape feeling :P

So im rolling with standard :D

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

I play standard because I'm used to the menu layout and I don't like how the chat box is 'clear' in HD. Sometimes HD makes me queasy :shock:

That depends on what you have your screen sizing set to, not your detail level.

You can log out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Since it was released, always HD in resizeable mode.

I've used SD once or twice since HD came out and even then I only used it for about a minute as I'm now so used to HD...lol

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

I have a good computer, so... HD for me.

If I had to resort back to SD I would not play, simple as that. SD looks like dog balls after having played HD for months. :razz:

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

HD on my desktop, SD on my laptop. I think with a 9k+ series grafics card, you save yourself from a lot of lag by going HD. In fact, all the lag I get on my desktop is loading players and npcs in crowded places like slayer tower or ge because of a terrible connection.