Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Our Future Professions

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
A teacher. English first and foremost, but then like also Computers and/or Math, seeing as English teachers are pretty much dime a dozen down here.

I love imparting knowledge, and teaching stuff is kinda my passion. I hate seeing teachers who don't care about their students, and view their career as just that, and don't make any effort to do more than the bare minimums. I want to help shape people's lives, and be remembered down the track when people nostalgia up about their school lives and say "Hey remember that English teacher? Man, he was awesome."

I feel all warm and fuzzy when I think about that. So, yeah, teaching. :3
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

cydoor
[ Display Name History ]

cydoor

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Cydoor
  • Clan:BlacKnights
A scientist in chemistry (or related fields) most probably as that's what I'm studying right now. And I'm already working on a research project, so why not continue that.
Computational and organic chemistry ftw! :D
Posted Image

Arcantica
[ Display Name History ]

Arcantica

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I went to college for wildlife biology. I had known I wanted to work with animals since I was a kid. Just was a passion I always had for the outdoors, and growing up in northern Minnesota, in the middle of nowhere, I guess I just grew up with the respect for the natural world around me. When I turned 15, I moved to the cities, which really disturbed me, but I ended up being able to get opportunities like internships I wouldn't have been able to do anywhere else.

I started volunteering for a local wildlife rehabilitation center in the summers, and I got a job at a petstore of all places. Then by the time I was nearing the end of highschool I was able to start doing serious internships at the zoo's here, and then the raptor center helping rehabilitate injured hawks, eagles, and owls. Got to work as a zookeeper for most of my internship at the Minnesota Zoo. Then my last 2 years of college I moved back home up north to finish my wildlife biology degree. Now I work with the tribal fish and game, up here on the reservation. I get to spend most of my work time outdoors which I love. I could never sit behind a desk all day lol.

I'm also a traditional Native American artist as well. Not like painting pictures, but our traditional arts such as beadwork, crafts, and bark baskets and such. I spend most of the summer traveling around to various gatherings and Native dance competitions.

The best advice I can give though is, volunteer and do internships as much as possible. Those really help in the long run.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg
2001-2006 the fourth and last legit 123 on classic
123 classic/137 rs2 Native American Pride

TTanT
[ Display Name History ]

TTanT

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,041 posts
I would really like to be in the field of paleontology.

However, fi that fails, I've resolved to be an unsuccessful writer.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

Tifers say the darndest things

Abc1230
[ Display Name History ]

Abc1230

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,416 posts
Psychology and architecture are the only things that have interested me this far in school, but I don't really know if I can get a decent job from either :P I'll probably spend most of my life with my parents, move out when I'm 40, and commit suicide shortly thereafter :thumbup:

i_love_burritos
[ Display Name History ]

i_love_burritos

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,668 posts

Psychology and architecture are the only things that have interested me this far in school, but I don't really know if I can get a decent job from either :P I'll probably spend most of my life with my parents, move out when I'm 40, and commit suicide shortly thereafter :thumbup:

Ever thought of becoming a professional compulsive exhibitionist ?

I heard it pays well. :thumbup:

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
Just a small note. Don't worry if you don't have a clue what you want to do even after you finish high/second. The best advice is to continue eduction in the fields you find most interesting for as long as possible and find careers using those.

Currently i am at university studying History. Eventually i hope to become a teacher of it. My basic thought is that i want to teach 'something'. So as i am interested in history i am aiming to teach that. However, i have found that i am not overly good at history while being here, so i may turn to IT as a teaching career instead, but only time will tell. There is no rush.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Jernlov
[ Display Name History ]

Jernlov

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,171 posts
I kind of want to be an English Second Language teacher, either working here or abroad. I would have to improve my Japanese a lot and get over my fear of school, though. It's probably more than feasible in the long-term.

D Jay99
[ Display Name History ]

D Jay99

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,105 posts
  • RSN:D Jay99
Something with a desk, a suit, and economics/maths. Boooooring. :thumbup:

Teaching doesn't seem so bad either, even though I'd probably be a pretty bad teacher.
Posted Image

Lateralus
[ Display Name History ]

Lateralus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,265 posts
All I want to do (or feel able to do) is write, so I just need to continue down the path I'm on just now - Working terrible jobs that won't tie me down and will allow me the time I need to think and write. Maybe some long way down the line I wouldn't mind being a university lecturer. We'll see how it goes.
La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

exodus199
[ Display Name History ]

exodus199

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 64 posts
Hopefully a professional poker player, it is literally my dream job, as I love the game and I would love being able to work whenever I want. And I'm pretty much unable to do anything I don't enjoy. I'm making quite a bit of money from it at the moment and am definitely good enough to make money, but I don't know if I could make enough to live from, as I can't play legally yet it's a bit tricky.

To get there I would just need to practice a lot, but studying is also a pretty important part if you want to make serious money.

pegpenguin
[ Display Name History ]

pegpenguin

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 237 posts
ahahah this topic always gets my parents in a royally awful mood :P My career choices are pretty simple, I'm a bass player, and I'll be going to the Musicians Institute soon, and I'll be the best bass player ever :P

I've always dabbled in writing. Mostly just poetry, so hopefully I'll be able to sell that a bit :P I use to be way into theology and stuff, but honestly, people don't really care that much, except for those people who like to throw insults instead of facts. So I expected to do that for the rest of my life, just debate with people and write books. But I can't take it anymore.

Mostly because People are stupid. And I'm including myself in that. :P

meol
[ Display Name History ]

meol

The Alchemist

• Members
  • 5,276 posts
I am a physicist. For Nature, she calls to me. <3: (Well, I'm just a student atm, but that's the plan)

Although I've always been interested in psychology and politics, but I can't see myself working in either field.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
My dream job is to be a highschool history teacher. Second choice would be a butcher.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Abc1230
[ Display Name History ]

Abc1230

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,416 posts

My dream job is to be a highschool history teacher. Second choice would be a butcher.

What about a high school history teacher butcher? ;)

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
Broadcasting Major here with Communication and Film Studies minors. So that means I can go into Radio, TV, Film, or Teaching Communication. Personally, I see myself going into Television and applying my film knowledge to my camera skills to become better but eventually I would love to be a producer.

I couldn't see myself doing anything else. My job is to play around with the latest technology. :)
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

Jeffwilson99
[ Display Name History ]

Jeffwilson99

Sheep love astroturf kiwi fruit sandwiches egg noodles rabbits

• Members
  • 4,232 posts
Some poeple seem like they have pretty cool careers in mind. Personally, I'm currently studying Geography at Univeristy, but I'm not sure what I want to do. Teaching is a possibility.
Posted Image

Johannas
[ Display Name History ]

Johannas

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,135 posts
  • RSN:Johannas
[quote name='Goonstalf' date='19 January 2010 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1263930069' post='4067069']My dream job is to be a highschool history teacher. Second choice would be a butcher.[/quote]What about a high school history teacher butcher? ;)
[/quote]

That was one of the funniest things i have ever read on this forum, and not alot of people humour me!

I have no idea what i'd like to do, i'm starting some full time work in a supermarket where i work part time at the moment. Whilst i do that and earn some money it will give me more time to think about further education/degrees and then i might do something relevant to what i decide to ultimately study.

Posted Image

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Th3_Crusader
[ Display Name History ]

Th3_Crusader

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • RSN:Th3 Crusader
  • RSN2:T3h Crusader
  • Clan:Skill 'N' Chill
Vet Tech (:
Posted Image

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films

I am a physicist. For Nature, she calls to me. <3: (Well, I'm just a student atm, but that's the plan)

Although I've always been interested in psychology and politics, but I can't see myself working in either field.

Yeah me too. My parents say I should join politics after hearing one of my rants...but if that happened, this country would of been overtaken by my military coup. Politics is just too much talk. Too long.

Personally, my absolute dream job is to become a movie producer. Not just a director, but a producer to have complete ownership of my work. Then of course I'll write and direct. :thumbsup:

I may also go into business, but I'm not sure what I could do. Anyone know btw?

Thirdly would be a history teacher. Like previous posts, I hate teachers that don't care or aren't good at it. And I love history. <3:

Um, lastly if all else fails, I guess I could be a truck driver. Already know quite a bit of the business from my dad; hell, he even suggested me becoming a dispatcher as a part-time job during college. Just sit around giving drivers their loads and getting a percentage of their pay. :razz:
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users