WoL General Discussion

Amundogus2

On the 19th of January '10, the beta of the game War of Legends ("WoL") was launched, marking the first outing of the new "Jagex Publishing" division of the Jagex team, a team dedicated to help other developers make their games more compatible with the browser game model.

This thread, as the title suggests, is the thread used for any general discussion of WoL.

Interview 1

Interview 2

Interview 3

Link to the War of Legends game official website

Some info about War of Legends

WoL is a strategy game set in ancient china, where you can build your own settlements and wage war on other players' settlements. As the name suggest, recruiting Legends is a big part of the game, aswell as the forming of alliances.

The official alliance of Tip.It is "The Golden Horde", which is based on the [Mod edit needed plox] server.

The game also uses micropayments as an alternative to the subscription model of RuneScape and FunOrb. Essentially this meens that you can use real-life money to buy items to use in the game. However, this is by no means necessary to play the game.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhhhh, I have been playing this type of game since I was ten. It looks like Romance of Three Kingdoms, was first developed and published in China too. Considering the fact that most of the games from China are garbage, I have little hope for this. Wait and see I guess.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Ehhhhh, I have been playing this type of game since I was ten. It looks like Romance of Three Kingdoms, was first developed and published in China too. Considering the fact that most of the games from China are garbage, I have little hope for this. Wait and see I guess.

Yea, is gonna be interesting to see how this turns out, its def not your typical Jagex game...

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Guys, apparently there will be servers, and once you register to one, you can't register to another with that account. So let's make a server tip.it official now :)

If that's the case it'll be a really good idea to get an unofficial server :!:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I can't wait to try it out! :D Even though it might not be my type of game, it is exciting to try something new by Jagex.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Lets hope it's not a closed beta :o Seeing as they never said it was, I really don't think it is...

EDIT: Theres no sense in releasing the launch trailer for a closed beta only...

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

http://www.51fswd.com

That's the Chinese version of War of Legends.

Had a look at the guides but not much info that will help. :sad:

I feel like I'm browsing a dating site, with the rl pictures of chinese girls scrolling by on the site -_-

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

"@Wowtalonn As soon as the game goes live we will announce it."

Although I have a feeling its not coming today, and MMG just blurted something out, like he has in the past.

Or the other option is its not ready yet.

Some more info

http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/pc/pc-news/3944-jagex-discuss-war-of-legends-gameplay-details

^according to their forums they were told it would be launched at 4pm GMT...

"@Jaktrix Yes, it is coming out today. We had some unexpected issues which are slowing down it's launch but we are still on for today. Ajd"

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

I was very interested, as it had Ancient Chinese battles...

...then I saw the gameplay pictures. Evony anyone?

Maybe this one will have breasts for adverts too then.

Unfortunately, that's exactly the first thing I thought of when I saw the screenshots of the game. If there's not much in this game over Evony (Jagex did promote that there will be a good storyline), the game won't do very well.

Well, we'll see when it comes out.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

# @dr_korvett From what I have been informed it will be a full launch of the game and site. Ajd

3 minutes ago from CoTweet in reply to dr_korvett

# @Nygu We work in the UK. ATM it's 7.25pm for us. Ajd

3 minutes ago from CoTweet in reply to Nygu

# @Jaktrix Yes, it is coming out today. We had some unexpected issues which are slowing down it's launch but we are still on for today. Ajd

4 minutes ago from CoTweet in reply to Jaktrix

Edit: another one:

# @Nygu Thanks, the developers are busting a lung trying to get it out today. They really don't want to let you guys down. Ajd

2 minutes ago from CoTweet in reply to Nygu

Edit2: its is now also confirmed we can use our existing accounts (duh)

I think it will be released in 2 minutes, on the hour :)

Edit3: aww, I was wrong :(

Anyway, it's going to be full open beta