Strength Bonuses are BACK on TORSO!

KISS

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?15,16,598,60241965,goto,1

Thanks to all that gave constructive feedback regarding the recent changes to the Penance Torso's combat stats.

We've decided to adjust the stats - putting the strength bonus back. This does mean that the other stats need to be reduced back to towards their original states (to balance it with other armour in the game).

The prayer set bonus will remain on the armour.

This is being to released into the game shortly (so will mean the worlds being rebooted).

Hope you still enjoy playing the mini-game and the various other rewards and that this change keeps the torso of value.

Mod Tim

RuneScape Lead Content Developer

Thank you Jagex <3

<3 My Maxed Zerker again.

Defining Rune Pure

kisssigg.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Jagex for once didn't update something and change it back a few hours/days later. They shouldn't 'update' old armour/weapons/things in general that actualy effect the game in the first place.

If they do, they know they can expect rants, aslong as they keep 'listening' to the rants, and change it back/nerf it, people will keep ranting.

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

Let me start by saying that I already owned a torso prior to this update, and that I play Barb Assault ALOT.

I think the new stats were fine, and I really can't believe they're going to put the strength bonus back. It makes me sad. I really liked the idea of decent defensive stats with a nice set bonus. Sure the set bonus doesn't have much use, but it is a static set effect on a set of armour that doesn't degrade or go away when you die, which is rare for minigames when you look at Stealing Creation or Fist of Guthix.

Flyingjj.png

Jagex gives into the little whiny-[wagon] gits that pures are far too much. 70% of the posts posted on their feedback thread were from Rune pures. 60% of those posts were spam. It wasn't even 3 hours after the update...

I don't know what's worse: a company that goes back on an update without seeing how it plays out for a bit, or a company that updates with no sense of player community and doesn't listen to the said community.

And the fact that the word

a

s

s

is censored here pisses me off even more.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

"About time". The update hasn't even been out for a day yet!

I love that the constructive feedback that Jagex based this decision on, was a bunch of whining people who choose to limit themselves within the game to a certain set of armour and weapons. Jagex really have no backbone when it comes to introducing updates, first the PvP Potion extravaganza and now this.

They're pretty pathetic and what little respect I had for them has quickly vanished.

asrhasrh.jpg

Just goes to show whining accomplishes anything...

Sad thing is that's all they changed; we're still left with a ranger hat with a negative range bonus and a fighter hat without any melee attack bonuses.

If only we told pures to whine about them too :rolleyes:

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

This actually bothers me a lot. Jagex once again made a change and gave into mass complaining from RSOF, which they label "feedback".

(call this feedback? "ZOMGZ I LUVD TORSO U TAKE IT AWAY WAHHH").

Anyway, I thought the changes were somewhat beneficial, only thing I didn't agree with was making the helms the same, which hasn't been complained about a lot relative to the torso. The torso had terrible defense bonuses and deserved better, and I really think sacrificing 1 extra damage was fine.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Anyway, I thought the changes were somewhat beneficial, only thing I didn't agree with was making the helms the same, which hasn't been complained about a lot relative to the torso. The torso had terrible defense bonuses and deserved better, and I really think sacrificing 1 extra damage was fine.

The only benefit of the torso was its strength bonus. How does giving the torso the exact same bonuses as a rune plate equal better?

Zerker_jane.png

The only benefit of the torso was its strength bonus. How does giving the torso the exact same bonuses as a rune plate equal better?

Have to agree with him, the ol' fighter torso was alot better than the new one, the new one was just a slightly different looking rune plate with a useless set effect.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

Hmm, apparently I had bad info when writing that post. Changing my opinion then.

My main annoyance isn't the business about specific torso bonuses, but rather how Jagex is manipulated so easily by immature spammers (almost all pures) that make up 90% of the feedback forums. I wish there could be more constructive feedback rather than insults and accusations. Even if the change in the torso was positive for some, it happened within a couple hours without feedback from all player types. Worries me that this will happen in a negative way in future updates.

Also the fact that people are going on saying "about time too!" is kind of sad, it's not like the change monumentally affected anything in that short period.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

, it's not like the change monumentally affected anything in that short period.

Oh but it did, it completely ruined pking for all those pures becuase they couldn't get a chance for an extra +1 damage.

*COUGH*

I saw a rather good post on the forums from suggesting that Jagex recreate the Fighter Torso, but keep the one they changed as a Defender Torso with the boosted stats + prayer restore. This obviously got no look underneath all the screaming twerps.

asrhasrh.jpg

I honestly couldn't care less about the torso but why did they have to remove stats from old armour just to add a stupid new effect. All they basically did was decide "Hey lets go put new armour in the game! But that would take too long to create so lets just change some other armour to save time."

Well Jagex is a company focused on satisfying their customers and to do that, they don't want to offend their customers. There are a lot of obsolete and unbalanced content in the game mostly because of giving what the majority of the players want. For the sake of customer satisfaction, the customers come first before the sake of the product.

I can understand that but they must have had a good reason to tweak the stats on the BA items. They should have stuck with it. They'll never be able to improve Runescape in the way they want if they keep changing their minds on just a few rants. They'll lose the ranters as players but thats good ridance, IMO. They'll always get new players players.

Well Jagex is a company focused on satisfying their customers and to do that, they don't want to offend their customers. There are a lot of obsolete and unbalanced content in the game mostly because of giving what the majority of the players want. For the sake of customer satisfaction, the customers come first before the sake of the product.

I can understand that but they must have had a good reason to tweak the stats on the BA items. They should have stuck with it. They'll never be able to improve Runescape in the way they want if they keep changing their minds on just a few rants. They'll lose the ranters as players but thats good ridance, IMO. They'll always get new players players.

Tweaking is one thing but removing stats is another. I'm not talking about torso I'm talking about all penance armour that had stats removed. I don't see why they found it necessary to remove stats just so they could add something new. If they really wanted to release armour with those benefits they could have made new armour instead of completely changing another set. IMO jagex just got too lazy to make a new set and decided it would be easier to just change an old one.

I enjoy how jagex failed to see how they have messed up some things with this update.

After the update:

FIGHTER Torso had 0 attack bonuses. --Fixed--

RANGER Helmet gives negative range bonus. (Use to give range bonus)

FIGHTER Hat gives 0 attack bonuses. (Use to give slash bonus)

Those are the main bonuses they messed up big time.