Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Strange power

• Please log in to reply
729 replies to this topic

Fresi
[ Display Name History ]

Fresi

X-TET

• Members
  • 2,233 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Fresi
  • Clan:HYT

You know if the bloom/glow graphic update is released, it would be excellent if some weapons/armor/eye? can be enchanted so it can glow. Imagine glowing godswords....killing stuff while looking sexy.

You mean killing stuff with lightsabers?

omg new skill is starwars! ;O
or sailing... and surfing as part of it. sunami+surfing must be good X)
Posted Image
Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

ya11a
[ Display Name History ]

ya11a

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
I think the key to it all is that intriguing phrase, "Acolyte until."
I ran it through my anagramaticon, and I believe I have some very enlightening results to share with you, arranged by increasing order of likelihood.

1. I telly a count
The strange power was unleashed when Mod Mark, exploring the Underworld beta in preparation for the new skill (Shamanics), cast TeleOther Camelot on Count Draynor.

2. I call you tent
As Nomad dies yet once more, an intense wave of wistfulness for the simple abode he will never again see Wells up within him, spilling out with his dying word to shake every Citizen of Gielinor.

3. Into a lye cult
The strange power was but the first of a series of mass initiations into the Coven of Color, run by the witches in Draynor and Rimmington.

4. Icy toll, a tune
This one's got to be it. This refers to the frozen door in the God Wars Dungeon, as well as the new skill: Music. Why else were musicians introduced all over the place? Huh? You'll need a certain degree of musical skill to 'play' open the door, and the bosses within will all have instruments. It'll be like a Battle of the Bands, but for your very life!

Hope I've cut through all the callow speculation with my well-grounded and fact-based prognostication.
You're welcome.
Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

I ran it through my anagramaticon, and I believe I have some very enlightening results to share with you, arranged by increasing order of likelihood.

1. I telly a count
The strange power was unleashed when Mod Mark, exploring the Underworld beta in preparation for the new skill (Shamanics), cast TeleOther Camelot on Count Draynor.

2. I call you tent
As Nomad dies yet once more, an intense wave of wistfulness for the simple abode he will never again see Wells up within him, spilling out with his dying word to shake every Citizen of Gielinor.

3. Into a lye cult
The strange power was but the first of a series of mass initiations into the Coven of Color, run by the witches in Draynor and Rimmington.

4. Icy toll, a tune
This one's got to be it. This refers to the frozen door in the God Wars Dungeon, as well as the new skill: Music. Why else were musicians introduced all over the place? Huh? You'll need a certain degree of musical skill to 'play' open the door, and the bosses within will all have instruments. It'll be like a Battle of the Bands, but for your very life!

Hope I've cut through all the callow speculation with my well-grounded and fact-based prognostication.
You're welcome.

=D>

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy

You know if the bloom/glow graphic update is released, it would be excellent if some weapons/armor/eye? can be enchanted so it can glow. Imagine glowing godswords....killing stuff while looking sexy.

You mean killing stuff with lightsabers?

In movies you can. :P
Also, I dare anyone saying its an earthquake to find and show me a video of someone experiencing an earthquake when the strange power happened.

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
Don't you guys think it's weird that after a massive hint, there's a no update week? I speculate something big..

SanNo1
[ Display Name History ]

SanNo1

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • RSN:SanNo1

Don't you guys think it's weird that after a massive hint, there's a no update week? I speculate something big..

The update was planned for this week, but due to difficulties with the game engine it is postponed to next week.
Posted Image

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

rsp
[ Display Name History ]

rsp

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 156 posts

I was told that it stands for "I can't tell you" :(

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

The update was planned for this week, but due to difficulties with the game engine it is postponed to next week.

They said something didn't work on HD in vista; major graphics update coming; -->> fairy tale 3?

bored321
[ Display Name History ]

bored321

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • RSN:Tera
Well bloom is coming either before or with Fairy tale part 3 since it was showcased at a talk last year, although i'm not sure. I heard that ftp3 was coming in February (before this weeks got moved in to Feb).

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Well technically bloom, particle and skybox are all in-game right now.

They jsut havent utilised them all yet.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

jonni
[ Display Name History ]

jonni

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

They said something didn't work on HD in vista; major graphics update coming; -->> fairy tale 3?

probably vista just sucking

TipIt
[ Display Name History ]

TipIt

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Tip It
  • RSN2:Zzp
  • Clan:Solo Pking for life
It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds ^.^
My Walkthrough and Game Guide
http://forum.tip.it/...ost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

Content
[ Display Name History ]

Content

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • RSN:SKippyL
Damn Vista :(!

I love windows 7 though :)

Cheezy_Power
[ Display Name History ]

Cheezy_Power

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 85 posts
I may be looking too hard, but there has to be a reason why free to play got this as well. Not much points to there being a new skill, so if they update would be for free to play as well, it would have to be something that we don't know about yet. But the way the seers say something new, and how practically every other possibility we know about points to members. really tells me this update is going to be for members. I believe free to play didn't get this event as a way to tell us it's also a free to play update, but as a hint instead. Both "Free to play" and "Fairy Tales Part 3" share the same acronym "FTP". Mind you, the quest has a 3 at the end. Though the bigger part of the quest name "Fairy Tales Part" is shared between both current quest. As I said, I'm probably just looking too hard. But it does explain a few conflicting issues.

Posted Image
High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
I still find it funny how a hint that revealed nearly no new information has made a 34 page topic. We'll just have to wait a week to see what's going to happen. Probably has nothing to do with the Strange Power though, might be a update few weeks later.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
I personally think Jagex will do something totally the opposite to everything suggested. I think they have thrown a curveball. I can image something like 'remember the strange power a few weeks ago? well it was really those darned penguins collecting flowers near Varrock!'
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I may be looking too hard, but there has to be a reason why free to play got this as well. Not much points to there being a new skill, so if they update would be for free to play as well, it would have to be something that we don't know about yet. But the way the seers say something new, and how practically every other possibility we know about points to members. really tells me this update is going to be for members. I believe free to play didn't get this event as a way to tell us it's also a free to play update, but as a hint instead. Both "Free to play" and "Fairy Tales Part 3" share the same acronym "FTP". Mind you, the quest has a 3 at the end. Though the bigger part of the quest name "Fairy Tales Part" is shared between both current quest. As I said, I'm probably just looking too hard. But it does explain a few conflicting issues.

FTP is the nooby new skool reference though.

Decent up standing people and Jagex themselves use F2P and P2P not FTP and PTP

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I personally think Jagex will do something totally the opposite to everything suggested. I think they have thrown a curveball. I can image something like 'remember the strange power a few weeks ago? well it was really those darned penguins collecting flowers near Varrock!'

Something like the DFS or construction?

*Note the two things these have in common are the they were not told to us (well construction was I guess technically, but the DFS came out of nowhere)

Hamtaro
[ Display Name History ]

Hamtaro

Skeleton Shield

• Editorial Panel
  • 1,174 posts
  • RSN:Hamtaro
  • Clan:HamChiP3ace

4. Icy toll, a tune

You're welcome.

The MMO, Ragnarok Online, has a Bard Class. Jagex has told us time and time again that the new skill has never been done before by any other game, which is why they have told us next to nothing about it. Therefore, Music/Bard will NOT be the new skill.

However, if your anagram is correct, all that it probably means is that we will receive a new music track called Icy Tune, probably foreshadowing a new(ish) snowy area (like GWD, as you said).
Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.
Posted Image
"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
Hah.

Oh geez.

After about the twentieth or so page I can't keep reading.

Look, it was just a joke. His choice of words mean NOTHING besides the fact that he took the first anagram on a list after punching his phrase into an anagram generator. He could have easily gone with something else on the list and then you'd be discussing those words instead.

"Acolyte until" is the alphabetical first phrase that will come out of an anagram generator if we're not counting chemical words. Which most common generators will not use.

JUST A JOKE.

I swear you folks could turn a sneeze on a tissue into dragon crossbows or something.

Anyway, I'm leaning more towards the ritual (it kind of looks like the ritual) but anything could happen :P Echo of the future? Current event? Things are getting more chaotic.

I'll be staring at this video to see if anything else was going on.

8f14270694.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users