Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Strange power

• Please log in to reply
729 replies to this topic

1230abcz
[ Display Name History ]

1230abcz

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:1230abcz
  • RSN2:Guido 49

You can only keep someone in suspense for so long before they lose interest.

Except Chuck Norris... Suspense keeps interest in Chuck Norris. Never know when he'll roundhouse kick the [cabbage] out of it... Maybe that's the new update. Roundhouse kicking. Fits in with the strange power because everyone was facing the wilderness when it happened, and everyone knows the wilderness was destroyed because the Runescape Gods were pissing off Chuck Norris, who then proceeded to roundhouse kick them in the face. Now they don't have faces.

I'm a genius.
Posted Image

Grasle
[ Display Name History ]

Grasle

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • Clan:solo dolo

Except Chuck Norris... Suspense keeps interest in Chuck Norris. Never know when he'll roundhouse kick the [cabbage] out of it... Maybe that's the new update. Roundhouse kicking. Fits in with the strange power because everyone was facing the wilderness when it happened, and everyone knows the wilderness was destroyed because the Runescape Gods were pissing off Chuck Norris, who then proceeded to roundhouse kick them in the face. Now they don't have faces.

I'm a genius.

No, stop. Stop now.
Posted Image

1230abcz
[ Display Name History ]

1230abcz

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • RSN:1230abcz
  • RSN2:Guido 49

I'm a genius.

No, stop. Stop now.

You make The Guido sad... :(

OT so I don't get wtfpwned by Mods:

Jagex needs to release this update omfg... At first I thought it was Rune Mysteries, lol, then I was like no wai. Jagex wouldn't tease us that badly, would they...?
Posted Image

Ayisha
[ Display Name History ]

Ayisha

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts
No.... I don't think they would.

While I'm sure I wasn't in game for the event, this has to be following the Dragonkin etc storyline..... remember capturing red mist to pass doorways? Remember the earth-moving events at the end of Temple of Sennisten?

I'm pretty sure Jagex had a lot of the content well into development when they released the first of it last year, just look at how quickly follow-up quests have come in in comparrison to some of the quest series.

Rosanante1
[ Display Name History ]

Rosanante1

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • RSN:Rozanante

Looking at the picture a few pages back that showed where people were people were pointing, it included the the castle with the dragonkin symbol.It might be a small link but i found this while going through some old screenshots, the make the world quake parts what grabbed by eye.Posted Image

looks like it was just a Strykewyrm.

The thing is, as said countless times before, it wasn't an earthquake. Nothing shook, people just floated in the air surrounded by red mist. While it could still be Dragonkin related, the strykeworm theory makes no sense at all.

I beg to differ. My recollection was that the earth shook, there was a rumbling noise and everyone was leveitated into a 'Jump For Joy' like emote with a red mist underneath. Don't misunderstand me, i'm not saying earthquake, but I definately remember the screen shaking. (And it wasn't me farting either :blink: )

I personally think that interest has now waned due to the delay and non-repeat of the event. About as interesting currently as a dragon plate.
Posted Image

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007
All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)
Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Shepherdman7
[ Display Name History ]

Shepherdman7

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 468 posts

I personally think that interest has now waned due to the delay and non-repeat of the event. About as interesting currently as a dragon plate.

Agreed. I think they did it too early, unless they have a follow-up event that's similar. Yesterday's Q&A suggests that they want to do more of these kinds of things.
"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Louisc111
[ Display Name History ]

Louisc111

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 63 posts
Oh I'm going to disagree! I find the whole thing interesting, in fact I hope the Strange Red Mist Phenomenon was just the first of a series of such things each giving a hint as to what will come next. But then I loved that weekend cryptic clue thing, so I suppose that makes me weird! lol

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

x1992x
[ Display Name History ]

x1992x

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
hey anyone heard of the new area where the guards tell you that you can't enter? but they also talks about the strange powers:mellow:
My private chat is always ON.
Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!
6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?
Posted Image

Shovelmeface
[ Display Name History ]

Shovelmeface

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Shovelmeface
  • RSN2:Lolwtfhaxbbq
  • Clan:Lady Heinous

hey anyone heard of the new area where the guards tell you that you can't enter? but they also talks about the strange powers:mellow:

http://forum.tip.it/...8972-new-lands/

In this thread, npc chat logs, orb images of the new area.

Posted Image
99 Attack - Done

x1992x
[ Display Name History ]

x1992x

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

i wrote that reply as my way of getting this tread back in the light, now that there is new content about the strange powers ;) (ps, i read the hole new lands tread , before i posted here )
My private chat is always ON.
Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!
6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users