Strange power

viralaether

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it also not be possible that the volcano near the edge of the wilderness erupted? That would explain the earthquake and it could quite be possible that Zaros caused it as the wilderness was once under his control.

Someone posted s screenshot after visitng the volcano, it seemed normal.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

So, Zaros ignores the edict and directly effects Gielinor in a new quest that leads to a soul alter that harvests the souls of dead adventurers and monsters.

Then, in mid-2010 we get a new class of quest called SUPER-Grandmaster. This quest is named 'When Guthix Awakes' and is one long cutscene of Guthix kicking the crap out of Zaros. Then we walk in and pick up Zaros' armour from the body. We use the helm as a full body shield (it's so big it can hold a person) that has +1000 defence but you can't move or attack.

Could it also not be possible that the volcano near the edge of the wilderness erupted? That would explain the earthquake and it could quite be possible that Zaros caused it as the wilderness was once under his control.

Anyway, it wasn't an earthquake lol..Earthquakes don't lift people off their feet with a red glow

Coandca5.png

99Defence.png99Hitpoints.png99Range.png99Attack.png99Strength.png

Sorry did not see that post and thank you for informing me.

Warsaver.png

Someone get Hippodo in here to finish this argument. <_<

It was never said zaros had and army but no evidence for the other is present either. So with that, when in doubt, go with the more logical choice.

Objection!

During the Ghostly Robes miniquest, we learn that Zaros had a lot of different beings under his control, including all sorts of demons, Mahjarrat, Dragon Riders and many many more.

Haven't done ghost robes quest in years. Jagex needs to give you a journal to recall stuff from quests. All the lore that you've learned under different sections. Like on Zaros, the mahjarrat, the god wars, and other things you learn from quests to remember storylines. Maybe even write in steps to puzzles for helping friends.

This corresponds with enakhras lament, which was 4 years ago.

Just saying...

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Suppose me barely paying attention at all while playing made me miss this :lol: does it happen more than once?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Someone get Hippodo in here to finish this argument. <_<

It was never said zaros had and army but no evidence for the other is present either. So with that, when in doubt, go with the more logical choice.

Objection!

During the Ghostly Robes miniquest, we learn that Zaros had a lot of different beings under his control, including all sorts of demons, Mahjarrat, Dragon Riders and many many more.

Haven't done ghost robes quest in years. Jagex needs to give you a journal to recall stuff from quests. All the lore that you've learned under different sections. Like on Zaros, the mahjarrat, the god wars, and other things you learn from quests to remember storylines. Maybe even write in steps to puzzles for helping friends.

Runescape wikia has a pretty good knowledge base

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

So, Zaros ignores the edict and directly effects Gielinor in a new quest that leads to a soul alter that harvests the souls of dead adventurers and monsters.

Then, in mid-2010 we get a new class of quest called SUPER-Grandmaster. This quest is named 'When Guthix Awakes' and is one long cutscene of Guthix kicking the crap out of Zaros. Then we walk in and pick up Zaros' armour from the body. We use the helm as a full body shield (it's so big it can hold a person) that has +1000 defence but you can't move or attack.

AMG OTM dont post quest [email protected]

I really hope the strange power was a hint to this week's update. I can't see any solid connections between it and the twitter hint, nor between it and any current storylines.

Please note, if Lucien properly manages to secure the Cabbage of Jas, the Guthixian edicts are no longer enforceable as I do believe that's why it may be called the Fist of Guthix.

This is getting me to thinking ... are the edicts of Guthix self-enforcing (like he did some spell and the other gods actually can't enter the world), or did he just make laws and warned the gods that if he caught them he would punish them?

Please note, if Lucien properly manages to secure the Cabbage of Jas, the Guthixian edicts are no longer enforceable as I do believe that's why it may be called the Fist of Guthix.

This is getting me to thinking ... are the edicts of Guthix self-enforcing (like he did some spell and the other gods actually can't enter the world), or did he just make laws and warned the gods that if he caught them he would punish them?

The 2nd one. No god wants to test him because he's more powerful than them.

So did this happen on only P2P worlds? Or are their accounts of F2P worlds too?

If it's a teaser to a future update and the teaser was on F2P worlds too, I hope the update itself is F2P. It would suck to make a teaser on F2P worlds for a P2P update..

Either way, very interesting.

Big_Stingman.png

There are plenty of screenshots showing that we all face North/North-East when the strange power was unleashed, so there could be Mahjarrat connection. (Zaros was Mahjarrat too)

Yeh no. Zaros was a god who basically stole the Mahjarrats allegiance away from Icthlarin. He wasn't one of them.

Yes. Zamorak is the only mahjarrat god. And don't even mention Lucien

Wasn't Saradomin a majharrat too?

22031_s.gif

Guthix's rules don't apply to Zaros. The edicts were enacted at the end(they where the end) of the Godwars. Zaros was banished right before the Godwars and the territory Zaros left was the reason for the wars.

Y_Z.png

There are plenty of screenshots showing that we all face North/North-East when the strange power was unleashed, so there could be Mahjarrat connection. (Zaros was Mahjarrat too)

Yeh no. Zaros was a god who basically stole the Mahjarrats allegiance away from Icthlarin. He wasn't one of them.

Yes. Zamorak is the only mahjarrat god. And don't even mention Lucien

Wasn't Saradomin a majharrat too?

Nope.

Trapt45.png

Okay, let's get some facts straight. Edicts of Guthix is a sworn oath on a few Guthixians to perform a ritual to reawaken Guthix, and completely make a new world, wiping out Gielnor. No one wants to test him because he succeeds even Zaros on the battlefield. The red glow may or may not be a breach of the Edicts, as well as the Chaos altar's statue being broken due to communication with Zaros.

The Edicts applied to those Gods at the end of the God Wars, so Zaros is a bit sketchy.

And uhmmm, yes I made a weird typo, I meant Zammy was a Mahjarrat, no idea why I said Zaros. We do face the ritual site when levetated though, so possible Mahjarrat link.

I think people are reading are reading too much into us "facing the ritual site". I always face south when I log into Runescape but noone reads into that. Perhaps it's just a consequence of the emote being forced onto everyone that they then all face the same direction.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I think people are reading are reading too much into us "facing the ritual site". I always face south when I log into Runescape but noone reads into that. Perhaps it's just a consequence of the emote being forced onto everyone that they then all face the same direction.

We are told that Zaros is going to return this year. I'm not too sure, but we're at around year 164 or something in the 5th age. If the ritual comes once every 500 years, then it'll come in 5 RuneScapian years. We are also told that the stars are aligning (some dialogue with Witchaven villagers I think), which is when the ritual is performed. So with all these clues, we're just hypothesising what might happen.

The Soul Altar hasn't been touched for ages, other altars are glowing, Zaros' last influence caused the Zamorak Statue in the Chaos altar to break. Edicts of Guthix might've been breached, but it wouldn't be because Zaros was a god that came to Gielnor during his great slumber.

Oh and last but not least; We face different directions dependant on location you were at during the time of the Strange Power. So we're not facing a direction, we're facing a location. The ritual site in somewhere North in the wilderness.