WoL Help Topic

Shelby_Polo

Anybody know what the consequences of being beaten by another player are? Do you lose resources or troops, or is it just that the other person gains rep?

And is it better to use archers or swordsmen when you are attacking level 3-5 wildlands?

From what I understand, they can take about 25% of your resources. I've heard they can also enslave you(r city) if your city's morale is low enough, but I have yet to try that myself (still have ~4 hours until I exit newb protection).

As for the archers/swordsmen, I prefer to take advantage of weaknesses (ie use archers against halberdiers, swordsman against archers, etc.), but I have only invaded one lvl 4 wilderness on 0 lvl 5 wildernesses and have heard it's best to just bulk up on archers and try to take everyone down with the free shot at the start.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urgh. That's what I was afraid of. Now there is no stopping high level players from attacking those who have just left new player protection from just steamrolling the new players and taking all their resources, and killing all their troops.

Yeah, I just found out about the free shot archers get, and I reckon I'll just use that strategy as well.

2Xeo5.png

As for the archers/swordsmen, I prefer to take advantage of weaknesses (ie use archers against halberdiers, swordsman against archers, etc.), but I have only invaded one lvl 4 wilderness on 0 lvl 5 wildernesses and have heard it's best to just bulk up on archers and try to take everyone down with the free shot at the start.

Having a lot of archers is great for the first round, but they have low defence and you will lose a lot of them if you are fighting a wildland with multiple legends, especially if the first one doesn't have a lot and others have a lot of chariots/swordsmen. I'd recommend invading with at least 2 legends. 1 with archers and one with swordsmen/chariotsm so you'll be able to take out a lot on the first hit and finish the remaining legends with your melee troops. Remember to spy first so you can adjust your tactics. ;)

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

From what I understand, they can take about 25% of your resources. I've heard they can also enslave you(r city) if your city's morale is low enough, but I have yet to try that myself (still have ~4 hours until I exit newb protection).

It depends on which soldiers they attack you with and how many, as to how much they steal.

EX1

A village is attacked with 1000 halberdiers, each with a load of 120, assuming there are no defences in the target village and no warehouses then the attackers will take all of your resources in an equal amount* until either one thing happens:

a ) the village runs out of that resource

b ) the attackers fill their 120000 resource quota (1000*120)

*This isn't exact, some village seem to have a 3:3:1:1 ratio between resources, but I can't figure out why yet.

EX2

A village is attacked with 300 swordsmen, these have a load of 30, now in this village there are still no defences but it contains a warehouse, which can hold 40000 total resources - split evenly. Now, this player was on recently and had spent most of their resources on their village, and were left with say: 12536, 9001, 1337 and 24567 of each respectively. In this raid you will take 2536 food and 6464 Copper as both Wood and Stone are protected by the warehouse and once aformentioned food is stolen it too is protected.

(The game essentially subtracts warehouse protection from the 'stealable resources' variable and then uses this to calculate loot)

Obviously if the village has troops then your troops left after battle will determine load.

If you need any of it explained better you can ask.

Also, whenever I'm in battle with my archers and swordsmen, why does the second legend not switch in when I select it in the first turn? The archers will fire their free shot, it will go to turn 2, then fire again, turn 3, then switch. Resulting in a loss of hundreds of archers - is anyone else experiencing it or only me?

1yrb49.jpg

It depends on which soldiers they attack you with and how many, as to how much they steal.

EX1

A village is attacked with 1000 halberdiers, each with a load of 120, assuming there are no defences in the target village and no warehouses then the attackers will take all of your resources in an equal amount* until either one thing happens:

a ) the village runs out of that resource

b ) the attackers fill their 120000 resource quota (1000*120)

*This isn't exact, some village seem to have a 3:3:1:1 ratio between resources, but I can't figure out why yet.

EX2

A village is attacked with 300 swordsmen, these have a load of 30, now in this village there are still no defences but it contains a warehouse, which can hold 40000 total resources - split evenly. Now, this player was on recently and had spent most of their resources on their village, and were left with say: 12536, 9001, 1337 and 24567 of each respectively. In this raid you will take 2536 food and 6464 Copper as both Wood and Stone are protected by the warehouse and once aformentioned food is stolen it too is protected.

(The game essentially subtracts warehouse protection from the 'stealable resources' variable and then uses this to calculate loot)

Obviously if the village has troops then your troops left after battle will determine load.

If you need any of it explained better you can ask.

Also, whenever I'm in battle with my archers and swordsmen, why does the second legend not switch in when I select it in the first turn? The archers will fire their free shot, it will go to turn 2, then fire again, turn 3, then switch. Resulting in a loss of hundreds of archers - is anyone else experiencing it or only me?

Yeah, I say it's a bug

f203f1850c.png

It's because you can only switch legends when one of your opponents legends is defeated, not while fighting the same legend. So the only way to avoid the loss of archers is to make sure you can take out the first legend in one hit, so you can switch after the first turn.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Right, for attacking Wildland(s) without any losses to your troop, you need to use Archers they are the best:

Archers vs Hally's 2:1 ratio

Archers vs Swords 4:1 ratio

Archers vs Chariot's 14:1 ration (100 Chariots need 1400 Archers to one hit)

These ratio's can be less depending on the Crg lvl of your Legend & Army Attack Skill lvl. e.g my Archer vs Chariot ratio is 12:1

Never invade a wildland with Archers, as you will incur losses. Remember to make sure you have enough Archers to defeat each on the army's in the wildland with one blow using the above ratio & you'll be able to defeat as many legends as they have with one Legend & never losing a unit, for this you will need a Legend that can hold a lot of Archers. It's the best and way to play the game.

Also take note that when you spy on a wildland (& you should always spy on them) under the Garrison information that is the order the enemy will appear in battle.

As for being invaded/conquested you don't loss troops unless you have them set to ride out or your wall fails (which takes a fair amount) but you do loss resources that are not protected via warehouse.. so build these up to put people off attacking, if they spy & see nothing, there is a lot less reason to attack, also Hally's & Swords make for good defensive units, but Chariots would be the No1 when yo can build them. They are strong vs everything even Hally's. & once you can get them you'd only need them as defence.

If you can get 2K Hally's & 1k Swords that would be a nice defensive start, also set them to ride out of the city so that the attacker will at least loss troops & you'll have made him think twice about a 2nd attack, remember if you are being attacked try to use up most of your resources so they gain less, message them & make role-playing style threats like you'll destroy them or even talk to them nicely use PM to contact them, if you have friends at a distance get them to send troops to attack the player, they can always pull out before the troops reach sometime the threat scares the attacker into withdrawing.

If you've got 2 Garrisons like you should have, remember to build swords in one & Hally's in the other to speed up recruitment!

How do you pull your troops out of a wild land?

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Probably a really simple question but how do I raise the loyalty of my legends?

I read something about giving them gold and treasures, how exactly does that work?

When you load up a Legend you know how you have all those little Yellow buttons next to everything & normally you'd click it & use cash shop items.. (like how you use the Boons) well click the one next to the loyalty box & look at all your options :)

Probably a really simple question but how do I raise the loyalty of my legends?

I read something about giving them gold and treasures, how exactly does that work?

When you load up a Legend you know hoe you have all those little Yellow buttons next to everything & normally you'd click it & use cash shop items.. (like how you use the Boons) well click the one next to the loyalty box & look at all your options :)

Oh thanks! Totally forgot about trying that; paying a bit of gold is a great deal too. :)

Does anyone know what the 'Charity' and 'crimes' sections in the ruler menu are used for? mine are just sitting there empty.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

For some reason my "army" ( I don't have one) is using up 3k stone...why is this, and how can I fix it?

It is the upkeep for your ramparts, destroy them to lower that :lol:

Hmm well that explains it...WHAT THE [bleep] THOUGH 3k STONE?? :(

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

For some reason my "army" ( I don't have one) is using up 3k stone...why is this, and how can I fix it?

It is the upkeep for your ramparts, destroy them to lower that :lol:

Hmm well that explains it...WHAT THE [bleep] THOUGH 3k STONE?? :(

Higher level ramparts = more stone used.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

This isn't a question, but I have a little tip for everybody since I'm quitting.

The best way to organize your legends is to name them after the units that they are carrying or what function you use that particular legend for.

For example:

-Governor

-Marauder (used for stealing resources from a particular city; try to max them out with halberdiers since they carry more loot)

-Archer (carries Archer units)

-Sword (carries swordmen)

-Chariot (charioteers)

If you organize yourself like this, it's easier to invade cities and know what units you sent.

You can rename your legends by clicking on the legends tab. You can name them anything that you want and even have duplicate names.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

This isn't a question, but I have a little tip for everybody since I'm quitting.

The best way to organize your legends is to name them after the units that they are carrying or what function you use that particular legend for.

For example:

-Governor

-Marauder (used for stealing resources from a particular city; try to max them out with halberdiers since they carry more loot)

-Archer (carries Archer units)

-Sword (carries swordmen)

-Chariot (charioteers)

If you organize yourself like this, it's easier to invade cities and know what units you sent.

You can rename your legends by clicking on the legends tab. You can name them anything that you want and even have duplicate names.

Na. I prefer nifty names like, "Penis" "Hermaphrodite" and "Va JJ".

Stellactic.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Got lvl 20 palace today. I got 5 spaces for resources to be used. Should i make more cropland or do something else. Please suggest!

Here is pic of my outskirt.

woloutskirt.png

Food is important for all troops, and is hurt by how many troops you have.

Wood is VERY useful for making archers, and for building most buildings.

Stone is used for palace and ramparts, but then is useless. I'd give you some for free if you need.

Copper is big for making chariots. However right now it's pretty easy to buy on market, and you already seem to have a lot of it.

I'd say 2 food, 2 wood, and 1 copper, but that's just me.

andrewgg.png

goldenhorde.png

WOL Name: Sancren, Royal Garden

Sanmyth, King's Destiny

Send me a friend invite!