Sign in to follow this  
Kasalisk

Graphics Card or What?

I'm not a huge computer gamer, other than RuneScape and Left 4 Dead I play on a Ps3, so my computer isn't exactly that great. Recently I've been playing Survival mode on Left 4 Dead and noticed that it was going so slow that ingame time was about half of actual time (ex: takes 4 minutes to play 2 minutes of survival) I have the game on its lowest settings and this still happens! So whats wrong with my computer? Or is it just my online connection? My pc specs are:

System:

Microsoft Windows Xp Professional (5.1, Build 2600) made by Gateway

Processor is Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)

894MB RAM

Graphics Card:

ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series

Thanks for any help!

Kasalisk.png

I've never heard of a Intel Pentium being a dual core.

I thought all intels duals are under Intel Core 2 Duo branding.

That aside it'd be your RAM probably 894mb? thats not even 1gb. Pretty much everything these days needs 1 - 2 gb

That or you're graphics card, it shuldnt cause problems but is the drivers up to date? and if so its possible its jsut not powerful enough to render graphics at speed.

Aside from that do full virus/spyware scan they can sometimes slow you down.

Make sure you hard drive is cleaned up and you're registry (one of the most straightforward and efficient ways to do this for the non tech savvy is downlaod ccleaner from piriform. Its free and does the job)

Also make sure you've defragged, fragmentation can kill computer power. I personally like piriforms defraggler for this, but many other good free ones are out there such as Auslogics one. Even windows on isn't too bad, but its not brilliant either.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

GPU is crap.

And you'd want about 2gb ram.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I've never heard of a Intel Pentium being a dual core.
Intel has released several dual-core processors apart from the C2D lineup. The 2.66 Pentium D is the lowest clocked in its series, but it still is a dual-core chip.

hopesolopatriot.jpg