Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

This thread is for all Battlefield Discussion.

Latest News

Battlefield 4 confirmed for fall 2013 release.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/battlefield-4-confirmed-for-fall-2013-6406022

Battlefield 4 - Fishing in Baku single player footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HVQXkeU8U

Multiplayer Footage

End Game Launch Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo0O-DCQJeo

Aftermath Launch Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVlnPYsmwCk

BF3 Premium Edition Trailer (armored kill and aftermath footage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlO4Y8LpUM4

Armored Kill Release Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB8lWvpp4ww

Close Quarters Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijcTSkPCBdU

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I actually pre-ordered this yesterday. Pirating MW2 made me realize how much I want to play a good PC FPS in that sort of setting (TF2 is awesome, but is getting old).

So yeah really looking forward to it. A heads up to but the beta for PC starts on Jan 28th if you pre-order it over steam. :thumbup:

I only have access to playing it on the xbox 360, so I will miss out on all of the PC only features. :angry:

Either version will be awesome though. :thumbup: DICE know's how to make great games.

I only have access to playing it on the xbox 360, so I will miss out on all of the PC only features. :angry:

Either version will be awesome though. :thumbup: DICE know's how to make great games.

Aside from dedicated servers what are the other PC-only features, you know?

It's sad that we have to use the idea of dedicated servers as a marketing tool now though, lol. Still happy to have them though.

It's sad that we have to use the idea of dedicated servers as a marketing tool now though, lol. Still happy to have them though.

Dedicated servers are a big feature though. I love being able to pick my own server to play on. Especially if I'm feeling like playing with specific rules (like knife fights) or on a specific map. The PC version has been given specific attention to provide the best experience. I also thought that the PC version would support 64 players, but after looking into it, it turns out that it only supports 32 players.

Wow i just check one of those trailers, the game looks amazing. Are there any gameplay videos around? I found one and it reminded me of Killzone 2 online but modern day setting, which I like. I'm a big fan of DICE but I'm a little iffy about buying a console version and being a Mac user I can't play PC games anymore.

tFtfA.jpg

If we get more maps as the game goes on, I'll be happy. Rather not just play the same maps over and over again, wanting a variety and all.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Dedicated servers are a big feature though. I love being able to pick my own server to play on. Especially if I'm feeling like playing with specific rules (like knife fights) or on a specific map. The PC version has been given specific attention to provide the best experience. I also thought that the PC version would support 64 players, but after looking into it, it turns out that it only supports 32 players.

Oh no I agree, dedicated servers are great. It's just that they've been a staple for over 10 years now so it's funny to see it being used as such a "plus". (due to MW2 craping up PC)

the point is though, they shouldn't have to be a feature. They were around in 1996, providing lag free and customizable gameplay, for a good 13 years before infinity ward decided to shake things up a bit.

Tk5SF.png

The PC beta is in like two days, which is going to be AWESOME.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

I'm sure they will put a demo on the PS3 and 360 before the release of the game. I'm unsure of any upcoming beta's, besides the PC beta.

I shall be asking this for my birthday as it comes out on my birthday.

Looks great, I loved to play Bad Company at my friends house. Great times back then.

Can't wait.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

The PC beta is in like two days, which is going to be AWESOME.

Yeah between it, ME2 and Silent Hill: Shatered memories (gamefly'd the last one) I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Loved the first Bad Company, i'll definately be getting this.

Hopefully there'll be more game modes than capture the area (or whatever it's called) and gold rush.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Hopefully there'll be more game modes than capture the area (or whatever it's called) and gold rush.

the new game mode call squad deathmatch or something is what I'm really excited about.

4 way battles between smaller squads. First squad to 50 kills win.

Tk5SF.png

the new game mode call squad deathmatch or something is what I'm really excited about.

4 way battles between smaller squads. First squad to 50 kills win.

Yeah, only issue is finding a competent group that will stick together.