Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

Yea, it just seems whenever I'm sniping, and a guy with an assault rifle comes up, I can't even seem to get one hit on him with my pistol before I'm dead. Also, a health meter would be nice :???: And no having to zoom out to pull back the bolt when sniping... so annoying...

Eh if the assault guy is worth his salt he shouldn't get dropped to you using a pistol. However I know the 1911 is pretty damn solid, I've been dropped by that a few times.

No health meter? Not sure if it's needed, although an option wouldn't hurt.

Sniper rifle deal: Well I do that in PC shooters anyways, it just makes sense.

It sounds like the 360 demo has a different map than the PC does. For us we are doing a rush gametype on "port varez" which is some snow covered map. There is a helicopter on that one.

Yea, it just seems whenever I'm sniping, and a guy with an assault rifle comes up, I can't even seem to get one hit on him with my pistol before I'm dead. Also, a health meter would be nice :???: And no having to zoom out to pull back the bolt when sniping... so annoying...

Eh if the assault guy is worth his salt he shouldn't get dropped to you using a pistol. However I know the 1911 is pretty damn solid, I've been dropped by that a few times.

No health meter? Not sure if it's needed, although an option wouldn't hurt.

Sniper rifle deal: Well I do that in PC shooters anyways, it just makes sense.

It sounds like the 360 demo has a different map than the PC does. For us we are doing a rush gametype on "port varez" which is some snow covered map. There is a helicopter on that one.

Yea we have that one too, it's in Alaska or something isn't it? I thought I saw a helicopter during a game, but I didn't think it was player controlled. And you have to pull the left trigger to zoom in, wait to get a shot in, shoot, let go of the left trigger to pull back the bolt, zoom in, try and find the guy again, shoot, and hopefully kill. It's kind of lame that it takes two shots, but whatever I guess. It isn't that hard to get a headshot, just aim below the marker. Anyway, going to bed now :grin: cya.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Air combat could get pretty intense during bad company 1. I remember trying to outfly pilots while dodging AA guns. I hope they have fine tuned the helicopters to make them a bit easier to control. Sometimes your helicopter would start spinning all over the place at the slightest nudge.

To Mazemeout

I also had strict parents. It wasn't until I turned 17 until I was able to purchase any M game I wanted. They only started to let me buy M games at 16, and only with their approval.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Well, to be fair, you do need to work with your teammates. You cannot go Rambo and expect to do well.

Anyone who's played on Port Valdez knows about the infamous sniper rock, where like 2-4 snipers sit at picking off targets at the first set of points. I find the Q button to be useful since it spots enemies and puts an arrow above the enemy's head. You get a nice spotter bonus if they kill them for you.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Well, I tried out the helicopter, and it is fun, while a little hard to control on the 360. Also, DUMB PEOPLE SHOULDN'T FLY HELICOPTERS. I got in with a guy not in my squad, we lift off 10 feet, start going backwards and looking up, crash, right into the river/ocean. I have had a few close counters myself, but the first time I got in, I looked at the on-screen controls and figured it all out myself, not just smash buttons and see what happens -.-.

It seems I'm the only person on my team that marks enemies. I've seen a few other people do it, but I can't figure out why snipers don't mark them! It's so useful for killing enemy snipers, just aim below the arrow...

Does anyone else think the recon class is better at killing vehicles than the engineers? I've killed 5 heavy tanks with just c4, and only 1 or 2 with engineers.

It seems like every match I play something crazy and awesome is going on, god this game is great.

Yeah no kidding. Last round I ended up killing someone as they drove by with an ATV, strapped some C4 onto it, and made a suicide run into the enemy's spawn to take out a UAV and a few nearby enemies. Yippie kay yay mother****er :D

Oh, my beta name is Ultima, add it if you want to play together.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

EPICNESS AWAITS US MY FRIENDS!

Sorry for the advertisement :oops:. Mods/anyone put this in hide tags if needed, this "new" posting method is weird.

Also, more videos can be found here at IGN.

That looks awesome!

Here's another video.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

Think i'll download the demo today. Had enough of Cod:Mw2 so this fits the bill perfectly.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I downloaded the demo yesterday, and as I thought, it sucks just as much as the first one. :wall:

If you came into this game expecting to run and gun, you're horribly mistaken. This game is a tactical shooter in and of itself, and you need to stick with your squad. Although I do ask regardless, what did you not like about it exactly?

I downloaded the demo yesterday, and as I thought, it sucks just as much as the first one. :wall:

If you came into this game expecting to run and gun, you're horribly mistaken. This game is a tactical shooter in and of itself, and you need to stick with your squad. Although I do ask regardless, what did you not like about it exactly?

I felt this game was like halo, whoever sees the other guy first wins without any skill involved. Also it just doesn't seem so smooth and clean as COD. The sniping sucked and I found the vehicles stupid.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Been having fun with this game, watching people crash helicopters and all. It's actually pretty fun to drive tanks :grin: silly people who get too close and go around to the back think I can't kill them :twisted: *squish* (Guy on an atv rode past me, got off, and shot a 40mm at my rear. It didn't do much, and I just ran him over) I'm definitely getting this game when it comes out.

On another note, since this is a Battlefield thread, does anyone know if people still play Battlefield 2142? I've had it for a while, but haven't had internet on this computer for a year, so couldn't play it. If anyone does know, could you post?

does this use the same ranking system as Modern Warfare where the more you play, the more advantage you have other people? i always hated unbalanced games like that

I felt this game was like halo, whoever sees the other guy first wins without any skill involved.

i'm guessing you never played any ranked games?

does this use the same ranking system as Modern Warfare where the more you play, the more advantage you have other people? i always hated unbalanced games like that

I felt this game was like halo, whoever sees the other guy first wins without any skill involved.

What do you mean? I played the demo... :mellow:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

There are unlockable weapons and perks, but overall they are incredibly well balanced, and you won't feel underpowered when you begin.

Tk5SF.png

I felt this game was like halo, whoever sees the other guy first wins without any skill involved. Also it just doesn't seem so smooth and clean as COD. The sniping sucked and I found the vehicles stupid.

Says the person who plays MW2? All I had to do in that game was run around with Akimbo G18 and hold down both mouse buttons to win. People take much more damage and die much faster in MW2 than they do in BC2. It does make headshots more important in BC2.

Sorry but talking about skill in an FPS when you play MW2 is ridiculous.

There are unlockable weapons and perks, but overall they are incredibly well balanced, and you won't feel underpowered when you begin.

Yeah they are balanced from what I've seen so far. Nothing as ridiculous as people being able to unlock all the stupid stuff in MW2 that gives you a large advantage. All the weapons really just have different trade offs. Like, if you're looking at assault, the first weapon has high damage, low rate of fire and medium accuracy. The second gun is kind of middle in all 3 and the 3rd one has good damage, a good rate of fire but is really inaccurate.

Atleast DICE didn't make the mistake of not including the Conquest game mode on the disc. The last version had to have the CQ mode downloaded for free from XBL.

Downloaded the demo, definately be getting this when it comes out. It's a nice change from COD.

Been sniping the most probably, unlocked the 2nd sniper rifle but the first is better. Forgot how fun it is blowing a hole in the side of a building instead of using the doors. Kinda annoying when i have a good sniping spot, overlooking one of the objects then someone rolls up in the T-80 and blows my half of the building away haha.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Been having fun with this game, watching people crash helicopters and all. It's actually pretty fun to drive tanks :grin: silly people who get too close and go around to the back think I can't kill them :twisted: *squish* (Guy on an atv rode past me, got off, and shot a 40mm at my rear. It didn't do much, and I just ran him over) I'm definitely getting this game when it comes out.

On another note, since this is a Battlefield thread, does anyone know if people still play Battlefield 2142? I've had it for a while, but haven't had internet on this computer for a year, so couldn't play it. If anyone does know, could you post?

Yeah, people still play Battlefield 2142. There are usually around 80 or so populated servers.

What do you mean? I played the demo... :mellow:

For 14 mins and got 1kill, not really enough time to pass judgement.