Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battlefield Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
2974 replies to this topic

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Apparantly a demo is available for the Xbox 360 version as well now. I can't download it though, as I'm not 18 yet. :(

That really grinds my gears when this happens.

However I cannot change my settings since cant remember the password I put on the family settings.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RSN '07:Shruiken
Family settings don't work either. I have everything allowed. It goes by your windows live account age. They restrict M and NR downloads until you are 18.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

Family settings don't work either. I have everything allowed. It goes by your windows live account age. They restrict M and NR downloads until you are 18.

Ahh I see, I always thought it was the family settings.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • RSN:Sarg1010
  • RSN2:Teh Sarg
Does it check your age AFTER you download it? Because I am right now on my Xbox, and it's downloading like normal, (along with the LE Ezio outfit :mrgreen: ), sounds like this is going to be fun. :thumbsup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Maze
[ Display Name History ]

Maze

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
Is this going to be T or M? If it's M, I can't get it because my parents like to restrict me and be overprotective. :roll:

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
It is rated M. For violence, blood, and language I think.

Maze
[ Display Name History ]

Maze

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,661 posts

It is rated M. For violence, blood, and language I think.

Sad face. My parents need to be less restrictive.

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
The multiplayer demo is is pretty cool. If we could get a few more maps, that would be epic. It also kind of sucks that you can upgrade each class only once, then you can't. I <3: playing as recon, just camping in a bush and spot enemies and mark them for my allies to pick off, getting free "spot assist" xp :thumbsup:. The squad system also rocks, especially when you work together. I think the only down side is what was said above, and the amount of shots it takes to kill someone. Also, the knife kills are EPIC. Stab to the neck please!? WAY better than CoD knifing, and the ghilly suits look pretty cool, instead of a walking bush in the middle of a city. I think the vehicles are pretty lame too, but seeing as (as far as I know), you can only drive a medium and heavy tank, and an atv, the air and water vehicles might be pretty fun. Good game overall. And my friends can't play because of that age setting, does anyone know a way to get around it?

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
See I really prefer the fact that people don't die in a split second like MW2. The shooting just feels really solid.

Also this game really shines when working as a squad. Played earlier with 2 of my friends in a squad, it's great.

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
Yea, it just seems whenever I'm sniping, and a guy with an assault rifle comes up, I can't even seem to get one hit on him with my pistol before I'm dead. Also, a health meter would be nice :???: And no having to zoom out to pull back the bolt when sniping... so annoying...

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

Yea, it just seems whenever I'm sniping, and a guy with an assault rifle comes up, I can't even seem to get one hit on him with my pistol before I'm dead. Also, a health meter would be nice :???: And no having to zoom out to pull back the bolt when sniping... so annoying...

Eh if the assault guy is worth his salt he shouldn't get dropped to you using a pistol. However I know the 1911 is pretty damn solid, I've been dropped by that a few times.

No health meter? Not sure if it's needed, although an option wouldn't hurt.

Sniper rifle deal: Well I do that in PC shooters anyways, it just makes sense.

It sounds like the 360 demo has a different map than the PC does. For us we are doing a rush gametype on "port varez" which is some snow covered map. There is a helicopter on that one.

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts

Eh if the assault guy is worth his salt he shouldn't get dropped to you using a pistol. However I know the 1911 is pretty damn solid, I've been dropped by that a few times.

No health meter? Not sure if it's needed, although an option wouldn't hurt.

Sniper rifle deal: Well I do that in PC shooters anyways, it just makes sense.

It sounds like the 360 demo has a different map than the PC does. For us we are doing a rush gametype on "port varez" which is some snow covered map. There is a helicopter on that one.

Yea we have that one too, it's in Alaska or something isn't it? I thought I saw a helicopter during a game, but I didn't think it was player controlled. And you have to pull the left trigger to zoom in, wait to get a shot in, shoot, let go of the left trigger to pull back the bolt, zoom in, try and find the guy again, shoot, and hopefully kill. It's kind of lame that it takes two shots, but whatever I guess. It isn't that hard to get a headshot, just aim below the marker. Anyway, going to bed now :grin: cya.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
Air combat could get pretty intense during bad company 1. I remember trying to outfly pilots while dodging AA guns. I hope they have fine tuned the helicopters to make them a bit easier to control. Sometimes your helicopter would start spinning all over the place at the slightest nudge.

To Mazemeout

I also had strict parents. It wasn't until I turned 17 until I was able to purchase any M game I wanted. They only started to let me buy M games at 16, and only with their approval.

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Well, to be fair, you do need to work with your teammates. You cannot go Rambo and expect to do well.

Anyone who's played on Port Valdez knows about the infamous sniper rock, where like 2-4 snipers sit at picking off targets at the first set of points. I find the Q button to be useful since it spots enemies and puts an arrow above the enemy's head. You get a nice spotter bonus if they kill them for you.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
Well, I tried out the helicopter, and it is fun, while a little hard to control on the 360. Also, DUMB PEOPLE SHOULDN'T FLY HELICOPTERS. I got in with a guy not in my squad, we lift off 10 feet, start going backwards and looking up, crash, right into the river/ocean. I have had a few close counters myself, but the first time I got in, I looked at the on-screen controls and figured it all out myself, not just smash buttons and see what happens -.-.

It seems I'm the only person on my team that marks enemies. I've seen a few other people do it, but I can't figure out why snipers don't mark them! It's so useful for killing enemy snipers, just aim below the arrow...

Does anyone else think the recon class is better at killing vehicles than the engineers? I've killed 5 heavy tanks with just c4, and only 1 or 2 with engineers.

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
It seems like every match I play something crazy and awesome is going on, god this game is great.

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts

It seems like every match I play something crazy and awesome is going on, god this game is great.

Yeah no kidding. Last round I ended up killing someone as they drove by with an ATV, strapped some C4 onto it, and made a suicide run into the enemy's spawn to take out a UAV and a few nearby enemies. Yippie kay yay mother****er :D

Oh, my beta name is Ultima, add it if you want to play together.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Amaranth_GTO
[ Display Name History ]

Amaranth_GTO

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • RSN:Amaranth GTO
Cannot wait for this game <3: Been waiting for it since it was announced.
I downloaded the demo on xbox360 yesterday, looks like the game will be good
Posted Image

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

EPICNESS AWAITS US MY FRIENDS!

Sorry for the advertisement :oops:. Mods/anyone put this in hide tags if needed, this "new" posting method is weird.

Also, more videos can be found here at IGN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users