PoorLepRecon

Battlefield Discussion Thread

K, if you snipe on the overpass on Tehran Highway, just go ahead and break your disc.

Seriously.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

K, if you snipe on the overpass on Tehran Highway, just go ahead and break your disc.

Seriously.

Nothing a speeding MAV to the face won't fix, followed by EMP'ing his spawn beacon.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Seriously.

Nothing a speeding MAV to the face won't fix, followed by EMP'ing his spawn beacon.

I got a squad elimination bonus for doing exactly this a few days ago. Hate when people go up there, but it's so easy to ruin their day with a MAV

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR-MLE-A3d0

As well as his voice being incredibly awesome (no homo) there's some pretty good clips in this. Some are quite good...but the number 1 is amazing. :blink:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

#1 and #2 were pretty awesome. Really ingenious idea collapsing those buildings in the hallway. I tried that trick today and got a few kills with it.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

26 kill spree with the MAV in Tehran highway lol

If that large-scale armor map comes to consoles, they had better up the player count. And if they (stupidly) decide to include jets, please please PLEASE take out the main gun, or make it weaker towards armor. It's not fair at all that jets can just fly out, then slowly creep their way toward a tank and unload almost non-stop on it and destroy it in seconds, while a tank has a fraction of a chance to manage to HIT a jet, and even then it's not a confirmed kill (which is also very stupid...)

Other wise it looks neat.

That tank map sounds insane. can't wait!

Last match I went 13-0 in Team Death Match by sniping on top of a low building with enemies flanking me from literally all four directions. Slowly but surely gettin better. :shades:

EDIT: Oh, and I want to give an overall thumbs up to the developers for making such an unpredictable competitive experience, but at the same time isn't nearly as luck-based as Call of Duty. They could've done a lot better with the bugs though... especially given the fact that they charge you extra to play online. Nonetheless, still the best FPS I've played to date.

I'm getting back into BF3 I think. Running around as engineer is great fun-the SG553 is awesome, and using the 870MCS is great fun on Metro.

I may have heard wrong, but have they updated the destruction physics recently? I've been shooting walls with a helicopter minigun and it rips them apart. :blink:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

wow i have found a new love. engineer on bazaar

stand at one end of the b flag hallway, when you see people running down it and hiding in all the rooms, rpg the balconys.

free easy kills. also plenty of rage messages

Ranqecaravan.png

wow i have found a new love. engineer on bazaar

stand at one end of the b flag hallway, when you see people running down it and hiding in all the rooms, rpg the balconys.

free easy kills. also plenty of rage messages

Do you do it on Rush or Conquest? I find it hard to do on conquest personally.

-Random Youtuber

i found it easyer on conquest as the enemy are always spawning on it if they hold it, and its always getting fought over

have done it on rush, but not as much

Ranqecaravan.png

Works on seine too. A alley and back of B come to mind.

some confirmed weapons

[hide]MTAR-21

SPAS-12

ACW-R

LSAT

L86A1 LSW

AUG

SCAR-L[/hide]

also, anyone think new assignments will need the previous 2 done before we can unlock the weapons.

i only have 1 assignment done as i dont like any of the other weapons, i dont want to have to do all of them just to unlock a gun i want

Ranqecaravan.png

RPK extended mag has 200/200 with the new patch rofl

what is this horseshit

-all weapons and attachments feel different now, get ready to adjust.

-tank vs. tank battles are 2 shot disables. Guided shell+regular shell deals 60%+ damage.

-guided missiles from jets do 41% damage. Smoke can now disorient locked-on missiles from jets.

-repairs are very slow now. Two or more guys can easily take out a tank+repairman. You will need to run three-man crews if enemy engineers/vehicles come after you. Probably even more?

-havoc reportedly handles different now, for the better

-minimap icons look sharper

This game handles differently now and i can't say that i like it.

-tank vs. tank battles are 2 shot disables. Guided shell/regular shell deals 60%+ damage.

-guided missiles from jets do 41% damage. Smoke can now disorient locked on missiles from jets.

-repairs are very slow now. Two or more guys can easily take out a tank/repairman. You will need to run three-man crews if enemy engineers/vehicles come after you. Probably even more?

Wait, what is this for? Is this an update?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

-tank vs. tank battles are 2 shot disables. Guided shell/regular shell deals 60%+ damage.

-guided missiles from jets do 41% damage. Smoke can now disorient locked on missiles from jets.

-repairs are very slow now. Two or more guys can easily take out a tank/repairman. You will need to run three-man crews if enemy engineers/vehicles come after you. Probably even more?

the is "the patch" everybody has been waiting for around 2 months now.

would honestly rather play without the patch by the looks of it.

why would they completely neuter the suppressor-foregrip combo anyway.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

the is "the patch" everybody has been waiting for around 2 months now.

would honestly rather play without the patch by the looks of it.

why would they completely neuter the suppressor-foregrip combo anyway.

All of my guns are crap now [i was a huge fan of foregrip/silencer] and they took away my extended mag MG36. I'm not thrilled, but I'll get used to it again. I guess.

The Rifle Scope (8x) looks different now. I don't like that either.

Oh, and fall damage puts you at like 22% instead of 77% now. Not to mention parachuting is now actually difficult.

whatever.

i play on pc so i didn't get it yet but from what i've seen it's terrible.

making the flash suppressor/heavy barrel viable options does not mean ruin the other 2 that were always being used.

granted, the flash and heavy go in the same slot but still, ruining 2 attachments to make people use the other 2 is ridiculous honestly.

the one good thing however is the famas nerf, i [bleep]ing hate dying to that gun

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Have they fixed hardcore servers on xbox yet? And from the sounds of it, they royally screwed up tanks... my favorite part of this game. :unsure:

It also seems they messed up AA missiles and flares... man what are they doing to this game?!

-Reduced the locking time for AA Missiles for Jets to make them more viable against air targets.

-Flares will no longer break the lock of a vehicle that is locked on, it will only distract the missiles.

-Flares now more reliably distract missiles, especially for Helicopters.

-Flares for Jets and Choppers now reload at 11 seconds again, except for the gunner, which remains unchanged at 20sec.

-AA Missiles are more difficult to dodge in Jets, this was unintended behavior that created an imbalance against skilled pilots.

-AA Missiles should no longer kill the pilot instead of the vehicle.

-AA Missiles should no longer detonate before hitting their target or a Flare/ECM chaff cloud.

-Reduced the damage AA missiles do to jets to 45%.

-Fixed the SU-35 firing Air to Air missiles at a lower rate of fire than other vehicles.

-The IGLA and Stinger now lock on much more quickly and disable an attack aircraft in 1 hit, but have significantly reduced range. This should allow Stingers to mount an effective close range point defense, without dominating an entire airspace.

-Increased RPG and SMAW damage against aircraft.

-The MAV will no longer destroy vehicles that run into it, instead it should be destroyed.

-Reduced the damage AA guns (both mobile and stationary) do to infantry.

Honestly... who manages to hit a jet/helicopter with a RPG/SMAW?

Damn, no more 50-1 games using the AA gun... also no more Kharg Island sniping... Also, since when did a vehicle explode when hitting a MAV?

FOREGRIP

-The Horizontal Sway reduction has been changed from a global percent reduction to a weapon specific value reduction. For most guns this means very little change, for guns which have a large horizontal recoil the change is more substation. The FAMAS, F2000, and AEK971 are most effected, the AK-74, M16, and M416 are nearly unchanged.

-A small long range Aimed Accuracy penalty has been added to the foregrip. Players who generally find themselves fighting at mid to long range may want to change their accessory, while players fighting in CQB will go largely unaffected. Combining the Foregrip with a Silencer or a Heavy Barrel will offset this penalty.SUPPRESSOR

-The Suppressor no longer reduces the maximum damage of a weapon when equipped. Instead the Suppressor reduces the minimum and maximum range of the weapon, making it ideal for CQB and Stealth. This change will make the Suppressor slightly more effective at long range, where the bullet drop and speed makes shots difficult already, and reduces the power of the suppressor at mid range slightly.

-The Suppressor’s recoil bonus remains unchanged at a global 10% decrease. This is less than the Flash Suppressor’s bonus for all weapons.

-The Hip Accuracy penalty of the Suppressor has been changed from a global percentage to a per weapon value. Generally this penalty is higher now, but not for all weapons. Specifically, the belt LMGs and bolt Snipers do not have any additional hip fire penalty, as their penalty is already at the maximum possible value.

-Reduced the Aimed Accuracy bonus of the Suppressor from 50% to 25%. A Suppressor and Foregrip combo will have similar accuracy to a weapon without any Accessories, at the penalty of worse Hip Fire Accuracy and Range and with the benefit of much improved Stealth and reduced Recoil.

[hide]

-The MAV will now be destroyed when running into a soldier or vehicle at high speed. It is still possible to strategically sacrifice your MAV on a soldier; it will be destroyed in the process.

-The MAV now properly shows up in the Kill Feed. Previously it simply displayed “KILLED.”

-The MAV can no longer be used as an elevator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?[/hide]

-The M224 Mortar can no longer be deployed in an area that is out of combat for another team like a home base or other protected spawn.

-Tweaked M224 exit points so the player faces in the direction of the mortar when he exits.

-Mines, Claymores, C4 and other deployable items will now only appear on the minimap when spotted by a teammate.

Hopefully this means that A) Mortars no longer automatically appear on the map after being shot, and B) You can take-down-knife people using mortars. Still a shame that you can't setup in a spawn though...

Here's the entire update.

You can still use the MAV as an elevator by the way. You just have to be prone.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!