PoorLepRecon

Battlefield Discussion Thread

Anything of note in the patch?

And btw the graphics look amazing for AK

The most significant change is this: Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire.

On higher level servers (everyone uses mics/coordination) helicopters were extremely vulnerable, even with flares. Now they are almost pointless to even use. In a 1v1 helicopter engagement, both choppers will end up disabled. If someone on the ground has a stinger or a jet comes by with heatseekers the helicopter has no defense now.

• Accuracy dogtags now show the correct stats.

• Coop Stars and dogtag are now properly unlockable and equip able.

That only took nearly a year to fix. Good job Dice!

The nerfed my favorite gun... but not the AEK. So many of these "fixes" either shouldn't have been there to begin with, or should've been fixed a LONG time ago. And thank GOD they got rid of the stupid MK3A1 using frag rounds in gunmaster.

And the mortar is still crap.

Yes along with the m16 nerf it looks like the AEK will be the most dominant weapon, something that a lot of high level players have already gravitated to. This will further cement it as the go to assault rifle. \

Yep, mortar is still garbage. It did get a small buff by showing the explosion on the aim screen. But that was it.

Did anyone else know that you can cook grenades by hitting the grenade button then holding the fire button after you pull the pin?

I was uninformed for so long...

I'm liking the new patch notes. Mortar is still iffy, but I like everything else. Mixed feelings on the laser designation in 4th seat of scout chopper. It's fair, but it's inconvenient.

Laster designation shouldn't even be allowed on the scout helicopters IMO, since they get the missile. They're too maneuverable to be effectively taken down by tanks, fast enough to be able to fly away to re-arm missiles, and can be repaired while in the air. Way OP if the pilot is actually good. It's one of the very things that makes Noshahr Canals unbearable.

And I don't believe you actually cook them, you just hold the grenade. Maybe they changed it, but the last time I tried, i held it for 10 seconds and nothing happened, and exploded like normal.

Are you kidding? The scout choppers are extremely slow and are easy targets for tanks and rpg's. If you are running smoke (which you should, there's almost no reason to run anything else) scout choppers can't do anything to you when you are in a tank.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Did you just imply I should be running smoke in my MBT?

LOL

zoom optics all the time. Tank sniping is way too effective not to.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

LOL

Then you play in pub servers only, where no one has the sense to use javelins against tanks. Any server full of competent players will immediately bring out javelins to take out your tank.

LOL

Really as soon as i get near any objectives someone is always locking onto me, i find smoke the best for that slot as there are so many engineers but i guess if you are on a small player server or not playing aggressively in your tank then zoom optics could be effective

SUPER.gif

Holy lord the new update made the tanks fire slow. BRB as I switch my canister shell to HMG. Jesus.

i've used smoke on every vehicle available since the second i unlocked it. I'm not sure if people use javelins when you play but they are not very friendly to the land vehicles, especially post Foregrip/Suppressor patch..

@current patch, why don't they just admit they want the game to be cod? Hopefully next patch makes ALL vehicles NPC controlled.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

i've used smoke on every vehicle available since the second i unlocked it. I'm not sure if people use javelins when you play but they are not very friendly to the land vehicles, especially post Foregrip/Suppressor patch..

@current patch, why don't they just admit they want the game to be cod? Hopefully next patch makes ALL vehicles NPC controlled.

I assume this complaint is directed at the gunship. Would you really want some [wagon] kid flying that fortress? I think it's fine the way they handled it, as it provides a -2 troop count to the controlling team, giving less ground support, but increasing air support heavily. Plus it's fun. And the only way those gunner seats would be even remotely useful would be if the gunship flew in pattern, straight and flat as it does under NPC control. It would be entirely useless under human control [and it would be a -3 troop count, which at that point is 1/4 of the team on PS3]

not towards the ac130 @ all. EA's general stance against vehicles reflected in the patch notes makes it painfully obvious they just want this to be modern warfare 87 with different maps.

It's a damn shame as well.

enaidlool.png

Atleast Infinity Ward and activision update their game. And by update, I mean actually fix glitches/bugs. I'd so much rather have to update to a new version of BF3 every day if it meant crap like the mass dart glitch/dog tags actually working were fixed quickly. Instead, we get one big update every once in a while that usually [bleep]s things up worse than it was before.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Updates are every 3 months, that's not too terrible, although game breaking glitches like the M26 glitch really should have been addressed immediately.

I suppose I don't understand how the last few patches have lead you to believe they should take an NPC controlled vehicles stance. Vehicles are the calling card of Battlefield, why would they abandon that?

sarcasm isn't exactly best portrayed over the internet. Anyway, the nerfing of vehicles entirely in the suppressor patch that made most land vehicles insta disabled to a javelin, sometimes even 1 hit. The patch that changed flare reloading time back...this patch that just disables flares in general for a good heli team.

It's pretty painfully obvious they're continuously working their way away from vehicles. Close quarters? If vehicles are the calling card of BF3 why would a map pack with 0 vehicles EVER be released?

enaidlool.png

Because they're releasing a map pack with tons of vehicles after Close Quarters? :huh: Granted, it'll be pretty meh on consoles, due to having the majority of the map not being seen or used, since there's only 24 people per match.

Gutted i wont be able to play AK for at least a week as my PSU died, making my early access pretty useless...

SUPER.gif

Been having a great time with Armored Kill. Tank superiority is fantastic. Rush maps on consoles are way unbalanced though, the attackers have a huge advatage. I have no idea how DICE didn't catch this... The attackers get a huge number of vehicles including a gunship which allows them to paradrop behind the defenders. Heck, on some of the maps, the attackers can get to the mcoms before the defenders can (armored shield mcom set 1 is the worst).

Armored Kill was the reverse update to Close Quarters [the "COD" update] that put the vehicles back in battlefield. Aftermath and Endgame? I have no idea what they will bring. I'm hoping for commander roles and super destructible environments, which are other key differences between COD and BF.

Been having a great time with Armored Kill. Tank superiority is fantastic. Rush maps on consoles are way unbalanced though, the attackers have a huge advatage. I have no idea how DICE didn't catch this... The attackers get a huge number of vehicles including a gunship which allows them to paradrop behind the defenders. Heck, on some of the maps, the attackers can get to the mcoms before the defenders can (armored shield mcom set 1 is the worst).

I agree, Rush attackers have serious advantage. Frogfoot/Gunship/AAMTRAC AND 2 tank destroyers? Seriously?

Whoa. So you mean the Russians are actually the ones attacking this time around? Crazy. Can't remember the last time that happened, even in BFBC2. (And conquest assault doesn't count. That was just a "counter attack" style.) I also forgot to mention, I got the IFV dogtag in one game a few days ago, in a normal game to boot (which is saying something considering how many shots it takes to actually kill someone with tanks in normal...)

Whoa. So you mean the Russians are actually the ones attacking this time around? Crazy. Can't remember the last time that happened, even in BFBC2. (And conquest assault doesn't count. That was just a "counter attack" style.) I also forgot to mention, I got the IFV dogtag in one game a few days ago, in a normal game to boot (which is saying something considering how many shots it takes to actually kill someone with tanks in normal...)

No. US side attacks.

Just played a few rounds. Dear god could the gunship be much more op? Takes a ton of AA missiles to bring down, and even then it respawns so damn quickly that it's not even worth shooting down. Plus, since I assume it has thermal, there's really no hiding from it, especially with the splash damage. Why does DICE not test their game anymore?

In other news, shot down the gunship with a tank killer. Was pretty sweet.

Yeah rush on these maps is a joke. Doesn't bother me too much as they are best played as 64 man CQ, still a bit annoying how they did that though.

After a few more rounds that weren't rush, I must say that I enjoy the tank killers. The mobile artillery could use some work, like an actual range finder next to the crosshairs (can't wait for my friend to get on so he can be my spotter), and a few of the new assignment rewards seem un-needed, like the HE shell for the tank killer. TK's do enough damage as it is with their normal cannon, that replacing the LMG or HMG for a slower firing, slower to arm shell doesn't seem worth it.

Haven't seem a single assault class yet either. Very rare to see a support. Mostly just engineer and sniper, which was expected.

I don't really know why I'm even making suggestions, it isn't like DICE will actually change anything... at least not for a few months. :rolleyes:

For the mobile artillery, if you bring up your map after you fire, you can see where missiles land. It gives a little splash mark where each one hits.

• Like 1

Loving Tank superiority, don't like that people run around with jav out during, but other than that it's nice.

Sniping in Hardcore Tank Superiority is a good time. Trying to fix your Tank Destroyer? I think not! [and I love the huge number of LSR DSG bonuses I get]

Gunships do in fact have thermal for the 80mm cannon, but not the 20mm. CQ gunships really don't pose a big problem if your team isn't comprised of ass hats.

"High Explosive" rounds on Tank Destroyers are bloody useless. Minimal extra damage/range of damage with high reload time. Best set up in my opinion is Reactive/Smoke/Guided

Mobile Artillery are hella fun when you get the hang of them. Being on uneven ground is a bummer though. Currently running Autoloader/Smoke/Anti-Air. Using the "start" map to map your shots works wonders if you're having trouble gauging range of fire.

Here's a great idea guys! Let's let the gunship fly well within range of the enemy's stationary AA! And since it moves slow as shit, it'll get destroyed within 10 seconds! Great idea, drinks all around!