28-Jan-2010 - RuneScape Q&A � Mark Gerhard Answers

Toad

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'It is probably true that nobody has come close so far as to guessing the new skill, but that's probably because it just hasn't been done before.'

Means it must be something outside of the box. Very interesting.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

"one idea is possibly allowing the the chat filter to be turned on/off for older players"

:thumbup:

that will play havoc with the screenshot thread

No it'll play havock with 8 year olds playing the game under an account with a fake age just so they can abuse turning it on and off.......

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

"one idea is possibly allowing the the chat filter to be turned on/off for older players"

:thumbup:

that will play havoc with the screenshot thread

No it'll play havock with 8 year olds playing the game under an account with a fake age just so they can abuse turning it on and off.......

yeah it's just generally not a good idea lol

Our plans for consoles was to just make them another platform that supports RuneScape, so that we just have one giant global community, the problem is all the console manufacturers want to isolate their communities from other consoles which is not acceptable to us. When they change their minds RuneScape and if we were still interested at that point would come to all the consoles at once

as i suspected, it's all about getting the exclusive games.

Do you realise the majority of older players aren't phased by the filter? I know it doesn't bother me nor my friends, infact I was even happier with it before certain words were removed from the filter. It's only the kids that complain about it, and yes, you can bet younger players will sign up with a fake age. Words like wagon (Wagon being the censored version here) I was happy with being censored; I never had reason to use it. "You're an [wagon]" - "You're an idiot" do the same job.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Do you realise the majority of older players aren't phased by the filter? I know it doesn't bother me nor my friends, infact I was even happier with it before certain words were removed from the filter. It's only the kids that complain about it, and yes, you can bet younger players will sign up with a fake age. Words like wagon (Wagon being the censored version here) I was happy with being censored; I never had reason to use it. "You're an [wagon]" - "You're an idiot" do the same job.

I agree. Very few words that are censored are needed in adult conversations which you should be having in-game. Conducting yourself in a mature manner in the game should mean you rarely get effected by the censor unless you make a typo.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Okay, I'm pissed about this. Can we cut the BS and start calling these RS Q's? For the life of me I couldn't find any answers in this damn thing, other than his favorite skill si Slayer and his favorite minigame is Castle Wars. Screw this crap. :evil:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

How is an optional filter not a good idea? If you don't like it just turn the filter on, problem solved. I've addressed multiple times to Jmods and they said it is against the law. :/ The main reason why I want it is because the filter censors a lot of Dutch words which can be quite annoying.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

We got a neat little video!

woo-woo!

I love hearing an englishman say the word runescape

I can say it for you if you'd like, also the christmas card competition video

if you go to 1:06 Paul_M does say "Machinima Competition starting in January" so I only suspect the Orb of Oculus (I don't know the spelling so I usually say Orb of Octopus) will launch at the same time :)
smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

woo-woo!

if you go to 1:06 Paul_M does say "Machinima Competition starting in January" so I only suspect the Orb of Oculus (I don't know the spelling so I usually say Orb of Octopus) will launch at the same time :)

I could say it too if you want :P

And hmm, but smelly if you look it's already the 28th of January here in Lampeter and at home in Hereford (dunno about where in the UK you are ;p) so it wont be this month. hehe kinda obvious

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

woo-woo!

I could say it too if you want :P

And hmm, but smelly if you look it's already the 28th of January here in Lampeter and at home in Hereford (dunno about where in the UK you are ;p) so it wont be this month. hehe kinda obvious

Very very very very very early february in that case then ;).. very

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Q)Coolisme50

IF a 3rd world war broke out amd jagex got nuked......would that mean the end of runescape for forever?

A)Weve already made provisions for that which is why we have a massive tank in the car park and a secret nuclear bunker. So not even the 3rd world war can stop us launching the new skill!

anyone starting to think this tank stuff is actually a hint at something :wall:

Q)Coolisme50

IF a 3rd world war broke out amd jagex got nuked......would that mean the end of runescape for forever?

A)Weve already made provisions for that which is why we have a massive tank in the car park and a secret nuclear bunker. So not even the 3rd world war can stop us launching the new skill!

Tanks are shipped via boats. Boats go in the water. You know what this means? Polymorphism is the new skill!

Is he still answering questions?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Q)Coolisme50

Tanks are shipped via boats. Boats go in the water. You know what this means? Polymorphism is the new skill!

Is he still answering questions?

Well the thread was locked.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead