Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, what is your current project(s)

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Attempting to wrestle access + vba to my will at work.

Considering I knew zero VB going in, it's going pretty well.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Davidd
My latest projects:

username checker for runescape

PHP Image uploader

Tile generation section of game I am working on

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

ashozzy2
[ Display Name History ]

ashozzy2

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 558 posts
Adding the finishes to my (very basic) game engine in java, and working on a design of the social networking site I have planned relating to fitness :)

dsavi
[ Display Name History ]

dsavi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,869 posts
I'm working on a website I believe I mentioned here before, but I'm going to start a whole new thread for it in just a second...

C2b6gs7.png

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Working on a pking simulator in c++. I found out some interesting things, including assuming both people use whip/dclaws, then the best level to safe at is 650 hp or so. It's not quite finished yet, it's pretty messy. I'll be looking to add classes for different pkers and stuff instead of just having functions with 9001 arguements.

MageUK
[ Display Name History ]

MageUK

Behind You

• Administrators
  • 2,371 posts
  • RSN:Pure_MageUK
To follow on from my previous post, here's a sneak preview of what should be getting released in the next few days or so...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

jimmy_jim
[ Display Name History ]

jimmy_jim

"Fly me to Muse"

• Members
  • 4,784 posts
Looks awesome, Peter :thumbsup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis
Seriously - awesome job ;)
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Ronan
[ Display Name History ]

Ronan

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • RSN:Ronan
I must agree, that is fantastic! :) Clear and concise like the rest of Tip.it, yet bursting with functionality!

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
This updates automatically, does it?

It seems to be pretty much a copy of the GE, unless I'm missing something.

Still, looks very useful :)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
That's bloody Brilliant!

Posted Image

dsavi
[ Display Name History ]

dsavi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,869 posts
Working on a CLI decimal to binary converter in C, just to prove to my sister that I am, indeed, teh h4x0r. Not going so well, having problems with my error checking.

You know, I should probably write the converter first and worry about whether the input is a number or not later, but yeah. I guess I'm still too used to PHP forms.

Will post the source if I ever finish it.

C2b6gs7.png

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,963 posts
At home, I'm working on programming a PIC microcontroller in order to make a light cube (search 5x5x5 led cube on youtube... )

At work, I'm working on code that controls a power supply and some devices over a RS232 interface.

Robotics is basically done for the season. The gyro code worked spectacularly, our robot was the easiest to drive.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
This summer I have one big project in mind. I am wanting to create an easy to expand MMORPG game using Java. It will run in an applet and will use a cache system which holds the models and everything. In a month or so after I get some concept art and ideas planed out, I will start a separate topic to blog my progress.I want to start this game this summer and hopefully have it finished in 4 years when I get my Bachelors in CS.

Posted Image

Ronan
[ Display Name History ]

Ronan

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 396 posts
Taking this summer to work on learning the in's and out's of the more popular 3D-API's, JOGL at the moment. Not much really at the moment due to being slap-bang in the middle of exams, but did do this this evening for fun :) :-

N64 Anyone?

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts

Taking this summer to work on learning the in's and out's of the more popular 3D-API's, JOGL at the moment. Not much really at the moment due to being slap-bang in the middle of exams, but did do this this evening for fun :) :-

I will be using JOGL in my game I mentioned in the post above yours. From what I have seen, it is very powerful.
Here is a video which shows a character in a 3d world. I wish to do something to that effect.

Posted Image

Ronan
[ Display Name History ]

Ronan

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 396 posts

I will be using JOGL in my game I mentioned in the post above yours. From what I have seen, it is very powerful.
Here is a video which shows a character in a 3d world. I wish to do something to that effect.

Ah, I see. :) I've not thoroughly looked over many 3D-API's yet, but my initial preference is to JOGL over Java3D. Although JOGL does have certain complexities in areas which you'd usually assume to be simple, I do like the overall design and structure of it - it's certainly been relatively intuitive to learn so far.

Had to laugh at the video - nothing better than choosing a Homer Simpson model for the initial-testing! :P Should be fun to work on a project like that, I'd love to get to work on an RPG with JOGL, but I definitely don't want to get ahead of myself like I have with other projects so many times! There's a massive amount of work to do with a project like that, let alone an MMORPG, but it should be a great experience - good luck with it! :)

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel
I've been working on making a Visual Novel in the Visual Novel language Renpy (based in Python) for the past few months. The language to create the script, show characters ect is really easy, but the last few days I've been changing the GUI (preferences page, main menu, ect). It's taken a fair few hours, but I'm quite pleased that I've managed to get most of it done. The imagemapping system in Paint Shop Pro has made things easier (I don't have to figure out coordinates myself), and I'm very pleased with it so far :)

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

dsavi
[ Display Name History ]

dsavi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,869 posts
Speaking of Python, on Saturday when I was bored I started writing a calculator app for the Blender 2.5 interface (Something I've had need of myself, just thought it would be good to integrate it into the interface so you don't have to switch windows or anything). Like most of my other programming endeavours it didn't go well but I'm considering asking for help on the Blenderartist.org forums where all the coders are. I'm just afraid that someone will see my thread and finish coding it before they finish reading my post. :razz:

C2b6gs7.png

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
That Market site PureMage is working on reminds me a lot of an old Lineage II website that did the same sort of thing (just in a different manner). Very cool.

I just finished my current project (well mostly) and got it hosted now. Link in my signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users