So, what is your current project(s)

sees_all1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on a CLI decimal to binary converter in C, just to prove to my sister that I am, indeed, teh h4x0r. Not going so well, having problems with my error checking.

You know, I should probably write the converter first and worry about whether the input is a number or not later, but yeah. I guess I'm still too used to PHP forms.

Will post the source if I ever finish it.

C2b6gs7.png

At home, I'm working on programming a PIC microcontroller in order to make a light cube (search 5x5x5 led cube on youtube... )

At work, I'm working on code that controls a power supply and some devices over a RS232 interface.

Robotics is basically done for the season. The gyro code worked spectacularly, our robot was the easiest to drive.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

This summer I have one big project in mind. I am wanting to create an easy to expand MMORPG game using Java. It will run in an applet and will use a cache system which holds the models and everything. In a month or so after I get some concept art and ideas planed out, I will start a separate topic to blog my progress.I want to start this game this summer and hopefully have it finished in 4 years when I get my Bachelors in CS.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Taking this summer to work on learning the in's and out's of the more popular 3D-API's, JOGL at the moment. Not much really at the moment due to being slap-bang in the middle of exams, but did do this this evening for fun :) :-

[hide=N64 Anyone?]n64.png[/hide]

Taking this summer to work on learning the in's and out's of the more popular 3D-API's, JOGL at the moment. Not much really at the moment due to being slap-bang in the middle of exams, but did do this this evening for fun :) :-

I will be using JOGL in my game I mentioned in the post above yours. From what I have seen, it is very powerful.

Here is a video which shows a character in a 3d world. I wish to do something to that effect.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I will be using JOGL in my game I mentioned in the post above yours. From what I have seen, it is very powerful.

Here is a video which shows a character in a 3d world. I wish to do something to that effect.

Ah, I see. :) I've not thoroughly looked over many 3D-API's yet, but my initial preference is to JOGL over Java3D. Although JOGL does have certain complexities in areas which you'd usually assume to be simple, I do like the overall design and structure of it - it's certainly been relatively intuitive to learn so far.

Had to laugh at the video - nothing better than choosing a Homer Simpson model for the initial-testing! :P Should be fun to work on a project like that, I'd love to get to work on an RPG with JOGL, but I definitely don't want to get ahead of myself like I have with other projects so many times! There's a massive amount of work to do with a project like that, let alone an MMORPG, but it should be a great experience - good luck with it! :)

I've been working on making a Visual Novel in the Visual Novel language Renpy (based in Python) for the past few months. The language to create the script, show characters ect is really easy, but the last few days I've been changing the GUI (preferences page, main menu, ect). It's taken a fair few hours, but I'm quite pleased that I've managed to get most of it done. The imagemapping system in Paint Shop Pro has made things easier (I don't have to figure out coordinates myself), and I'm very pleased with it so far :)

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Speaking of Python, on Saturday when I was bored I started writing a calculator app for the Blender 2.5 interface (Something I've had need of myself, just thought it would be good to integrate it into the interface so you don't have to switch windows or anything). Like most of my other programming endeavours it didn't go well but I'm considering asking for help on the Blenderartist.org forums where all the coders are. I'm just afraid that someone will see my thread and finish coding it before they finish reading my post. :razz:

C2b6gs7.png

• 1 month later...

That Market site PureMage is working on reminds me a lot of an old Lineage II website that did the same sort of thing (just in a different manner). Very cool.

I just finished my current project (well mostly) and got it hosted now. Link in my signature

• 4 weeks later...

Bump because this forum is dead.

Finishing my semester now, had a few projects.

Had to write a student portal for use on mobile phones - php, mysql, ajax...that was fun.

Currently attempting to finish a basic library cataloguing system using C#...annoying.

Made an ugly as [bleep] web service using ASP.NET...even more annoying.

Wrote like 20 assorted functions for Oracle using PL/SQL...most annoying thing.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Working on an update to a flasher program, mainly improving compatibility between certain motherboards and xboxes. I am not going to post specifics though.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I am doing more work on a previous 2d tile rpg engine I started awhile back. My new inspiration came from the video series: "Adventures in Game Development" by the youtube user "Gyrovorbis". I am going to make my engine capable of doing platform games like Mario, rpgs like older Zelda's, and RTS like starcraft.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

A 2D multiplayer game with some online features. Prototyped the basics with Visual Basic and constructing in python

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

I currently have around 5 significant projects in full swing.

1) A GPT (get paid to) site coded from scratch, using CPALead. I have finished around 80% of the site, working on automatic PayPal cash out (please kill me, this is impossible O_O).

2) A RuneScape client. I know there are a lot of them available, but i would like mine to have some unique features. I'm coding it in VB.NET, so far i have little more than hiscores lookup, GE update notification and "PK mode". The PK Mode is a particularly risky addition, it kills well known laggy processes that don't do anything useful. Things like DivX updater, they run in the background checking frequently for updates. I have around 20 common processes to kill, and it also has the option to enter your own processes to kill and save them. So, if you have up to 5 processes that annoy you, you can instantly kill them if you want to. Oh, and built in screen recorder says "hi".

3) A YouTube bot. *Sees people reporting for the creation of a bot*. Heh, it does simple things like messaging/adding friends. They have a fairly high demand for people attempting to kick off YouTube channels, should be able to sell a few copies before it gets cracked.

4) A YouTube view exchanger. People would leave their browsers open, the webpage would look at other people's YouTube videos and as long as you leave the window open, yours would also be rotated around theirs. This would allow people to boost their views and hopefully grab a few subscribers (they have to watch at least 30 seconds of the video to move on to the next video).

5) A RuneScape experience tracker. I haven't started this project hugely, but i have started testing recognising Java text, so the program would simply show statistics based on the XP tracker by the minimap. I will be clarifying whether this is against RS rules before i begin this project fully.

*Sigh* To think that i don't get paid for this stuff -.-

Ooo :D Forgot my game, heh. 3D fantasy RPG made with Blender 3D (Python coding). Modelled the main character, a few different weapons/pieces of armour so far. Takes quite a lot of doing to pull it off heh.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Blender :-) 2.5 or 2.4x?

I'm still working on that freaking CLI binary-to-decimal converter program. Nearly finished, I just need to debug it. I did get it to work, but then I removed the debug code and it broke. :|

E: Found the bug. Now to gloat to my sister. (Who wrote the same thing in Java)

C2b6gs7.png

working to make a day planner in HTML5... javascript makes my eyes bleed.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Well I haven't had time for many personal projects lately, but at work I've been working on a Nokia Web Runtime (WRT for short) widget for the service this company offers. We released successfully to Nokia Ovi Store yesterday (or a few days ago, who knows).

I wish I had more time for hobby projects, as I'm an avid web developer and ui designer, I can't help myself to write 5 lines of random snippets every day but not really achieving everything.

Best regards,

Nico

Using jQuery or similar?

Nope. My job with this project is to learn javascript, build this platform, and teach it to others (so they can later modify it).

I find the best way to learn a language is to learn to hate it with a passion first, and then become competent and skilled in it. Probably the only language I didn't outright hate is C, but I hated the editor that was required (MPLAB can kill itself).

So much hatred in programming. Maybe I need to find a different hobby.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Starting to remake the entire website for my work in HTML5.... should be interesting. Current guy who made it is a complete tard and very backwards.. doesn't even use css... *Sigh*

Starting to remake the entire website for my work in HTML5.... should be interesting. Current guy who made it is a complete tard and very backwards.. doesn't even use css... *Sigh*

Lol, good luck :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Lol, good luck :P

Well, first thing I'm doing is making an admin panel for them so all they have to do is upload the image and attach a caption to it. No more of this insert the image into this page here, make sure the source for it is in this folder here, etc. Did I mention there was no database? *shudders* I haven't met dev's with this mindset since like '95.