New Skill Research - Roleplaying / Dungeon Master?

me

This would be a good guess, except World of Warcraft already has a pretty damn similar system going on, which means your idea is moot since this idea apparently "hasn't been done before." (Yes, we'll see about that when it's released, Jagex.)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games have the mechanic of randomly generated dungeons. Thats pretty much what the entire game is.

I find them rather fun so it would be pretty cool if this would become a skill.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

the new skill is resource search skill, since jagex said they are gonna extend the free map also.. and they said its gonna be use for all skills.

Oh it is it? Thankyou for enlightening us, now just tell us where you got this from, not including the badly founded reasons you have already said.

Playstation Skill

lv01 playstation 1

lv50 playstation 2

lv99 playstation 3

Get out of here and take your stupid console with you. Get into PC gaming.

OT:

I reaallly hope the new skill isn't what this thread speculates.

It's well thought out and stuff, but it really doesn't appeal to me.

Come to think of it, there has been NO clues whatsoever, unlike Summoning...

Wonder what Jagex makes of this thread... >_<

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

New skill: science

some examples:

Lvl30 scientist - harden steel

Lvl50 scientist - increase power of maple short bow.

lvl96 scientist - create titan-creature.

lvl 77 scientist - make runecrafting nature runes more efficient

In short, all skills benefit and are incorporated because the research skill can improve many processes of other skills.

(am not serious though)

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

When can we expect the new skill? What is it? Any hints? Can you confirm it has nothing to do with boats? Can you confirm it doesn't begin with a ‘B’? Necromancy? Archaeology? Can you say anything about those two things? Can you say whether it will be expensive, fast or slow XP, or anything of the sort?

Minifootyguy

I cannot say it has nothing to do with boats because a ship is featuring in it quite prominently, but I can repeat that it is not Sailing or anything like that. The skill doesn't start with a ‘B’. It won't be expensive.

The new skill is sailing, just with a different name for it ;)

I'm glad I didn't get excited for the new skill.

I know we just had summoning but I'm hoping for another combat skill.

Tough.

Settle down newblet.

Zerker_jane.png

I think the thread starter has hashed out one of the better possible theories I've read.

Now, to drag the ideas back into the bowels of the stupid, I have another thought:

I cannot say it has nothing to do with boats because a ship is featuring in it quite prominently, but I can repeat that it is not Sailing or anything like that. The skill doesn't start with a B. It won't be expensive.

Given Jagex's penchant for wordplay, I HAVE to think that the skill has the word "ship" in it, and it is a trainable, perhaps craft-driven skill (workmanship, etc.).

My guess is actually LEADERSHIP, but I have no idea how that skill would be trained. I think it would be worked predominately through team-based activities and interactions, but have no intelligent or concrete evidence to support.

More of a shot in the dark, I suppose, but it fits the enormous vague concepts handed out thus far.

stormveritas.png

whatever the skill is, i just hope the "completely different way of leveling it, not like summoning compared to herblore" means it has more to do with clicking abilities, strategy, tactics, economics, analysis or something more multi-dimensional. something that all the grinders cannot accomplish, something that develops the game on a more intellectual level, not in an academic way, but rather so we have to think a little.

Time Travel.

You heard it here first.

Lol, love it.

Dungeon Master or something similar like that would be awesome though! Instanced dungeons.. hmm. It would definitely be a whole new aspect of runescape, and I'm sure it would attract a lot of people! However, it's something that's never really been done before, that doesn't sound too likely I guess, as that's what WoW's all about. I look forward to this skill! I'm excited. :D

Blakdragon39.png

It only makes sense for time travel.

Everyone was expecting mechscape this year.

They are not just gonna throw away all their work on that game.

Instead, they just combined mechscape into runescape, as a new skill.

Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this one out.

As you progress, you can travel into the future and play the new game and the skills and items will probably go between both worlds.

It only makes sense for time travel.

Everyone was expecting mechscape this year.

They are not just gonna throw away all their work on that game.

Instead, they just combined mechscape into runescape, as a new skill.

Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this one out.

As you progress, you can travel into the future and play the new game and the skills and items will probably go between both worlds.

Good thing you're not a brain surgeon, then. Most of Mechscape's is now Stellar Dawn, and is still being released.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Good arguments, better than the baseless speculation you see everywhere.

Just not quite interested in it if it were true. Group skilltraining? Eww, no thanks.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Looking at the new answers from the recent Content Team Q&A, it seems Ren is pretty close to the new skill. It's likely that he is completely right.
Ill admit i was sceptic at first but from the Content Team Q&A i have little doubts about this being the basis of the new skill.Some technical things like how the dungeon thing will work or the name are debatable but the basic design is settled in my opinion
Yup i agree Ren nailed it. How its put together as a skill will be interesting and what we have to do wether its team work or solo. I guess just the details are missing.

<3 love how everyone is giving me credit for this!! thanks....

Anyways... I had long ago before this post was made (i think) said that the new skill would be exploration. something related to what has been said before, except i didn't have any knowledge of all this crap. and the best part is that i'm pretty sure it doesn't conflict with anything the mods said!

here, let me justify my post. pick apart it later please, as this is what I said before all this info was read.

Exploration, as the new skill, could open up many new areas. Think of how the Kharazi Jungle is, where you have to chop through trees and whatnot. Imagine having to do tasks or stuff like that, using your other skills to get through objectives to unlock an area that would possibly open up new dungeons, item shops, new npcs, new resources and resource locations, new quests, the list goes on. Anything you can think of could be unlocked using Exploration. Anything could be used in Exploration. The experience and leveling could work either by percentage of the "world" (saying that its added areas of the rs map) being discovered, which could conflict with th 13034431 exp thing unless there was some strange math to it, which wouldn't be all that hard anyways. Or it could be based on objective and objective type. New tools, items, npcs, summoning creatures, everything and anything could be added to runescape to assist/be used in Exploration. Tasks/objectives could be chosen based on your skill total, skill levels, combat levels, certain skills and their level, almost anything. Either selectively one, or any and all of them at random. There could be new disease-type splats or something based on where you go, the environments you encounter.

I'll repost and/or edit this later if I feel like I missed anything..keep your minds open for this new skill please.

553VriC.png?1

Looking at the new answers from the recent Content Team Q&A, it seems Ren is pretty close to the new skill. It's likely that he is completely right.
Ill admit i was sceptic at first but from the Content Team Q&A i have little doubts about this being the basis of the new skill.Some technical things like how the dungeon thing will work or the name are debatable but the basic design is settled in my opinion
Yup i agree Ren nailed it. How its put together as a skill will be interesting and what we have to do wether its team work or solo. I guess just the details are missing.

<3 love how everyone is giving me credit for this!! thanks....

Anyways... I had long ago before this post was made (i think) said that the new skill would be exploration. something related to what has been said before, except i didn't have any knowledge of all this crap. and the best part is that i'm pretty sure it doesn't conflict with anything the mods said!

here, let me justify my post. pick apart it later please, as this is what I said before all this info was read.

Exploration, as the new skill, could open up many new areas. Think of how the Kharazi Jungle is, where you have to chop through trees and whatnot. Imagine having to do tasks or stuff like that, using your other skills to get through objectives to unlock an area that would possibly open up new dungeons, item shops, new npcs, new resources and resource locations, new quests, the list goes on. Anything you can think of could be unlocked using Exploration. Anything could be used in Exploration. The experience and leveling could work either by percentage of the "world" (saying that its added areas of the rs map) being discovered, which could conflict with th 13034431 exp thing unless there was some strange math to it, which wouldn't be all that hard anyways. Or it could be based on objective and objective type. New tools, items, npcs, summoning creatures, everything and anything could be added to runescape to assist/be used in Exploration. Tasks/objectives could be chosen based on your skill total, skill levels, combat levels, certain skills and their level, almost anything. Either selectively one, or any and all of them at random. There could be new disease-type splats or something based on where you go, the environments you encounter.

I'll repost and/or edit this later if I feel like I missed anything..keep your minds open for this new skill please.

Exploration would be hella lame..And the worst thing is it would actually make sense for the new skill to be exploration.

Zerker_jane.png

The new skill is sailing, just with a different name for it ;)

all I can say is I really hope this is true.

amg sailing@@

Here we are, born to be kings

We're the princes of the universe

Here we belong, fighting to survive

In a world with the darkest powers

For some reason i thought "REN" and "ME" were the same person #-o But some kind of exploration of instanced areas might be what the skill... I think what Jagex is saying about the new skill being something never done is that fact that going on mini quests/ completing instanced dungens/exploring new lands(whatever the skill is) has never been done before as a skill set in a much large complex game. Clearly anything you can think of has been done before in game but i think they just mean it hasnt been done the way they are going to do it.

For some reason i thought "REN" and "ME" were the same person #-o

"Ren" is a handle of mine and the one I am best known by as I use it on MechScape World and other fan sites (hence why I use it in my signature). "Me" is my RuneScape account/display name and my display name on tip.it. I am not related to the tip.it user "ren".

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

For some reason i thought "REN" and "ME" were the same person #-o

"Ren" is a handle of mine and the one I am best known by as I use it on MechScape World and other fan sites (hence why I use it in my signature). "Me" is my RuneScape account/display name and my display name on tip.it. I am not related to the tip.it user "ren".

In all honesty, I didn't claim to be you, sorry for that xd. I'll clear that up.

Ren is me, and I am ren. Get it, everyone? kk.

553VriC.png?1