Ring of Wealth

Bladewing

Good to now know how to use this thing since it is just about the opposite of what I had been doing. For slayer assignments that are quick kills with some decent drops but no blockbuster drop, this thing would help. It would be nice to eliminate those "no drop" kills. And those can add up over a 200+ slayer assignment. Of course, some people leave almost all the drops on the ground, and the RoW makes no sense there. But if you're like me and pretty much pick up everything worth over 1k, then RoW makes sense sometimes. I won't use it, though, for the monsters with one big drop, e.g., abby demons. I'd rather get a few more kills there since I'm really killing only for the big drop anyway, and RoW doesn't help with that. That's my new approach anyway.

punitivedsig.png

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, I've seen pictures of D med+abby demon head, etc. So we know that there *are* other secondary drops, besides charms.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I for one, still see the use of the RoW. While it does not help increase the unique drops, the increase in gems/rune items/half keys is a good way to offset potion and food use. It helps those tasks that use expensive stuff such as pray pots or super sets feel less like a waste of cash. 20k for a loop, 60k for a tooth half, diamonds are at 17k, and alching rune items. Seems more and more worth it lately. Then again, my cash pile is below 20m and I dont boss fight, so maybe I dont have a say in this for you guys.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Also, in regards to the secondary drop table, it's not limited to just Charms. Slayer Heads and Clues are two additional drops on that table. Clues used to be their own separate drop and now however they are dropped with another item, same with slayer heads.

The thing is, I've seen pictures of D med+abby demon head, etc. So we know that there *are* other secondary drops, besides charms.

Secondary drop - Some creatures also have a secondary drop. So far, this only consists of charms used in Summoning.

No, only charms are on a secondary wheel. Simply having two drops at once does not necessitate a secondary independent wheel. For example, if you can receive two herbs from a Chaos Druid. It is possible to design a table that will drop multiple items.

I think what happens when you get say a abbysal head, or a visage this is what happens.

*pretend dice rolls* -> visage

Lets roll the dice again

*pretend dice rolls* -> coins

So maybe heads and visages are on the same wheel as other drops, they just drop a second item.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Also, in regards to the secondary drop table, it's not limited to just Charms. Slayer Heads and Clues are two additional drops on that table. Clues used to be their own separate drop and now however they are dropped with another item, same with slayer heads.

Secondary drop - Some creatures also have a secondary drop. So far, this only consists of charms used in Summoning.

No, only charms are on a secondary wheel. Simply having two drops at once does not necessitate a secondary independent wheel. For example, if you can receive two herbs from a Chaos Druid. It is possible to design a table that will drop multiple items.

I'd say that was the case if clues/heads etc. always dropped with the same item, which they don't. Multiple herbs is entirely different and I imagine that it's just listed in the drop table as "Herb" which then calls another procedure to figure out what herb that would be out of the all the ones available to drop, there wouldn't be separate drops for "Guam + Tarromin" and "Guam + Guam" for example

It makes no sense for them to have changed the way clue scrolls dropped unless they moved it across to the secondary wheel, there's very little benefit in them doing so anyway but it would have been very easy to move them across.

We also know that clues are different anyway due to the fact that you can only have one and another one will not drop when you currently have one in your inventory/bank.

Am I the only person here that remembers a time when the D med was 1m, the d spear was 500k, and the d sqaure was 3m?

When the ROW was made, increaseing the chances of said items was a good thing. Today though, we look at the prices of these items, and just assume the ring is, and always was a piece of useless junk. I keep seeing people here saying things like "Why did they even make it", they made it because the items it affected used to be worth A LOT, especially when you compare them to their prices now.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

So here is what I think it is saying.

Lets say you have a wheel of General Grarr;'s Drrops.

{paint FTL)

5aqqti.png

And you get a kill using ring of welath and happen to get an item from the rare drop table. Here is the selection of possible items you would get:

5ajabm.png

Am I right?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

^

Exactly, just take off the BCP, hilt and tassys and replace it with gems, half keys and javs and you got it.

I know. I was just using those items as an example.

Yeah but if it worked how you explained it then ROW would be godly.

..and everyone would have god war armour like barrows then it wouldn;t be worth the money spent.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Paint ftw. Anyway, the circles do not accurately represent the actual percentage of what drop. However, the second circles accurately show the odds of semi-rare, rare, and extremely rare drops double. This should show the logic of the Ring of Wealth.

P.S. This black circle in the rare drop slither is meant to represent the whole slither, as the new wheel opened from that.

rowexplained.png

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Paint ftw. Anyway, the circles do not accurately represent the actual percentage of what drop. However, the second circles accurately show the odds of semi-rare, rare, and extremely rare drops double. This should show the logic of the Ring of Wealth.

P.S. This black circle in the rare drop slither is meant to represent the whole slither, as the new wheel opened from that.

rowexplained.png

No that's not right. As they stated monster specific rare items are NOT on the rare drop table that is effected by the ring of wealth. That means the maroon colored sections of your rare drop should actually be a very thin section on the main wheel. And drops with charms are not part of that wheel at all. Charm drops are completely seperate, so everytime you make a kill one wheel spins to determine the charm drop (which color or if you get a drop at all) and another wheel spins to determine the drop, these wheels have no effect on each other. If your item drop (non charm) wheel lands on the 'rare' then it goes to the second wheel which contains rare items shared by almost all monsters (gems, key halves, d spears) if it goes to this rare drop wheel then it is already determined the drop will NOT be something like a whip or brine saber (as your two examples in the picture.)

Burquedout.png

No that's not right. As they stated monster specific rare items are NOT on the rare drop table that is effected by the ring of wealth. That means the maroon colored sections of your rare drop should actually be a very thin section on the main wheel. And drops with charms are not part of that wheel at all. Charm drops are completely seperate, so everytime you make a kill one wheel spins to determine the charm drop (which color or if you get a drop at all) and another wheel spins to determine the drop, these wheels have no effect on each other. If your item drop (non charm) wheel lands on the 'rare' then it goes to the second wheel which contains rare items shared by almost all monsters (gems, key halves, d spears) if it goes to this rare drop wheel then it is already determined the drop will NOT be something like a whip or brine saber (as your two examples in the picture.)

I said the percentages were not accurate, no? It is simply to show that RoW increases your chances of getting the rare drop by deleting the blank spaces (no drop). Also, charms are a secondary drop, as in you can get a normal drop and a charm or just a charm (and the 100% drop like bones).

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

This is an example for an Abyssal Demon's hypothetical drop wheels.

f9mbeq.png

This is definitive. It's a simple matter of reading comprehension of what Jagex wrote in the knowledge base and using common knowledge, such as that a clue can drop at the same time as something else.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

This is an example for an Abyssal Demon's hypothetical drop wheels.

[hide]f9mbeq.png[/hide]

This is definitive. It's a simple matter of reading comprehension of what Jagex wrote in the knowledge base and using common knowledge, such as that a clue can drop at the same time as something else.

Now this is the real deal.

This is how it is.

I haz question guieez!

Now, does the ring's effect apply when starting combat, killing a monster, or if you have it on for the entire time you are in combat AND when you kill a monster? If it is the former 2, I'll still use it under the conditions and then just switch to something better. Might as well get something from killing a monster then nothing.

Oh, and if I understand exactly what it does correctly, it is far more useful for lower level monsters then higher ones, as lower level ones tend to drop nothing more often.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

I haz question guieez!

Now, does the ring's effect apply when starting combat, killing a monster, or if you have it on for the entire time you are in combat AND when you kill a monster? If it is the former 2, I'll still use it under the conditions and then just switch to something better. Might as well get something from killing a monster then nothing.

Oh, and if I understand exactly what it does correctly, it is far more useful for lower level monsters then higher ones, as lower level ones tend to drop nothing more often.

I would think that it only matters the moment the wheel is spun, so when the monster is killed.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

nevermind lol, you're right ROW is pretty dang worthless

You guys are right. I sure would rather get nothing than something!

killing abyssal demons 1% faster with a berzerker ring makes a more noticeable impact on profit than this lol, plus more exp. there is literally no reason to ever use it.

So if you are killing abyssal demons 1% faster, that means that for every 100 kills you get, you get 1 extra kill. If we take the drop rate to be 1 in 300 for a whip, which is what I have roughly found it to be, that means that for every 30,000 kills you get an extra 300 kills, which will give you an extra whip. How does an extra whip in 30,000 kills compare to all your "no drops" being eliminated for 30,000 kills? It's hard to say. But I can tell you that for the comparison of a ring with multiple million GP to a ring worth only several thousands, the ring of wealth is more efficent at gaining you wealth.

well that was exaggeration really, I'd say the zerker likely raises your kill time by more than that, though it is hard to say. it raises your max hit by about one, so does that make it reasonable to assume that it raises your average hit by 1/2? if so, assuming an average hit of 25 or so, it would be a stunning 2% improvement. an increase of one whip/15,000 kills would equate to an extra 11,333 gp/kill... now the ROW is trickier, but considering the rarity of any rare drops signifcantly more valuable than 11k, I would say the zerker is conclusively better... let's not forget that it increases your xp/hr by about 2% as well (I think?). it's true that it is more expensive, but that doesn't make it any less efficient in my view because it is a one-time expense only, and 5m really isn't very hard to make these days.

Yes, Ring of Wealth only comes into effect when the monster dies as that is when the drops are generated, unlike other games (WoW for example) when the drops are assigned to the monster when it spawns.

Also, Dragon Med is NOT in the rare drop wheel, very few monsters actually drop it unlike spear/half shield. It is in monster's normal drop tables. This means (unless it has been changed) the drop rate of Dragon Med off Fire Giants is still 1/16k as stated by a Jagex mod back in RSC. I believe that's the only drop rate we know for sure.

I also believe there are empty drops on the normal tables too, not just the rare tables, at least for some NPCs.

One interesting NPC this brings up - Goraks, they drop nothing but "rare drops" (well, they drop claws too). That's one of the only monsters where wearing a ring of wealth would have a huge huge effect as pretty much every roll is guaranteed to be on the rare drop wheel. I'm sure if you camped at Goraks for a day or so, you'd more likely than not get a dragon drop if you're using a ring of wealth especially.

Yes, Ring of Wealth only comes into effect when the monster dies as that is when the drops are generated, unlike other games (WoW for example) when the drops are assigned to the monster when it spawns.

Also, Dragon Med is NOT in the rare drop wheel, very few monsters actually drop it unlike spear/half shield. It is in monster's normal drop tables. This means (unless it has been changed) the drop rate of Dragon Med off Fire Giants is still 1/16k as stated by a Jagex mod back in RSC. I believe that's the only drop rate we know for sure.

I also believe there are empty drops on the normal tables too, not just the rare tables, at least for some NPCs.

One interesting NPC this brings up - Goraks, they drop nothing but "rare drops" (well, they drop claws too). That's one of the only monsters where wearing a ring of wealth would have a huge huge effect as pretty much every roll is guaranteed to be on the rare drop wheel. I'm sure if you camped at Goraks for a day or so, you'd more likely than not get a dragon drop if you're using a ring of wealth especially.

Good info about the Gorak. Haven't had that assignment for a while -- I need to see if I have them blocked. Or maybe Kuradel doesn't assign them?

More on topic: As I was fighting Dusties last night (using zerker ring), it dawned on me that the ring really wasn't helping me much, if at all. I was two hitting them much of the time. But the zerker wouldn't let me one hit them. So for quick kill monsters, the zerker doesn't help that much. It helps most on monsters that you have to hack away on. So I'm switching to RoW on all easy monsters.

Off topic: Earlier I tried to post and found that I had to wait 45 seconds. Is this new, or has it always been this way, or is one of the idiot mods mad at me for some reason?

punitivedsig.png