Tips for Making Runescape run faster?

firekeeper41

Does anyone have any tips for how to make Runescape run faster and more efficient? I'm using a Win98 computer, with 166MHz and 128 RAM.

I know it's a slow comp, so that might be the reason it's running slow, but if anyone has any tips they would be most appriciated.

Thanks.

Sorry to break it to you but theres really not much you can do with a spec that low to improve your Runescape experience

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well when you are on f2p, when an ad comes up, right click on it, and click Play, Loop, and then zoom in a few times. This will make it run a little bit faster. I also notived that firefox also uses less system resources.. so you could try using it.

Worse comes to worse buy some ram on ebay lol.

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.

Does anyone have any tips for how to make Runescape run faster and more efficient? I'm using a Win98 computer, with 166MHz and 128 RAM.

I know it's a slow comp, so that might be the reason it's running slow, but if anyone has any tips they would be most appriciated.

Thanks.

166 Mhz and 128 Ram, thas your problem, 116 Mhz is donkeys years old for a processer, atm mines out of date and its at 2.6Ghz Pent 4.

Get a new PC :P.

shot do not buy a new PC, build a new one. You can proably take parts from your old one to put into a new one. Mabye get some cheap little mobo that supports some 600 mhz computer and really mabye 128 megs of ram. Mabye look up your mobo and see if you can get a faster proceceser in there and mabye some more ram. But really you do not need it too much I do not think. What is your connection speed. I would not blame the computer first mabye your network speed. At the college it runs fine with 300 mhz 64 meg ram computers. (Ack what kind of college is this with those computer haha).

Other things you can do with windows is shutdown all services that may be un nessecary. Do Windows Key + R and do Msconfig and look at what is booting up and what services your running if it looks like you do not need it then take it off. I would close all programs besides your Web Browser. And no matter what you will proably have lagg [bleep]es in crowaded areas nothing can help that. So look for low servers and that type of thing and avoid big time gathering areas on full servers.

If you don't upgrade (best solution), your options are limited.

Use the RS downloadable client

Run low-detail

No chat programs loaded or running

No browsers loaded up

Try to have absolutely nothing else running at all, just the game itself

That's the best I can offer in your situation.

2bcacd2197.png

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people."

-George W. Bush

• 2 weeks later...

dude this guy has a 166Mhz comp, the thingi s probably like 16bit or 8 bit he can't even run high detail.... Buying ram for a antique like that probably costs couple hund since u have to custom order.... Nothing u can do m8, buy one of those 400 dollar emachines or dell, they can run simple Java programs like rs just fine.