What Do You Miss Most?

CHAPPERZ

I do miss the old wilderness, but bh is pretty cool too

seem to get a lot more kills and generally more loot these days than before, especially in f2p - with corrupt KOs

oh and drop trading, i miss that

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

A smaller tighter community, practically the classic community, but that can't really be helped when the game is constantly growing.

Also trading with actual people and not a grand exchange clerk, although i couldn't live without the g.e for simple quest items etc. and there's no way i'd wish for it to be gone.

Apart from that, the game has moved forwards in leaps and bounds.

Orc.png

Having members. ;o

Not much really, F2P has only got better. The only other thing I miss is the feeling of excitement that RS gave you when you first started, it was massive to me as a noob. Varrock? Dear god no! And how the hell do I get to Draynor? Oh those were the days.

So True:)

But other then that i miss being new exploring and having a sense of adventure. Now adays its all about getting lvls exp and rank.

Its not runescape thats changed either its me.

THIS.

I've been everywhere on the map. I have average-high skills all around. I've fought most higher level enemies and finished every quest. I can't get the feeling of exploration back because the only things left to explore relate to what I can do with my skills.

• 3 weeks later...

I miss the feeling when I was new; when Varrock being SOO FARR wasn't because i'm on my latest pure and it's a hard slog, but because 'ZOMG NEW PLACE' and there's all this wonder and excitement and getting lost and almost getting killed by dark wizards in Draynor when I overshoot going back to Wizard's Tower when doing Rune Mysteries. I got some of that back when I got members, and I have a very fond memory of going "Ohhh quest icon! ... OH GOD IT'S BIG CHOMPY BIRD HUNTING" during one of my wanderings, but it's not the SAME since the new things are built upon the impressions the old things left, and having a comparison makes my view of the world different. And watching fights from the safety of just a little bit south of the invisible line and then venturing forward just one more square, then rushing backwards as soon as the first arrow wings its way towards me... all that stuff just isn't the same.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

I definitely miss when runescape seemed huge.. When I would log in and not know what to do because it seemed like there were too many choices.

I miss when general stores sold other people's junk for low prices, pre-grand exchange. I remember when I first started I used to hang around the general store and buy beads for that one imp quest. I could get them at the store for 1gp, then I'd run to the bank and sell it someone for 300gp. I thought I was making tons of money XD

Oh, and I miss when I barely needed any exp to level up. When 400 exp til my next level seemed like a huge amount.

I guess I just miss being a newb. XD

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Not being able to do quests again...sudden urge to do WGS again...

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I miss the overall "magic" of old rs. It was fun, people didn't know anything about the game, Zezima was on the top.. Ahh, good times.. I remember talking with a guy at school who had smithing level to make full steel, if he could make me a set for free :grin: He did it.. and well, i was a jolly dude for the next few days!

5th_Base.png

I miss the time when I had 4 or 5 friends on my friend list that would actually be online quite often.

Now, I only see one really often, the others almost never login....

Nowadays, I'm staring at a lot of red when I open my friends tab....

(Yeah I find it hard making friends IRL, and even harder ingame)...

EDIT: I also miss the time when I'd walk around in iron or steel wearing a red cape, thinking that I looked oh-so strong.... Cool sets with gs's are nothing to me compared to what that set was.

Moving from Lumbridge to Varrock getting through Falador (Yeah, I thought the only thing on the other side of that bridge was only to Al-Kharid (Where I had to think a long time if it was really worth 10 gold to get in there....))

The time when mining through Falador was dangerous because of scorpions.

The time when I thought an xp lamp would give me a level.

The time when I mined ore in Rimmington, smelted in Falador, and sold at the general store to make money...without banking the ore or anything...Doing that over and over again. Got 40 mining and smithing that way, along with a rune pick.

My Rune (g) set, a bit later, when I could wear the platebody because I hadn't done Dragon slayer.

WarBlastoise.png

• 3 weeks later...

I miss the days when money wasn't everything. Now a days, every time the community figures out a future update, the price of a certain item inflates (or vise versa) even if it's a small or useless update; and people do this just to make more money. Just about every skill can be trained with money and sometimes it seems you need to spend a lot of money just to get a fair amount of experience.

I don't even want to mention merchanting clans and their chat spam....

All the greed has gone on in RS for a very long time and continues to grow, but I still do remember, and miss, the days when money wasn't everything.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I miss running around in Lumbridge in circles because I didn't know how to leave the city and travel to Draynor Village in order to access the bank (and I had to use the Lumbridge Guide in order to find out this information about Draynor and the bank). I used to think that Lumbridge was a large city confined within huge walls with a large castle at its center and several communities lying on its outskirts. I remember being freaked out by the Lumbridge Cemetery because of the ghost in the mausoleum. I remember getting lost in Lumbridge Swamps (and indeed trying to find it!) and trying to find the Wizard's Tower. I remember taking an inefficient route to Varrock after being killed by White Knights in Falador. I remember literally going to the highest point in Varrock and feeling proud of myself. I remember the Christmas 2005 event and trying to sell a Christmas Bauble for an extortionate price in Zaff's Shop (top floor) to another player and thinking that I was clever and would get rich (little did I know that it was a so-called "not tradable" item!)... I remember a friend giving me a key to Edgeville Sewers in order to kill hill giants (and thinking that it was a top secret club on RuneScape). I remember delivering gifts to the man at the Member's Gate by dodging the guards because I thought they were aggressive. The Dwarven Mines and Dragon Slayer and the Rune Platebody were all huge achievements! So was the Mining Guild and level 60 woodcutting. I used to sell willow logs that I cut to the general store in order to make 3k a day. Then, I was hired by a higher level person in order to cut yew trees, and he would reward me for my efforts with runite items and other things. I was getting ripped off, but I didn't know that, and it made me appreciate the mithril/adamantite/runite items that I was getting paid with. He was also one of my first friends on RS. I remember meeting a friend after helping this stranger travel from south of Falador to Varrock (going through Draynor Manor). We used to make money by mining rune essence and selling our wares in World 1. He bought a set of gilded adamantite armor, and I was extremely jealous! I eventually saved up 400k and thought that I was set for the rest of my RuneScape career. I even managed to buy an adamantite(g) shield near Varrock Bank in world 1, and I was happy. I paid about 90k, I think.

When I got members, I mailed my subscription and logged on with anticipation everyday for a few weeks until it finally arrived to England, and Jagex turned my membership on -- for the first time! I was giddy with excitement and quickly accessed the Member's Gate, explored every inch of Taverly, and learned about a new town called Catherby on my map. I remember feeling dismayed that I had to cross over the White Wolf Mountain in order to reach this city, but I made it (although I thought I would die)! I remember buying an amulet of glory as the first item I ever bought on a members' world because it was my favorite item that I read about in old Tip.it guides. I paid 140k for my first amulet of glory (they were worth that much then. Probably was 240k, I don't remember...)

I was especially happy after the unexpected release of Construction.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...