08-Feb-10 - Musical Update & Strykewyrms

Toad

Completely true I never hit above 33 with void mace and CoG in about 30 rex kills. Never went above 37 when I was magic potting to get rid of the crashers. Which means no extra damage.

I was still getting the odd splash and hitting some low numbers too just the same as I would using veracs helm.

The difference was 5+ vs -4 and I splashed once maybe twice less per kill.

"Any chance you can answer the Hexcrest, focus and full slayer helm bonus question?

IE what are the exact bonuses they give.

The manual states nothing about it and I can't find a single answer."

The hexcrest and focus sight do the same as the black mask so the hexcrest is +mage accuracy and +mage damage vs slayer task. The focus sight is +ranged accuracy and +ranged damage vs slayer task.

Quoted from Mod Emilee.

A QFC would be nice. Not saying that I don't trust you, just saying that I have no faith whatsoever in an unverified source.

EDIT: Also that still does not give exact numbers :-D 15% Magic damage seems a bit excessive, no?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely true I never hit above 33 with void mace and CoG in about 30 rex kills. Never went above 37 when I was magic potting to get rid of the crashers. Which means no extra damage.

I was still getting the odd splash and hitting some low numbers too just the same as I would using veracs helm.

The difference was 5+ vs -4 and I splashed once maybe twice less per kill.

"Any chance you can answer the Hexcrest, focus and full slayer helm bonus question?

The hexcrest and focus sight do the same as the black mask so the hexcrest is +mage accuracy and +mage damage vs slayer task. The focus sight is +ranged accuracy and +ranged damage vs slayer task.

Quoted from Mod Emilee.

A QFC would be nice. Not saying that I don't trust you, just saying that I have no faith whatsoever in an unverified source.

EDIT: Also that still does not give exact numbers :-D 15% Magic damage seems a bit excessive, no?

Nope, needs moar. :mrgreen:

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I managed to get a clear answer after about 4 hours of trying yesterday.

Thanks Mod Emilee

The hexcrest and focus sight do the same as the black mask – so the hexcrest is +mage accuracy and +mage damage vs slayer task. The focus sight is +ranged accuracy and +ranged damage vs slayer task.

Quick find code: 15-16-312-60398074

Asked on page 2 at the bottom answered at the top of page 3.

Turns out theres a bug with void mace+CoG+hexcrest not sure if its solely with rex or in generally, but the max hit is limited to 33 (or 37 with normal potions) making me think it doesn't take into account the hex at all.

I've submitted a bug report and plan on trying earth surge on rex just to see if that works.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I managed to get a clear answer after about 4 hours of trying yesterday.

Thanks Mod Emilee

Quick find code: 15-16-312-60398074

Asked on page 2 at the bottom answered at the top of page 3.

Turns out theres a bug with void mace+CoG+hexcrest not sure if its solely with rex or in generally, but the max hit is limited to 33 (or 37 with normal potions) making me think it doesn't take into account the hex at all.

I've submitted a bug report and plan on trying earth surge on rex just to see if that works.

Thanks for that. I was a bit annoyed that the KB had no information on the hexcrest and focus sight, so I was a little bit skeptical despite the mention of their abilities in the news article.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.