The songs that bring you a bit of Nostalgia

TipIt

Final Countdown.

Born to be Wild. ( We have a home vid of me singing this song at like, 6 years old.)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beatles remind me of the art classes I took in middle school. The teacher was a HUGE Beatles fan, to the point where she would get 8th graders to paint a Beatles mural on the walls outside her classroom every year. Driving by the school, I never saw a new one, so I guess she ran out of ideas...

Now I feel old ._.

Billy Joel is probably my most nostalgic artist. When I was in fourth grade or so my mother would always put on this Billy Joel DVD and it ended up being the first actual music that I liked... and is probably the only music I listened to in elementary school that I still like today xD.

"How You Remind Me" by Nickelback and "The Reason" by Hoobastank are similarly nostalgic, but I can't stand either band nowadays.

My Seventh grade was basically Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, and Panic at the Disco. I'm not really proud of it to say the least xD.

Right Here, Right Now by Fatboy Slim. I remember seeing that song (and the video) being previewed on SMTV Live/Live and Kicking as a song from Fatboy Slim's 'new' album.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Come to think of it, "Intergalactic" by the Beastie Boys brings me back to when I woke up at 5am to watch music videos on MTV for various countdowns.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

"Goldeneye" -Tina Turner

"I'm raving" -Scooter

"Adagio for strings" -Tiesto

"Sweet child 'o mine" -Guns N' roses

"Heaven" -Dj Sammy & Yanou

"Radio/ Video" -System of a Down

"where is the love" -Black eyed peas

"Silence" -Delerium feat. Sarah Mclachlan

"Faint" -Linkin' Park

"Rhythm of the night" -Corona

"Jerk it out" -Caesar's Palace

"it wasn't me" -Shaggy

"still Dre" -Dr. Dre

"when I'm gone" -Eminem

"Remember the name" -Fort minor

"Hey ya!" -Outkast

"the darkside" -Hypertraxx

"Men in Black" -Will Smith

I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. The 90s and early 2000s were truely epic, most songs remind me of a time when hip-hop wasn't super mainstream, and good music was popular too :P

Edit: GOOD on you for putting Barber on that list! The tiesto version gives me a more nostalgic feeling personally, but that's probably because I knew of the song (original barber version) before it was immensely overused about 9/11

You'll never walk alone (the Gerry and the Pacemakers version)

It was sung at the end of sixth grade, which here means you go from elementary to secondary school. There was a huge party at the end of that year, a farewell party, and this is the last song we sang before the final bell rang.

Guest Mrmegakirby

The earliest songs I can remember listening to were from when I was around 3 years old. Lemon tree, by Peter Paul and Mary, puff the magic dragon, by Peter Paul and Mary, and hey Jude, by the Beatles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNKhm09Q88

Goldfinger - Superman and the game i nostalgia about.

Tony Hawks was one of the first games i bought myself, remember spending hours on it with my friends and that song is the one i most remember.

Theres probably some other songs that remind me of other stuff but thats the one i can recall at the minute.

holy hell that song

i also get nostalgia'd when i hear police truck by dead kennedys

ah, tony hawk.

Various albums and single songs usually reminds me of the past.

:mrgreen:

I always listen to them while playing Runescape. :thumbsup:

boulevard of broken dreams - green day

the soundtrack for matt hoffmans pro bmx like bombs over baghdad - outkast an fools gold - stone roses etc

numb, this is war and how can i live - ill nino

prayer - disturbed

anxiety - black eyed peas

somewhere i belong - linkin park

remember the name - fort minor

adams song - blink 182

the whole chuck album - sum 41

sweet child of mine - guns and roses

what a great night - hilltop hoods

rest in pieces - saliva

diluted - slipknot

a cold day in hell - parkway drive

anything by story of the year

the eminem show album - eminem

I could go on..

Walla Walla - Offspring -> When I was about 8 me and my little brother (hes 5 years younger then me) used to play it a lot. I think there was 3 songs on the CD. Fly for a white guy, Walla Walla and something else. Used to jump around on the beds and everything.

My name is - guy with a stupidly annoying name to spell ->I remember trying to right down the lyrics for an English assignment. Little did I know you could just print them off the internet...

Basket Case - Green Day -> Back when I was just starting high schools

Where is the love - Black Eyed peas -> Holiday in Sri Lanka

Don't Stop Believing - Journey -> Loved this song every since I heard it on ..... Family Guy. Reminds me of the last holiday to the Maldives as it was played quite a bit there.

All Summer long - Kid Rock -> Got played at my sisters wedding about 5 times at the night party.

Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi -> a few memories here. Screaming rock on through the window of the car while on the way to my first festival (this playing pretty loudly in the back ground), watching a tribute band perform it in the middle of a muddy field and various moments when its been playing and people look at me as if to say do it. Which gets followed by a completely random flail of the hair and middle of the room air guitar.

Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams -> Like living on a prayer theres a lot mainly my 18th, Maldives and a few random parties.

Panama - Van Halen -> Freezing cold shed, drinking cans of beer, listening 80s rock full blast with a lot of ex-bikers, rockers and such. Fun times pretty much scared my whole family that I could pick out pretty much 90% of the bands and songs which was getting played.

I really should post a image of me on these forums so that the last one make more sense.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Hm. I had a playlist made up of Black Eyed Peas, Outkast and some other random songs that came out in the early 2000's.

Whenever I hear them I flashback to roleplaying on the Neopets forums when I was like 12.

"High school students with superpowers? I AM SO THERE."

"Lab subjects with superpowers? COUNT ME IN."

"Neopet high? DON'T MIND IF I DO."

I'm sure I've still got some of my terrible character profiles rotting on my hard drive somewhere. Kinda sad that I'm nostalgia'ing about lame stuff like that, but I met so many awesome friends through Neopets. >_<

Oh, and the JSRF soundtrack. So goddamned catchy, I always had it playing whenever I played my Xbox.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNKhm09Q88

Goldfinger - Superman and the game i nostalgia about.

Tony Hawks was one of the first games i bought myself, remember spending hours on it with my friends and that song is the one i most remember.

Theres probably some other songs that remind me of other stuff but thats the one i can recall at the minute.

TRUE

Seconding this, so many memories lol.

Oh god, yes.

I remember those games.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• 2 weeks later...