Uses for the staff of light

halo475

Here's the real question... how the hell does a wyrm with no hands/pockets hold a staff?

How does brine rats hold a sabres? How does goblins with no weapons hold spears? How does bloodveld hold metal boots fit for a human?

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The staff looks bad and the void mace is related to guthix etc? Why would you even care lol. I really think you're taking gods and stuff like that way too seriously.

So basically the staff's melee stats suck so the special isn't as good as it seems, its mage damage bonus may be 15% but other staves still outhit it and it's a little expensive. I thought it'd have more uses but apparently it's only good for mage slaying or something.

Would still use it for dks though, 1 less damage but not having to cast charge and 1/8 runes saved doesn't sound bad. I mean are crashers actually going to be able to crash you just because your max is 1 lower? Just flash 15% mage or leech mage or w/e.

If I did fine crashing people with void mace while I have one myself, then I'm quite sure someone using a SOL will have to give up quite fast. The only thing that'll matter soon is whether you have a hexcrest and a dagganoth task or not. Unless you have both you won't find a full world anymore, and probably won't be able to crash your way into one either.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Here's the real question... how the hell does a wyrm with no hands/pockets hold a staff?

How does brine rats hold a sabres? How does goblins with no weapons hold spears? How does bloodveld hold metal boots fit for a human?

*off-topic* I always figured most drops are from the people they defeated in the past tbh

Lord_Beloved.png

*off-topic* I always figured most drops are from the people they defeated in the past tbh

It's the same way they find car registration plates in the belly of a shark.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Doesn't it have 15% boost while all other wands/staffs have 10% boost?

So shouldn't it be used for most magic situations?

The problem is that there are spells available that hit 30 or more that require certain staffs.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The problem is that there are spells available that hit 30 or more that require certain staffs.

Ah ok. Thank you.

I imagine this would be decent in cwars in other teams lobby :P

Ah ok. Thank you.

I imagine this would be decent in cwars in other teams lobby :P

Ice barrage hits 30. It requires no specific staff. ice barrage+ staff of light is only one elss max hit than Zueriel's staff with miasmic barrage. And Zuriel's only lasts an hour.

So for minigames and mage training, go with the freaking staff of light.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Probably ate it while tunneling through ancient, underground ruins.

I'd say used to be a jungle there way back when, and they munched up an army of Icyne mages that would have made a quick and decisive victory over the godsword.

Probably ate it while tunneling through ancient, underground ruins.

I'd say used to be a jungle there way back when, and they munched up an army of Icyne mages that would have made a quick and decisive victory over the godsword.

The mages tried to ice barrage the wyrm, didn't they? The poor fools....

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Dumb? maybe for you, I aint using a staff some lunatics made, who fight to maintaint balance on a godforsaken island and worship some flying metal skull that symbolises nature and tries to "balance" out everything. I swear Guthix isnt as lame as he looks, he is quite a nice god actually, and a cool one. If only he didnt he didn't have all those foolish followers ruining his image he would be more appealing to the modern scaper.

If you read the description carefully you can see that the power harnessed by casting a god spell is actually "borrowed". Most borrowed things must be returned to their owners, in one way or another. And I am NOT going to pledge my eternal loyalty to Guthix just because I killed some fiends using his claw spell.

And its really only 2-3 hours? Sounds too litle.?

stop. taking. runescape. serious.

u_r_b_e_x.png

Dumb? maybe for you, I aint using a staff some lunatics made, who fight to maintaint balance on a godforsaken island and worship some flying metal skull that symbolises nature and tries to "balance" out everything. I swear Guthix isnt as lame as he looks, he is quite a nice god actually, and a cool one. If only he didnt he didn't have all those foolish followers ruining his image he would be more appealing to the modern scaper.

If you read the description carefully you can see that the power harnessed by casting a god spell is actually "borrowed". Most borrowed things must be returned to their owners, in one way or another. And I am NOT going to pledge my eternal loyalty to Guthix just because I killed some fiends using his claw spell.

MMORPG: Massively multiplayer online role-playing game

Hail Zamorak! We must capture this newly-discovered weapon so that it may be turned against the Saradominist wretches who originally owned it!

2dgucz6.png

MMORPG: Massively multiplayer online role-playing game

I'm all for the RPG element, until you start writing paragraphs about why you dislike a fake god.

u_r_b_e_x.png

I will definitely be buying one for Castle Wars. Only -3 magic defense compared to the master's wand, but the special would come in handy during runs to the enemy's base.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

How long do battle robes even last?

Not very long, the recharging fee needs to be lowered further.

Last time i had a full set, it lasted about half the time my barrows armor did.

50% rune return is pretty OP... charging it isnt a problem if you actually enjoy FoG

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

50% rune return is pretty OP... charging it isnt a problem if you actually enjoy FoG

How is that OP? and it takes a while, you get fed up with it after so long.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I don't know how long it takes to charge the robes, but FOG is definitely a cinch if you're high level with a good KO weapon.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

How is that OP? and it takes a while, you get fed up with it after so long.

Yeah how exactly is it OP? That's like saying range is overpowered because you get around 3/4 of your arrows back. Or considering range and mage are usually tanked, that's like saying melee is overpowered because it doesn't cost anything.

Honestly the Staff of Light should have been a 75% rune return to begin with. Then I'd actually think about using magic in PvM.

Stellactic.gif

Honestly the Staff of Light should have been a 75% rune return to begin with. Then I'd actually think about using magic in PvM.

The only reason stopping everyone from using mage in PvP is that it's expensive. Magic is MUCH more powerful than ranged or melee, if properly used. It can hit 9 times as much as melee or range (chins are a joke). It freezes. It can double/triple stack damage. It's significantly more accurate, even against pro mage gear. Only when you get up to opponents with spectrals + full arma will mage compare to range/melee.

It SHOULD be expensive. and very expensive.

75% rune return is laughable. Barrage at 500 gp? give me a break... mages would dominate if spells were that cheap.

75% rune return breaks parts of the game. Consider bursting lobs. 75% rune return would make it cost roughly 2K a crimson. if it's that cheap, there's no reason to do any other form of charm gathering other than barraging lobs. 50%, even, is almost too much... and is only balanced by the fact that you have to charge the robes.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Yeah how exactly is it OP? That's like saying range is overpowered because you get around 3/4 of your arrows back. Or considering range and mage are usually tanked, that's like saying melee is overpowered because it doesn't cost anything.

50% rune return isnt OP, since those druid robes take time to charge, time that could be spent collecting runes anyways.

75% rune return would just be ridiculous though

magic has always been a more expensive combat skill, a 75% rune return rate would just flip that upside down, mess up rune prices so bad, and risk making runecrafting much less profitable as people would no longer need as many runes to train magic, and would probably resort to combat magic to train magic instead of alching. i can only imagine the economic mayhem that would result

Naaxi.png

Staff of light + ely >> ags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xgR2t9v52Y

sigcopyaf.png

The only reason stopping everyone from using mage in PvP is that it's expensive. Magic is MUCH more powerful than ranged or melee, if properly used. It can hit 9 times as much as melee or range (chins are a joke). It freezes. It can double/triple stack damage. It's significantly more accurate, even against pro mage gear. Only when you get up to opponents with spectrals + full arma will mage compare to range/melee.

75% rune return is laughable. Barrage at 500 gp? give me a break... mages would dominate if spells were that cheap.

75% rune return breaks parts of the game. Consider bursting lobs. 75% rune return would make it cost roughly 2K a crimson. if it's that cheap, there's no reason to do any other form of charm gathering other than barraging lobs. 50%, even, is almost too much... and is only balanced by the fact that you have to charge the robes.

And that domination will end as soon as people start running around with karils x bow and a handcannon/darkbow. Meleers would run from every mage(there are no pure meleers out deep and freezes don't last forever).

Magic isn't invencible...

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

And that domination will end as soon as people start running around with karils x bow and a handcannon/darkbow. Meleers wouldn't run from every mage(there are no pure meleers out deep and freezes don't last forever).

Magic isn't invencible...

My point is that mage is more powerful than range, so it should be more expensive. Mage dominates melee, and can hold his own against a ranger, but not always vice versa.

And people already use range. lol. A proper mage can outrange rangers, and typically the dhide you see in wildy has puny mage defense.

sigcopyaf.png