Uses for the staff of light

halo475

Honestly the Staff of Light should have been a 75% rune return to begin with. Then I'd actually think about using magic in PvM.

The only reason stopping everyone from using mage in PvP is that it's expensive. Magic is MUCH more powerful than ranged or melee, if properly used. It can hit 9 times as much as melee or range (chins are a joke). It freezes. It can double/triple stack damage. It's significantly more accurate, even against pro mage gear. Only when you get up to opponents with spectrals + full arma will mage compare to range/melee.

It SHOULD be expensive. and very expensive.

75% rune return is laughable. Barrage at 500 gp? give me a break... mages would dominate if spells were that cheap.

75% rune return breaks parts of the game. Consider bursting lobs. 75% rune return would make it cost roughly 2K a crimson. if it's that cheap, there's no reason to do any other form of charm gathering other than barraging lobs. 50%, even, is almost too much... and is only balanced by the fact that you have to charge the robes.

And that domination will end as soon as people start running around with karils x bow and a handcannon/darkbow. Meleers wouldn't run from every mage(there are no pure meleers out deep and freezes don't last forever).

Magic isn't invencible...

My point is that mage is more powerful than range, so it should be more expensive. Mage dominates melee, and can hold his own against a ranger, but not always vice versa.

And people already use range. lol. A proper mage can outrange rangers, and typically the dhide you see in wildy has puny mage defense.

A ranger who knows what hes doing will not be stopped by a mage unless he has inferior levels, but then again that can be said about other styles.

And as I said, as soon as people notice what a mage can do, they'll adapt. Karils crossbow and a darkbow will wreck a mage.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the staff's spec takes away 50% damage, then if you also pray melee (also 50%) shouldn't it be 100% damage protection?

firstly, pray melee gives a 40% defence

secondly, it may be multiplicative not additive

thus that would translate to 70% protection, not 90%

Naaxi.png

Since the staff's spec takes away 50% damage, then if you also pray melee (also 50%) shouldn't it be 100% damage protection?

firstly, pray melee gives a 40% defence

secondly, it may be multiplicative not additive

thus that would translate to 70% protection, not 90%

^ Adding onto above.

Also deflect is 60% defense, which is 80% protection.

Staff + Deflect meelee + Divine = 88%? O.O Did I do that math right?

Tbh, magic is fine as it is now. No need to make more weapons. Only thing that I'd like would be a mage robe with better melee defence.

Its called ahrim :P

But the staff is fregging GODLY at zammy gwd for a tank

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Tbh, magic is fine as it is now. No need to make more weapons. Only thing that I'd like would be a mage robe with better melee defence.

Its called ahrim :P

But the staff is fregging GODLY at zammy gwd for a tank

Hey wkw. I's only good if you have like 5 people on your team... Then you can afford to sacrifice the attack power because kills are so quick anyway. I only duo/trio, so it's absolutely worthless for me to try it there. Anyway, it's still great if you want to barrows. I'd say its uses go like this: Maging > Barrows > Zammy GWD > CW, in terms of practicality.

guido_49.png