Silly fears

MPM

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiders. But not really. I don't freak out when I see a spider, that's not a big deal. It's when I see it and then I lose track of it. That creeps me out a little. I also put on a pair of pants once that had a fairly large spider in it. The squirming feeling... :-|

It's not serious arachnophobia at all though, I still catch spiders that I see inside the house at let them go outside instead of killing them. The only things I kill if I have a choice to do otherwise are mosquitoes.

Once I was drinking out of one of those Nike water bottles, I put it down, left the room for a minute, came back and took a sip. Apparently when I was gone, a spider had crawled into the water bottle so I couldn't see it but it wasn't actually in the water... Yeah, spider in my mouth... I can't even describe with words how much I freaked out.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Everything kind of... This is basically a fear. Whenever I'm about to do anything that could involve pain I see a 3-5 second "video" playing in my head of that coming true. Examples:

Going down a street in my neighborhood, a ball gets kicked into the street, I brake with plenty of room ofc, and the kid goes out and retrievs the ball. But while thats happening I see this "video" os the only word to describe it where I hadn't stopped and I ran the kid over and blood was everywhere.

Or

I was cutting meat with the meat slicer, and I cut it normally no problem at all. But then I see the vision I guess you could say and I sneeze and maim my hand off.

Or, almost slip on the floor, and have the vision of hitting the floor and splitting my head open.

This happens literally probably 80-90 times a day. Anything in the world can trigger them, and whenever it happens I feel the pain in that part of the body. I.e. my wrist starts hurting like hell with the meat slicer, or my head starts throbbing with the floor, and my heart starts racing and palms get sweaty during every vision. Pretty much keeps me too scared to do anything, thus making it a 'silly' fear since in each instance no danger has ever actually occured.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Everything kind of... This is basically a fear. Whenever I'm about to do anything that could involve pain I see a 3-5 second "video" playing in my head of that coming true. Examples:

Going down a street in my neighborhood, a ball gets kicked into the street, I brake with plenty of room ofc, and the kid goes out and retrievs the ball. But while thats happening I see this "video" os the only word to describe it where I hadn't stopped and I ran the kid over and blood was everywhere.

Or

I was cutting meat with the meat slicer, and I cut it normally no problem at all. But then I see the vision I guess you could say and I sneeze and maim my hand off.

Or, almost slip on the floor, and have the vision of hitting the floor and splitting my head open.

This happens literally probably 80-90 times a day. Anything in the world can trigger them, and whenever it happens I feel the pain in that part of the body. I.e. my wrist starts hurting like hell with the meat slicer, or my head starts throbbing with the floor, and my heart starts racing and palms get sweaty during every vision. Pretty much keeps me too scared to do anything, thus making it a 'silly' fear since in each instance no danger has ever actually occured.

Sounds like final destination

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Or

Something similar happens to me, but I have found I can ignore them.

C2b6gs7.png

Talking on phones. I avoid it at all costs, and I have no idea why. If I have to do it, I get all nervous and my voice gets shaky.

Ditto this; I have phone anxiety immensely...

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I don't even think about it much, but I fear silence. Not like akward silences or anything like that, but just silence. Pure silence with no sound whatsoever. I do as much as I can to avoid it, like having the tv on in the other room, humming computer, sound machine when I go to bed, etc. I rarely ever experience pure silence and it's always unnerving to an insane degree.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

When I walk down stairs, I get a horrible feeling that I'm being followed or watched, so I proceed to run or jump down, or otherwise just get down as fast as possible.

This, minus the stairs.When I'm sitting alone, I akways fee as though in being watched and sometimes I get to the point where I'll check the house wielding a kitchen knife. >.>

There is one other minor silly fear, although I've gotten over it somewhat. I always get a very disturbed feeling when an

sound inturrupts late night tv. The sound, followed by the thoughts of all the things that could possibly happen to the victim make my hairs stand on end.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I don't have it - but theres something along the lines of "antaphobia". Somehow, somewhere, a duck is watching you.

[hide]633858675897434810-anatidaephobia.jpg[/hide]

It's also in the Far side comics isn't it?

I used to be scared of someone breaking into our house at night, so I would sleep with my katana. This was back when I was like, 12 or something.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

As said before, mirrors and the stairs thing, but it's only if i'm the only one home, or at night when everybody is asleep.

Also sometimes when it's dead quiet, that freaks me out. I have to have music on or something.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Closed shower curtains.

What if something is behind it??

Omg same.

But mainly spiders. I hate them so much. My little cousin got a freaking REMOTE CONTROLLED SPIDER for Christmas and brought it to my house. Oh God I nearly died so many times. I hate children.

I hate being alone at home and there just being complete silence... It just creeps me out, especially when it is dark. I guess I am paranoid something is creeping up on me, making not a sound.

vizardsig-1.png

Agreed with talking on phones. If I'm the only one at home, I will ignore the phone completely. I swear, I am never ever having a landline when I move out.

Yeah, I miss a lot of important calls because of it. Face-to-face or through written/typed communication I'm fine with, but I can't use a phone.

I, too, will probably not have a landline, unless I live with somebody who wants one.

Anyway, I have a problem with windows that aren't covered by blinds.

OMFG?! I thought that was only me!! A childhood filled with episodes of Ghost Busters and Indian horror movies have gotten to me... *breaks down in fear*

Anyway, a few notable things that make me [cabbage] my pants are: black people.

Lol, but no. It's actually Jews.

... Lol, once again, just teh jokes. I get freaked out when I'm about to go to sleep. I always have to have my closet closed and my windows locked/covered by blinds. I also have a habit of covering my face with my sheets or pillows when I go to sleep. Just the thought of having my face naked... Don't know, lol.

guido_49.png