demby123

11-Feb-2010 - RuneScape Q&A - Content Team

The next round of Q&A responses come from Mod Fetzki, the Head of RuneScape, and other members of the RuneScape Content Team, including Paul Gower.

The questions answered in this batch deal with the RuneScape game, what updates we have planned, and the choices that we have made about RuneScape's future. We’ve posted the questions and answers on this forum thread, so you can discuss the answers.

Mod Fetzki and Paul's live Q&A session will be held on the forums today, starting at 5pm (GMT). Players will be able to post questions in this thread; answers will be posted in this thread.

The RuneScape Content Team received a lot of questions, as you could probably imagine, so to make sure we get to answer as many as possible, we are also planning to publish a second batch of answers next week.

Mod Kelvin

Head of Community Management

From what i've read so far, I think its safe to say the new skill will be non-combat, and could possibly be a character development skill.

Discuss.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

royiel is a tifer

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

new skill requires skill in combat? Sounds great.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

New Skill Observations from Content QA

Skill release date:

* Not this month

* Closer to middle of the year than the end

skill requirements/usage

* will not effect Combat Lvl

* training the skill will include aspects of most current skills

* aspects of the skill will be useful in PvP (PvE?)

* the new skill DOES take you beyond the current free map

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

I was late getting back to my computer, Demby you might want to hide tag the questions, it's quite the scroll-down! they've revealed info on skill eg no money required (WOOT) so I'm happy, I hope there's some tasty questions!

Will there be a new high-level dungeon this year? And can we have some more hints about the new skill?

Gun Masters1

Yes, there will be high-level dungeons being launched this year.

Will be there any new dragon armour/weapons coming out?

lew neal960

None currently planned; we are looking at higher levels at the moment.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

yeah just get rid of all the text and post a qfc or something

also

I cannot say it has nothing to do with boats because a ship is featuring in it quite prominently, but I can repeat that it is not Sailing or anything like that. The skill doesn't start with a ‘B’. It won't be expensive.

varrock museum boat?

2. Do you plan on telling players what the new skill is before it comes out?

2. No.

i quite enjoyed the build up and teasers to summoning :(

There's been some ok questions so far, this time it hasn't been "wen new skill, wat is new skill, can u tel us the name of skill, i herd ther skill this year, skill skill skill" yet..

also

I cannot say it has nothing to do with boats because a ship is featuring in it quite prominently, but I can repeat that it is not Sailing or anything like that. The skill doesn't start with a B. It won't be expensive.

varrock museum boat?

2. No.

Oh, I'm quite the opposite. I loved it when they only mentioned Construction with "Teletabs and chairs you can sit on!".

20477083.gif

[Whip drops: 13]

Took a while to read that, I've half forgotten some of my points. Let me think, F2P updates (new weapon, skill, boss) sound exciting and I am definitely looking forwards to them. The new skill in particular, takes us beyond the current map and not requiring money, some sort of exploring/dungeon crawl imo. The amount of answers saying "we can't tell you but you'll love it" weren't as high a % as I expected, but still quite a few. I've gotta say that they revealed more than I expected. Well done Content Team <3

also

I cannot say it has nothing to do with boats because a ship is featuring in it quite prominently, but I can repeat that it is not Sailing or anything like that. The skill doesn't start with a B. It won't be expensive.

varrock museum boat?

2. No.

Oh, I'm quite the opposite. I loved it when they only mentioned Construction with "Teletabs and chairs you can sit on!".

I agree with you, nothing like being caught and the overwhelming thing of having 10 mins on update counter to read up on skill and actually do it, where-as summoning overhyped and Jagex had to come out with several posts saying what it is meant to do :P

Jesus Christ 90% of them ask the same [bleep]ing question. They should come up with more original questions tso we get more information then "What is the new skill","when is it coming out", and "will it be a money sink". Hell I could;ve answered 90% of the questions.

[/rant]

Some people annoy me.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

MY god people are stupid.

"Tell us what the new skill is"

"No"

Repeat Ad Nauseum.

I think they should just ignore any questions on the skill and focus on some real issues in the game.

asrhasrh.jpg

3. Pures have their legitimate place in RuneScape and we don't think we should limit how people can choose to level. It is against every mechanic that RuneScape has.

people have waited years to hear this

Now the already-arrogant few are gonna get more arrogant. Onoes!

When can we expect the new skill? What is it? Any hints? Can you confirm it has nothing to do with boats? Can you confirm it doesn't begin with a ‘B’? Necromancy? Archaeology? Can you say anything about those two things? Can you say whether it will be expensive, fast or slow XP, or anything of the sort?

Minifootyguy

I cannot say it has nothing to do with boats because a ship is featuring in it quite prominently, but I can repeat that it is not Sailing or anything like that. The skill doesn't start with a ‘B’. It won't be expensive.

Mod Fetzki

It's Piracy. Obviously.

I wish jagex would skip skill questions, in the words of Mr Garisson "there are no stupid questions, just stupid people" and I have questions that have been getting dodged for a while now I want answering (Page-8, please reach that far :P)

I do wish they wouldn't answer the same questions repeatedly. If you answered that the skill is coming out towards the middle of the year don't answer another question asking almost the exact same thing. :rolleyes:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I do wish they wouldn't answer the same questions repeatedly. If you answered that the skill is coming out towards the middle of the year don't answer another question asking almost the exact same thing. :rolleyes:

I know right! :evil: that really pushes my buttons *raaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... continue to page 5...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... page 8....eeeee* ok we're done here :grin:

These Q&A sessions are almost unreadable because of the idiots asking the same inane questions over and over again. I'd rather they just answer 5-10 pertinent questions than this.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Interesting Q&A, they made a pretty good stand against high lvl F2P content and clearly stated that members pay their wages and are more deserving of high level updates.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

These Q&A sessions are almost unreadable because of the idiots asking the same inane questions over and over again. I'd rather they just answer 5-10 pertinent questions than this.

My solution is to censor the word strand of "New Skill" which will be "*** *****"

From the live Q&A

Q g) Quests are my favourite aspect of RuneScape, and I absoluetly love your Quests Mod Paul, so over to you... what Quest are you most excited about this year? (Other than Mahjarrat :P!)

A g) A new Wise old man quest.

O_O wonder what they have planned here

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape