MTK- "The storerooms are full!"

Kaphias

My brother has been continually upkeeping his MTK without collecting for just over a year now, and this morning when he went to get his approval rating up a message popped up and told him that the storerooms were full and that he should go talk to Advisor Ghrim (to collect, I assume).

1. Has anyone else ever seen this message?

2. Is there somewhere that the limits are listed?

3. Will the workers keep taking money if he doesn't collect?

Thanks. :)

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

My brother has been continually upkeeping his MTK without collecting for just over a year now, and this morning when he went to get his approval rating up a message popped up and told him that the storerooms were full and that he should go talk to Advisor Ghrim (to collect, I assume).

1. Has anyone else ever seen this message?

2. Is there somewhere that the limits are listed?

3. Will the workers keep taking money if he doesn't collect?

Thanks. :)

we've seen this before, but nobody has really taken data on what happens

so no i don't think any but maybe a handful of players know what the limit is and if the workers will keep taking money, and these players havent spoken up about this matter.

Naaxi.png

Probably because it takes like a year to reach said limit and ther is absolutely no logical reason to leave it so long between emptyings as it just measn you are putting 525k in a week and getting nothing back for months on end.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If he doesn't know, make sure he does: he should switch the collection to 10 Herb and 5 Maple wood before collecting. (You are able to switch before collecting, just choose "no" at first.) I'd be really interested to see what he got out the deal. Can you post a list of everything? (Also, could he empty all nests and show what they have, if possible?)

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Probably because it takes like a year to reach said limit and ther is absolutely no logical reason to leave it so long between emptyings as it just measn you are putting 525k in a week and getting nothing back for months on end.

I keep kingdom running as long as I can (barring impatience) to reduce roundoff error

ANYWAYS I did some research for you

max storerooms is ~ 231 days, or 17.5 million gp

and no money is not taken from the coffers once the storerooms are full

Naaxi.png

I keep kingdom running as long as I can (barring impatience) to reduce roundoff error

ANYWAYS I did some research for you

max storerooms is ~ 231 days, or 17.5 million gp

and no money is not taken from the coffers once the storerooms are full

more days wont fix round off error, good timing will.

Eg if a resource gets 7.5 a day no matter how long u leave it an odd number of days will have rounding loss an even won't

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thats interesting o.O

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Eg if a resource gets 7.5 a day no matter how long u leave it an odd number of days will have rounding loss an even won't

it depends, certain resources like maples and flax are easy to account for round off error, because the amount of gp spent per resource is a nice number (56.0 and 40.0 respectively)

this isn't necessarily the case for other resources (raw fish and herbs)

In which case, more money is an effective, albeit brute force way to reduce round off error.

Naaxi.png

it depends, certain resources like maples and flax are easy to account for round off error, because the amount of gp spent per resource is a nice number (56.0 and 40.0 respectively)

this isn't necessarily the case for other resources (raw fish and herbs)

In which case, more money is an effective, albeit brute force way to reduce round off error.

As I said no its not.

Coal is 91.6 each

So 1 worker gets 54.6 a day

So day 1 54.6

2) 109.2

3) 163.8

4) 218.4

5) 273

Its on a 5 day cycle of .6, .2, .8, .4, .0

So whether you wait 5 days or 110 days you're gonna abate rounding lose.

Any decimal that repeats will go in a pattern and hit .0 at the end of each cycle of said pattern.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

As I said no its not.

Coal is 91.6 each

So 1 worker gets 54.6 a day

So day 1 54.6

2) 109.2

3) 163.8

4) 218.4

5) 273

Its on a 5 day cycle of .6, .2, .8, .4, .0

So whether you wait 5 days or 110 days you're gonna abate rounding lose.

Any decimal that repeats will go in a pattern and hit .0 at the end of each cycle of said pattern.

I see you're reasoning, but that's not the problem. The problem is that the data on tip.it (and other websites) are wrong, with a degree of error.

Tip.it's manage thy kingdom guide data was taken after 1 day of manage thy kingdom. This results in roundoff error, the values are slightly higher than what they should be.

For example:

the guide says maples are 56.1. So if according to the tip.it guide, 14 days of kingdom kept at 100% with 10 workers on maples should yield 12477 maples

In reality, you get exactly 12500 maples, indicating that maples are actually 56.0

And the 0.1 was roundoff error caused from taking the data.

coal is actually somewhere between 91.4-91.6

Herbs is actually 819.67 - 826.4

anyways the point is that all of these are VERY ugly numbers. We don't know for sure if coal is 91.4 or 91.5 or 91.6 or even 91.431524.

the data on tip.it's guide is simply unreliable

and lets go ahead and assume that we KNOW coal is 91.5 gp per coal. Putting 10 workers on coal, it would take 183 days at 100% every single day in order for the round off error to fall to 0

That's just not practical

Naaxi.png

That however does not alter the fact that no matter how ugly the decimals extra days does not equate to less round off error.

As the decimals will all always go in a cycle.

.1 would have a 10 cycle to hit .0 (.1 .2 .3 .4 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 .0)

.2 would have 5 to hit .0 (.2 .4 .6 .8 .0)

.3 .has 10 (.3 .6 .9 .2 .5 .8 .1 .4 .7 .0)

.4 has 5 (.4 .8 .2 .6 .0)

.5 is 2 (.5 .0)

.6 is 5 (.6 .2 .8 .4 .0)

.7 has 10 (.7 .4 .1 .8 .5 .2 .9 .6 .3 .0)

.8 has 5 (.8 .6 .4 .2 .0)

.9 is a 10 (.9 .8 .7 .6 .5 .4 .3 .2 .1 .0)

So no matter how complicated the decimals are it is 100% solid fact simply leaving it longer will no negate the rounding error. Working out the decimals you will ALWAYS have a set cycle it will take before it hits a whole number, miss that by a day and your back in the same error margin you started with.

To use your example 91.5 coal price, 10 workers

50,000/91.5 is 546.45

So

20 decimals endings and the pattern has started over

So leaving it 20 days, 40 days, 60 days, 80 days, 100 days etc all yield no decimal lose. Anything inbetween yeilds a varying decimal lose

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That however does not alter the fact that no matter how ugly the decimals extra days does not equate to less round off error.

As the decimals will all always go in a cycle.

.1 would have a 10 cycle to hit .0 (.1 .2 .3 .4 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 .0)

.2 would have 5 to hit .0 (.2 .4 .6 .8 .0)

.3 .has 10 (.3 .6 .9 .2 .5 .8 .1 .4 .7 .0)

.4 has 5 (.4 .8 .2 .6 .0)

.5 is 2 (.5 .0)

.6 is 5 (.6 .2 .8 .4 .0)

.7 has 10 (.7 .4 .1 .8 .5 .2 .9 .6 .3 .0)

.8 has 5 (.8 .6 .4 .2 .0)

.9 is a 10 (.9 .8 .7 .6 .5 .4 .3 .2 .1 .0)

So no matter how complicated the decimals are it is 100% solid fact simply leaving it longer will no negate the rounding error. Working out the decimals you will ALWAYS have a set cycle it will take before it hits a whole number, miss that by a day and your back in the same error margin you started with

This is true Paw, the cycle will guarantee that you will receive a one of a set decimal errors each time you withdraw

If i wait 100 days or 2 days, for all i know i could have the same decimal error.

For arguments sake lets say we have 10 cycle error

so withdrawing at day 11 and day 101 produces the same error of 0.5 loss

the thing is i will only experience the 0.5 loss once over the course of 101 days

if i withdraw every 11 days, i will receive the 0.5 loss every 11 days

withdrawing every 101 days results in a loss of 0.00495 per day

whereas every 11 days results in a loss of 0.0454545 per day

the loss per withdrawal isnt affected by waiting longer, but the loss per day is.

Naaxi.png

Like I said in my original post:

Its not about waiting ages its about knowing your timing.

If you know your timing to avoid decimal lose you dont need to wait ages to minimise it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Like I said in my original post:

Its not about waiting ages its about knowing your timing.

If you know your timing to avoid decimal lose you dont need to wait ages to minimise it

and my point is that due to inaccuracies in data in guides, it's not practical for us to know the timing.

Naaxi.png

That assumes you follow guides religiously

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Waiting hundreds of days to negate losing .5 of a log or w/e seems like a lot of effort for marginal gains imo

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Waiting hundreds of days to negate losing .5 of a log or w/e seems like a lot of effort for marginal gains imo

Lol I was also about to post they should've mined the 1 coal profit in the time of typing all these stuff :D

Yeah to me going once a week to get bk up to 100% from mid 90s and collecting and losing maybe 1.5 of a resource at most seems better to me than waiting hundreds of days and losing like 5 - 10 mins a day to keep at 100%. As in that 5 - 10 minutes a day you could easily get 5+ of w/e resource or an equivilent

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Please post back and let us all know what he's going to be flooding the market with. <_<

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Note that he didn't up his approval every day, it was more like once a week. I'm a bit befuddled by the numbers that it maxed out at, I honestly thought that they would be "pretty" numbers.

Tims_MTK_21410.png

Totaled about 80M.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

one comment

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

~~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Note that he didn't up his approval every day, it was more like once a week. I'm a bit befuddled by the numbers that it maxed out at, I honestly thought that they would be "pretty" numbers.

Tims_MTK_21410.png

Totaled about 80M.

Holy [cabbage]. 80M? OMFG God damn. Very nice.

guido_49.png