Fire cape compromise. New post by Mod Chris L.

Obtaurian

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo? If something you didnt like was update by jagex you wouldnt argue it? Stating their point isnt whining the whiners won and now the Elite members are angry at Jagex being sissies, End.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

I don't know. I'm indifferent at this point. I understand the point of keeping high requirements, but I also don't think Slayer should be about boss fights. Even if it's optional, I'm happy some people made a stand so as to sort of stamp out the initial stages of this trend.

If they let us kill them with an option other than the fire cape, fine, otherwise, oh well guess I won't be able to fight a Slayer monster I'm apparently supposed to be able to kill. Because in the eyes of everyone else apparently I don't deserve my Slayer level simply because I can't kill, nor want to kill Jad.

I think that Fire cape owners should get an advantage at least, but I don't want bosses in Slayer. I do think that everyone pro-fire cape is over-reacting a little bit. From what I've seen of most of the anti-Jad posters, they do have some sort of valid argument and have tried Jad numerous times. I think there's even a 40-year old on there, and I think he really needs a hug after this past week and a half.

So I guess we'll see what's what tomorrow. Either way I don't care anymore. :mellow:

double post

Edit allows you to say that without it becoming a triple post

OT:

No I don't have 93 slayer. I probably won't even get it this year. But I cannot stand the idea of Jagex caving in once again on an update that was fine to start with.

The ONLY compromise that would have an ounce of credability for me would be "Fake fire cape if you die to jad 30+ times".

That way people would actually get off their [wagon] and give it a proper go. And hell, some of them might even get the cape.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

You know what's an easy compromise? If you don't have a Firecape, Kuradel won't assign Ice Strykewyrms. What's wrong with that? Why all the need for this hubbub? I mean really...is it that confusing of an issue?

Having unique slayer monsters with requirements like these will help liven up the Slayer Skill from the mundane monster killing to something that's somewhat unique. (GASP! I KNOW! REVOLUTIONARY CONCEPT! -_-) It needs to stay in place, and Kuradel just shouldn't assign them to non-firecape owners. Endof.

hzvjpwS.gif

If any one wants to support me I have also made a topic in Jagex Lite. I am going to sleep now as I'm up at 9:45 and it's 3am now. So night people. Lets try and keep some hope in Jagex eh? I know I want to :/

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

You know what's an easy compromise? If you don't have a Firecape, Kuradel won't assign Ice Strykewyrms. What's wrong with that? Why all the need for this hubbub? I mean really...is it that confusing of an issue?

Having unique slayer monsters with requirements like these will help liven up the Slayer Skill from the mundane monster killing to something that's somewhat unique. (GASP! I KNOW! REVOLUTIONARY CONCEPT! -_-) It needs to stay in place, and Kuradel just shouldn't assign them to non-firecape owners. Endof.

You can't get assigned them unless you're wearing a cape...

If you could, then I actually might agree with the whiners.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Wow, really? Then what's the issue? GAH! Sometimes, I really hate people.

:wall:

hzvjpwS.gif

Wow, really? Then what's the issue? GAH! Sometimes, I really hate people.

:wall:

It's the fact that they don't have the cape yet might have the level so they can't get a 10m+ (didn't bother keeping an eye on it) staff to sell on the street for 50m+? Therefore because they can't be assigned them that's discriminating that is. :wall:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I think it's most likely because the goal of all Slayers seems to be to kill the monsters that drop shiny things (10m+ staff sound familiar?). I'm quite sure anybody excluded via the fire cape wouldn't be happy with that. While I'm trying to remain unbiased here, you've gotta look at it from a hardcore Slayer without a fire cape's perspective; "I already have the level to kill those but a minigame is preventing me!?" Can you see where the hubbub begins at least? :wink:

In all honesty I do not have a fire cape and will not gt one if it is not required, but I would still like if they did not back down on this on principal...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I think it's most likely because the goal of all Slayers seems to be to kill the monsters that drop shiny things (10m+ staff sound familiar?). I'm quite sure anybody excluded via the fire cape wouldn't be happy with that. While I'm trying to remain unbiased here, you've gotta look at it from a hardcore Slayer without a fire cape's perspective; "I already have the level to kill those but a minigame is preventing me!?" Can you see where the hubbub begins at least? :wink:

No, I can't. Jad is a slayer task. Any slayer who uses Kuradal should have had at least a few of those by now.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

"I already have the level to kill those but a minigame is preventing me!?" Can you see where the hubbub begins at least? :wink:

Not really much difficult than having a slayer monster that, say, requires a quest to access.

Personally my thing with the fire cape req is that a quest can be done without a chance of failure and wasting X hours doing it over and over with nothing to show for it.

yes.png

"I already have the level to kill those but a minigame is preventing me!?" Can you see where the hubbub begins at least? :wink:

Not really much difficult than having a slayer monster that, say, requires a quest to access.

Personally my thing with the fire cape req is that a quest can be done without a chance of failure and wasting X hours doing it over and over with nothing to show for it.

Summer's End.

While Guthix Sleeps.

Nomad's Requiem.

Mourning's End Pt. II.

Need I continue?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

So they stepped up the difficulty. What's wrong with making the game, which has undeniably become easier over the years, a little bit more difficult? Had Nomad's Requiem released with a slayer monster, people would still whine because of the challenge. (Irregardless of whether or not you might find it easy, mind you. Some people had difficulty with it, just like some people find Fight Caves incredibly easy.)

It's a good thing--a hard thing to get used to, as change often is, but overall a good thing indeed.

hzvjpwS.gif

Summer's End.

While Guthix Sleeps.

Nomad's Requiem.

Mourning's End Pt. II.

Need I continue?

Summer's End: It doesn't take 2 hours to get to the boss, and if you die you're forced to spend another 2 hours getting to it again.

White guthix Sleeps: It's not like if you die at the very end of the quest you're forced to restart it. Plus it's not difficult.

Nomad's Requiem: The boss only takes a few minutes, and if you die you can go right back to him and try it again.

Mournings End Pt. II.: When you leave the area the mirrors don't get reset, so it really isn't much of a challenge as it is a puzzle.

No amount of Quest compares to Jad, because with Jad you waste hours of your life with nothing in return if you die. At least with quests if you die you can start right back where you started. Which in my opinion is the only reason I have decided to beat Jad, is because if you die you just wasted time and membership.

Stellactic.gif

Life. Isn't. Fair.

Either get a fire cape, or don't kill them.

If you want zerker (I) you spend 20+ hours getting 300 MA ranks. Should be EASY to get a fire cape in 20 hours.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Summer's End.

While Guthix Sleeps.

Nomad's Requiem.

Mourning's End Pt. II.

Need I continue?

Summer's End: It doesn't take 2 hours to get to the boss, and if you die you're forced to spend another 2 hours getting to it again.

White guthix Sleeps: It's not like if you die at the very end of the quest you're forced to restart it. Plus it's not difficult.

Nomad's Requiem: The boss only takes a few minutes, and if you die you can go right back to him and try it again.

Mournings End Pt. II.: When you leave the area the mirrors don't get reset, so it really isn't much of a challenge as it is a puzzle.

No amount of Quest compares to Jad, because with Jad you waste hours of your life with nothing in return if you die. At least with quests if you die you can start right back where you started. Which in my opinion is the only reason I have decided to beat Jad, is because if you die you just wasted time and membership.

Pretty much what I was going to say

So they stepped up the difficulty. What's wrong with making the game, which has undeniably become easier over the years, a little bit more difficult? Had Nomad's Requiem released with a slayer monster, people would still whine because of the challenge. (Irregardless of whether or not you might find it easy, mind you. Some people had difficulty with it, just like some people find Fight Caves incredibly easy.)

It's a good thing--a hard thing to get used to, as change often is, but overall a good thing indeed.

Because killing jad has nothing to do with slayer. Sure, people can say oh but it's a combat skill, well that still doesn't mean jad has anything to do with slayer. Especially when their justification is to protect you from the cold, when it is a cape sitting on your back.

yes.png

Will have to wait and see what the compromise is to be honest, but most likely the fire cape won't be a requirement any more.

I think that the area that the wyrm are, will be seperated as a few "escaped" and the rest are still behind a "ice wall" that only the fire cape users can go in.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Very disappointing. No reason why people can't get a cape if they have 93 slay

I can name one reason: Laggy connections. Its the one main reason i will never attain a fire cape,,, (untill of coure better pc or internt, both i have to pay for comes along)

But i, Personally don't care otherwise, just that post above bugged me

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

I don't mind a challenge but I also don't think this is the proper place for one.

In my opinion, this situation is like asking someone to solo Bandos to be able to kill spiritual mages. It can be done by almost anyone given time and luck, but whats the point? Just to make something harder for the sake of making it harder? IMO 93 slayer is already hard enough to achieve.

Ya, the fire and ice concept makes sense, but I see no reason to require people to use a fire cape. The cape should simply make the task easier and give an advantage, not a requirement. As I mentioned in the other thread letting people with firecape's deal double damage would be a way to give a clear advantage by speeding up the task, but not required to do the task.

I don't see what the big issue is with changing the fire cape requirement. Why are people complaining about it being removed? Is it *that* bad of an issue to make something slightly more accessible to people who already have the slayer level to kill the creatures? Its not like you are letting people with 60 slayer go up and kill the things. If someone had a logical reason for making dark beasts killable without completing ME:II would you really be *that* upset about it?

I don't think many would complain about removing the requirement for using only leaf bladed/broad equipment on Turroths. Would people complain about Jagex removing the crystal chime requirement on warped birds/torts? So why are you complaining about them possibly removing the firecape on wyrms?