Fire cape compromise. New post by Mod Chris L.

Obtaurian

I myself am a level 94 Slayer and was absolutely gutted when I saw the fire cape requirement. Since the update I have tried twice to obtain one and both times failed when I got to TzTok-Jad. I've resolved to try the Fight Caves every Wednesday until I get it.

However, I agree with the Fire Cape requirement, I'm glad I've finally been pushed towards getting the cape, and when I finally get it, it'll feel great when I get my first Ice Strykewyrm task. Also I'm slightly worried that the compromise they introduce will diminish the value of the Staff of Light because I'm looking forward to getting a fair bit of $$$ when I finally get one as a drop.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind a challenge but I also don't think this is the proper place for one.

In my opinion, this situation is like asking someone to solo Bandos to be able to kill spiritual mages. It can be done by almost anyone given time and luck, but whats the point? Just to make something harder for the sake of making it harder? IMO 93 slayer is already hard enough to achieve.

Ya, the fire and ice concept makes sense, but I see no reason to require people to use a fire cape. The cape should simply make the task easier and give an advantage, not a requirement. As I mentioned in the other thread letting people with firecape's deal double damage would be a way to give a clear advantage by speeding up the task, but not required to do the task.

I don't see what the big issue is with changing the fire cape requirement. Why are people complaining about it being removed? Is it *that* bad of an issue to make something slightly more accessible to people who already have the slayer level to kill the creatures? Its not like you are letting people with 60 slayer go up and kill the things. If someone had a logical reason for making dark beasts killable without completing ME:II would you really be *that* upset about it?

I don't think many would complain about removing the requirement for using only leaf bladed/broad equipment on Turroths. So why are you complaining about them possibly removing the firecape on wyrms?

But, you see, we DISAGREE with you.93 slayer is easy enough. This makes the SOL and iceys more exclusive. Which is why they cant be camped.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Compromise:

"If you do not have a Fire Cape, you will have to do a sliding puzzle after each kill, much like the ones from Level 3 Cluescrolls."

Twi_RAGE_by_Karuiru.jpg

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

But, you see, we DISAGREE with you.93 slayer is easy enough. This makes the SOL and iceys more exclusive. Which is why they cant be camped.

I'm aware you disagree with me, but there are just as many that agree with me that disagree. I have 2 firecape's myself, so don't think i'm saying this just so I don't have to get the cape to kill them.

I would not say 93 slayer is easy at all. If it was easy, Why don't I have 93 slayer yet? Only about 17,000 people have 93 slayer. That's what, less than 1% of the Runescape population?

"Which is why they cant be camped."

The fact they can only be killed on assignment is what prevents them from being camped and keeps them exclusive, not the firecape requirement.

Like I said, the requirement is only making it harder for the sake of making it harder. I'm not trying to troll, but please at least understand the other point of view before you dismiss it as being un-important.

I understand the requirement is there for a reason, but I also don't feel a problem with they were to remove it either. If they want to remove it, they should be able to without people complaining about it. There is no reason to complain about it.

I'm not a 93 slayer nor do i have a firecape yet, but I don't think that the requirement to have a firecape to kill them is unfair. If you can "grind" to 93 slayer then you should be able to spend a couple hours to get a firecape. However, since they did say they were going to change it, I think they should do one of 2 things:

1. They should either make very few (maybe 2 or 3) available to kill outside the area they're in now that don't drop staffs.

Or...

2. They should allow those without a firecape into the caves to kill the icewyrms, but with a significantly lowered drop rate of the SoL and reduced damage done to the icewyms.

Just my take on the issue though <_<

7049be8d11.png

archsupportei2.png

Proudly achieved 99 fletching before the 'string x' option

Proudly achieved 99 firemaking before the Grand Exchange was introduced

Call me crazy but I alched all the way to 99 magic

How dumb is it to say that being uncampable is part of making them exclusive, but not needing a fire cape isn't? ANYTHING which makes them harder, more quests to get too, etc, makes them more exclusive.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

How dumb is it to say that being uncampable is part of making them exclusive, but not needing a fire cape isn't? ANYTHING which makes them harder, more quests to get too, etc, makes them more exclusive.

Why do they even need to be exclusive? So lucky slayers can get their hands on them and horde them to jack up their prices?

yes.png

Why do they even need to be exclusive? So lucky slayers can get their hands on them and horde them to jack up their prices?

That would be merchants. Of course, slayers probably do their share of hoarding as well. :roll:

They should drop eventually and be buyable in the GE soon enough, though. A slayer told me that he can get them often enough and that they aren't that rare to get as a drop.

SWAG

That would be merchants. Of course, slayers probably do their share of hoarding as well. :roll:

They should drop eventually and be buyable in the GE soon enough, though. A slayer told me that he can get them often enough and that they aren't that rare to get as a drop.

And how do merchants get the staff? From slayers that don't think, oh hey a new item time to sell on ge, they think about how much they can squeeze out of it via junk trading

yes.png

ok so after reading all this only thing i can say is WOW...

I spent 3 days getting stupid firecape to get iceworm tasks..... then after 50+ tasks i only get 3 and no staff...

over 5 desert tasks no focus...3 jungle no hex....

ok so my point is people are lazy i was lazy i complained about firecape cuz i didnt wana take time to do waves. I could easialy beat jad just whenever i failed i complained and said it was to hard. Jad wasent so bad around the 5th try its more of staying calm and focused more than skill... i mean im so sick of people saying.. your 93 slay blah blah hes should be easy?

1. no.... jad needs range for him to be easy, i know plenty of high levels who have low range.

2. what dose having max skills or high skills have to do with looking at a monster and changing prays? nothing

3. only benifit from having high levels is making waves go faster and less item use...

Firecape should stay a requirement becuse it is easy to get if you keep at it and learn the ropes

517zp3.jpg

Who said it is worth as much as an AGS (125m)?

The street price of the Staff of Light is only about 50 million now. It's also still hyped, so I don't expect it to stay at that price forever.

SWAG

The street price of the Staff of Light is only about 50 million now. It's also still hyped, so I don't expect it to stay at that price forever.

last i heard it was that much.

But the point remains at 50mil still. Its inconstant with other content. Why kill high hitting dangerous boss monsters when you can afk your way to 93 slayer and get your 50mil staff with no effort. Because obviously it takes no concentration or fighting skills if the 50 year olds on the forums are complaining that Jad is too hard...

True its going to drop, but personally i think the cape is the only thing that justified the reward

Jad isn't hard. It's impossible if your connection isn't the best or if your computer is older. Jagex stands by making runescape a game where any computer with any specs and any OS can play, and I don't think it's right if they are bringing out content that goes against that standard. Jad is already a bad piece of content because of this issue, and not to mention the only fun part about the fight caves is the fight with Jad, though the 2 hours to get with him is hell and is constant click and wait fighting. Personally I say Jagex should fix fight caves but that's a whole different story.

Stellactic.gif

But the point remains at 50mil still. Its inconstant with other content. Why kill high hitting dangerous boss monsters when you can afk your way to 93 slayer and get your 50mil staff with no effort. Because obviously it takes no concentration or fighting skills if the 50 year olds on the forums are complaining that Jad is too hard...

True its going to drop, but personally i think the cape is the only thing that justified the reward

Jad isn't hard. It's impossible if your connection isn't the best or if your computer is older. Jagex stands by making runescape a game where any computer with any specs and any OS can play, and I don't think it's right if they are bringing out content that goes against that standard. Jad is already a bad piece of content because of this issue, and not to mention the only fun part about the fight caves is the fight with Jad, though the 2 hours to get with him is hell and is constant click and wait fighting. Personally I say Jagex should fix fight caves but that's a whole different story.

Perhaps make it to where you can opt to "get another shot at TzTok-Jad" by speaking with the guard in front of the entrance to the Fight Caves? If you've made it to Jad before and lost, you would be able to skip the easy stuff that takes 2 hours to do. Would make it less likely to lose your connection if you can get it down with faster.

I don't have a fire cape myself since my Internet connection can be unreliable. It seems to disconnect more while on RuneScape... When just browsing the web, it seems to be fine on the most part.

SWAG

To play the devil's advocate, you don't have to wait 2 hours before getting to the boss fight in the God Wars Dungeon.

In Fight Caves, you can lose your progress if you disconnect in the middle of a wave. You get kicked out and have to start all over again.

SWAG

Very disappointing. No reason why people can't get a cape if they have 93 slay

I can name one reason: Laggy connections. Its the one main reason i will never attain a fire cape,,, (untill of coure better pc or internt, both i have to pay for comes along)

But i, Personally don't care otherwise, just that post above bugged me

And what's stopping you from going to a friend's house? A library?

C(21)H(30)O(2)

To play the devil's advocate, you don't have to wait 2 hours before getting to the boss fight in the God Wars Dungeon.

In Fight Caves, you can lose your progress if you disconnect in the middle of a wave. You get kicked out and have to start all over again.

For the people saying they have issues with reflexes and/or internet connection (and advocating the idea of 'time should be able to solve everything in RuneScape'), even if you remove the 2 hours of grinding prior to seeing Jad, they won't be able to beat it anyway, so what makes this point a legitimate argument?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I can name one reason: Laggy connections. Its the one main reason i will never attain a fire cape,,, (untill of coure better pc or internt, both i have to pay for comes along)

Sigh this is gonna turn into the new should f2p get skill capes debate isn't it?

For one you might be in the country where everyones internet connection is the same, if they have any at all.

2nd, just personally but the nearest library is a 3 hr round trip.

not everyone lives in a city where you can have anything in a 10 minute walk.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Sigh this is gonna turn into the new should f2p get skill capes debate isn't it?

For one you might be in the country where everyones internet connection is the same, if they have any at all.

Though most people live in a city where they could just go and get themselves a better internet connection, solving not only this Jad issue but also other issues they will have had with surfing/browsing on the internet.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Then don't play the game. Just because of your personal issues (no money to pay members, no good connection to fight Jad among other dangerous game content), doesn't mean that we compromise on everything. Is the world unfair? I'm glad you realised that. That applies even for a game.

But hey, Jagex won't hear us here. I need to devote more time to posting on the RSOF.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Then don't play the game. Just because of your personal issues (no money to pay members, no good connection to fight Jad among other dangerous game content), doesn't mean that we compromise on everything. Is the world unfair? I'm glad you realised that. That applies even for a game.

But hey, Jagex won't hear us here. I need to devote more time to posting on the RSOF.

Fine then lets start having country specific updates. I mean after all its not jagex's problem that you don't live in say pakistan. Same concept really just because you live in a certain area you are unable to access this content. And the world is only unfair because people like you refuse to try and change it.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Fine then lets start having country specific updates. I mean after all its not jagex's problem that you don't live in say pakistan. Same concept really just because you live in a certain area you are unable to access this content. And the world is only unfair because people like you refuse to try and change it.

Of course it's not Jagex's problem where I stay, or how much I have for membership/better internet connectivity, which is why they DON'T NEED to create country specific updates. I've lived through a time where a better connection would seem like too much of a luxury, and boss trips were a big no-no.

You're wasting energy seeking fairness in a game.

Zepheras.png

-F1775

Other than your eye-catching/burning signature, there's just something about your posts... That make me... Want to regurgitate a dead Australian Bull Frog from somewhere other than my mouth... God dammit, Carlton.

7512cb0635d640ba60c81db98980390f.jpg

I now demand of you to change your avatar... Do it nao!

OT:

I'll answer your post with rhetorical questions. If you want to answer them, then please, go ahead. I'll warn you though, I don't think they're meant to be answered.

Jad isn't hard... But he's hard to kill with a bad internet connection... Which law in the universe prevents someone from accessing a public library? Is it the definition of the word "public"? I don't get it. If Jagex designs a game that can only be played by laggy computers, then surely, that would give those with fast computers an unfair advantage. I suppose that goes with any type of technology. The best thing to do in this case would be to cater to the majority, which Jagex is doing in this case.

I used to play on a dail-up connection until about a year ago, and nothing lagged. The first fire cape I got was on my laptop with a barely functioning touch pad and I think 50 something Mbps running speed, which is about half that of a normal computer connection (dial-up or otherwise).

Another thing you said was that getting to Jad is boring. OK then. I'm glad you feel that way. I also think killing that 200+ of the same monster, thousands of blody times, is also a pain in the [wagon], but that's another story... But then again... If one wanted 93 slayer, one would have to accomplish that mind-numbing feat.

You're complaining about getting to Jad as being a pain, but what about getting to 93 slayer? Isn't that also a grind? If I recall correctly, you can log out between waves in Jad, so a smart and determined player can easily do 20 waves or so a day and get to Jad that way, without the horribly difficult killing of repetitive monsters that you're expressing such angst towards.

guido_49.png

"Most of the complaints were from older players who cant think fast enough to switch prayers. Im going to sound rude i know but IM SORRY NOT ALL CONTENT IS FOR YOU

Quoted for so much truth. It's not rude, it's the honest truth.

I wanna be in the NBA. But i'm not 6'4" and not a 20 year old kid. And I can't beat Lebron James one on one. But I practice a lot...I'm a level 93 basketball player! So how come I don't make millions? Heck, let's make it so no one can make millions for dribbling a ball since I can't. THIS is what their logic sounds like to me.

To be honest I see the same few people on the forums proclaiming "equal rights for older gamers" (which is basically what their arguemnt boils down to). Yet I know many 30+ gamers who have no problems with Jad, or God Wars, or whatever "old brains can't handle". Heck, I'm not exactly 16 myself, but I can still prayer switch and play Team Fortress 2/Call of Duty etc etc. Have they ever looked at themselves and just said: hey, maybe I just need to practice more, or watch a couple of Youtube vids., before trying to spoil an awesome update for evrybody else.

UGH. RSOF hurts my head. Its made me all ranty.

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?