Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.it Times 21 February 2010

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Earth_Poet
[ Display Name History ]

Earth_Poet

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Earth Poet

you have no right to anthing, be you 99 slayer, 200m hunter xp, or whatever. Jagex gives you the right to participate in its content. that is something to be humble about.

I was agreeing with you up to this point, then I shook my head. Paying customers do not bow down and act grateful for the privilege of giving them money to play the game no matter what. If members aren't happy and get tired of it, then they stop being members.

you pay for a service, you get what you pay for. I shake my head right back at you, paying customers in no company directly decide what company strategy is. That is a privalige reserved for shareholders. Paying customers, be they happy that something is on sale, or that their favorite shoe now comes in their favorite color, whatever, they have no influence on the company, and can only be happy that the company has chosen to do something they like. Maybe humble the right word or phrase. *plays English is my second language card* Jagex may refuse the right, as any other establisment, to serve any customer for any reason, that is their right. Jagex develops the game, not you, they choose and decide, you recieve new content and play. heck, they could stop giving out new content and demand the same membership price for membership features if they like, not that they should, will, or it is morally acceptable - they could and you could do NOTHING about it.

They can and then I don't have to pay.

A company doesn't have the right to take your money AND THEN refuse you service. I agree that Jagex holds all the cards and makes all the decisions. After all, they have a lot more to lose in this venture than I do. If I as a customer am on happy, then I can simply walk away and select from the thousands of other internet games on the market. If all the customers walk away from Jagex, however, no more Runescape. In that respect, it is in their best interest to listen to some of the feedback.
Posted Image

tortilliachp
[ Display Name History ]

tortilliachp

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,693 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:nacho

They can and then I don't have to pay.

A company doesn't have the right to take your money AND THEN refuse you service. I agree that Jagex holds all the cards and makes all the decisions. After all, they have a lot more to lose in this venture than I do. If I as a customer am on happy, then I can simply walk away and select from the thousands of other internet games on the market. If all the customers walk away from Jagex, however, no more Runescape. In that respect, it is in their best interest to listen to some of the feedback.

They guarantee "regular updates" nothing more. Yes it'd be smart, but people often vote with their feet, not their forum posts. Jagex may have statistics (well they have statistics, but we don't know what ones), that render a lot of forum feedback obsolete. Those who pay for members are also (at least those i speak with) members for long periods of time. Once you go pvp, few go back and remain playing the game actively.

I think we really agree though, so meh, might just be bellyaching.

gompo
[ Display Name History ]

gompo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Gompo
  • Clan:AESOP

i am a rarity, i like to click, i like to play a game that i earn levels and that determines wether or not i am able to do sommething in the game.

The thing is though that this is not the case. Just having the levels alone has not, for a long time (if ever), given us the right to do everything that level allows, quests and mini games have opened up new content. For example, try fishing for monks without Swan Song, or catching a leaping salmon without Barbarian Training, the appropriate fishing level alone does not allow you to do either.

As for you particular problems, Nomad will get easier in that he will become more familiar, strategies will be refined and agreed best techniques will, over time, be established. For Jad, you may find when you have more levels you can do what I did and nuke him, (turmoil, overload, veng & d claw specs), the fight was over in seconds - I didn't have time to click anything other than my special bar before he was dead.

well, i cant imagine nomad getting easy, i can reply to the barbarian training and the other quests.

while i am not sure of all the mini game requirements, i do know some of the D&Ds require levels, i earn what levels to be better at those. the quests almost always have minimum skill level requirements, barb training had minimum levels, and trust me, i didnt go after a mith dragon before i had levels that were well above what most others might think necessary to beat them. nomad hits you based on your level, no matter how good i get, i will never be able to earn an advantage.

i look for levels to tell me what i can do in the game, i do not mind failing as i can raise my level and make my skill less likely to fail. when i need to compete against other players, my levels do not matter, so i do not pvp or play in mini games against other players. i pretty much make all i use. i now need to be real life faster and require a better internet connection to beat npcs and play mini games just to finish quests or earn assignments.

i am not asking for anything to be given away for free, i am looking for creative alternitives i can earn using the skills that i can compete with other players with. let me make a non tradeable weapon i need 99 mining to mine the rare rock which in turn i need 99 smithing to make, and then need 99 crafting to add rare gems, and 99 mage to enchant. after all that, the weapon only works on nomad, and win or lose it dissinegrates after the fight.

i only have 99 in 2 of those skills, guess what i would work on if i could get an advantage that i can earn. but nooooooo i need real life skills and high speed internet and more of a brain than i have. gee thanks.

i am not a slacker, i am not asking for anything to be given away, i could care less how much something is "worth", i just want a way i can earn everything with the skills i can and do earn in game.

thanks,
gompojigme

No matter where you go, there you are.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users