More New Items

Numismaster

It looks like the ever so many topics there are. Having items traded does NOT make a money sink, however expensive said item may be. To see the economy, you got to think of the big picture. Anything that requires direct Gp into nothingness is a money sink. Such as summoning, the shards are bought from a shop and 30% of it becomes nothing at all even with pouch trading.

Oh, and to reply to TrixStar; Making any new item super high value would throw off the economy, making real world trading very possible once again. Real world trading is what took the Wilderness away, so it wouldn't be a good idea.

Oh, and to reply to TrixStar; Making any new item super high value would throw off the economy, making real world trading very possible once again. Real world trading is what took the Wilderness away, so it wouldn't be a good idea.

Furthermore, despite what merchants may think, a staff of light is not worth 100m, 150m, 200m, etc. Not even close. That's why Jagex sets relatively low starting points for items. Sometimes they get it horribly wrong, like with dragon claws, but I'd say they got it pretty close with the SoL.

Kind of unrelated, but I remember that when spirit shields came out, I had to catch my breath when I saw the GE prices. It just seemed unreal to me that they would price them so high. Kind of funny to think about nowadays when a divine is worth over 500m on the GE.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Furthermore, despite what merchants may think, a staff of light is not worth 100m, 150m, 200m, etc. Not even close. That's why Jagex sets relatively low starting points for items. Sometimes they get it horribly wrong, like with dragon claws, but I'd say they got it pretty close with the SoL.

Kind of unrelated, but I remember that when spirit shields came out, I had to catch my breath when I saw the GE prices. It just seemed unreal to me that they would price them so high. Kind of funny to think about nowadays when a divine is worth over 500m on the GE.

When I first saw the Sigil prices, I was shocked too. But the combination of usefulness, rarity and status symbol of the Divine/Elysian spirit shields, Jagex has actually hit pretty much on target with the release price.

Oh and by the way, any item with street value, will NEVER hit that number on the GE. Okay, maybe a few do, but the buying power of gp decreases during the rise, so technically they still don't.

Would an easter egg ever actually hit 300m? No, not really. Merchants lose confidence in the item as the GE price changes. For example - When whips had the recolouring update, people offered mints for them. One day it was "Selling 2 whips 3 mints" and one ge update later it's "Selling 5 whips for 1 mint". People lost confidence in the item because it will not rise for much longer, thus selling them for less mint cakes.

I'm kind of going offtopic here. I'll leave this post here.

Kind of rambling alot today, heh. Sleep deprivation ftl