118 members have voted

1. 1. What is your browser of choice?

• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Opera
    • Other

So, I'm sitting here and I'm wondering "Am I using the right browser?" so I thought I would see what everyone else is using. I personally have been using Safari for over because I got tired of Firefox and switched to Safari when they had tabs on top for Safari 4 beta it got it me hooked even though they put the tabs back to their original spot in the final version. I'm also been here a lot of buzz about Chrome and I have it myself but a part of me doesn't want to give into the Google empire anymore then I already have.

tFtfA.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer Chrome, faster start-up time, runs smoother, fairly attractive, although it lacks customization. If you like having loads of add-ons, Firefox is your best bet(although it was these add-ons that made me switch to Chrome, too much lag they caused.)

Although Safari and It's look is my favorite, Mozilla Firefox is easily the best out there. I mean, from It's quick tab changes to It's several ways to personalize It's look, It is quite the browser! Plus, in case of a crash, it saves what you were doing. 'Nuff said.

Although Safari and It's look is my favorite, Mozilla Firefox is easily the best out there. I mean, from It's quick tab changes to It's several ways to personalize It's look, It is quite the browser! Plus, in case of a crash, it saves what you were doing. 'Nuff said.

Chrome does both of those. It has a fair amount of customization colour-wise. Personally it does everything i need a browser to do and no more, which is perfect for me. Well, everything except being able to right click -> Properties on things.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Chrome does both of those. It has a fair amount of customization colour-wise. Personally it does everything i need a browser to do and no more, which is perfect for me. Well, everything except being able to right click -> Properties on things.

I have yet to try Google Chrome. I have heard quite a lot of hype on it, and I think I can live without being able to right click Properties. What browser did you use prior to Google Chrome?

I have yet to try Google Chrome. I have heard quite a lot of hype on it, and I think I can live without being able to right click Properties. What browser did you use prior to Google Chrome?

I personally used an AOL browser for many years, since getting dial-up oh so many years ago. I used IE and FF for a few months before switching over to chrome.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I gave Chrome a try but didn't like it as much.

Safari seems to be a poor choice on a windows based PC plus I just really dislike the browser.

IE is meh

Never did like Operas layout.

Firefox for me.

I don't think the hype for chrome is justified though, it's still quite full of bugs and often crashes, may it be only one tab crashing or the full browser crashing because of one tab.

I don't think the hype for chrome is justified though, it's still quite full of bugs and often crashes, may it be only one tab crashing or the full browser crashing because of one tab.

I haven't had it crash once, maybe it's just your computer?

wingwinder.png

indifference.gif

I haven't had it crash once, maybe it's just your computer?

Can't be my computer, I just built it a few weeks ago, so the drivers are pretty much to date. And it's happened on both my computers, not only the desktop. Maybe I'm just unlucky or I could have an outdated version, I'll look into that tomorrow. I do keep my browsers open for quite a long time, so it could be the effects of having it open as long as that, as what Firefox, after being opened so long, was losing a lot of performance and using a hell of a lot of ram util I restarted it.

Opera.

Started using it a few years ago and used it since. For certain crap coded websites i use Firefox or Internet Explorer.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I use safari. Used to the interface, been using it for years. I have firefox but I just couldn't get into it.

Same here. I tried Firefox but.. meh. I'm not good when it comes to changing interfaces :P And in terms of function, I have never had any problems with Safari so I don't see any reason to switch.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Of course Safari on my Mac, I used to use Safari on my Windows too but just recently switched to Chrome after finding how much faster it was without being hard to use. It's a shocking difference.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Firefox, because I need Firebug and Stylish. Absolutely essential for web design, makes web design an absolute breeze and a pleasure to do.

Chrome rocks too, but it doesn't have Firebug (Its Firebug equivalent just doesn't do it) or a decent Adblocker that I've seen yet. It's fast and efficient, but it'll have to get those addons before I use it on a daily basis.

C2b6gs7.png

Absolutely love Safari here

No im not a mac[bleep], i just installed it once because the easy way it saves images (IE Drag them to your folder) way long ago and now i still use it because all the bars are just like 100Px high

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]