• Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Opera
    • Other

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a Firefox user since summer 2006 and version 1.5. I'm currently using version 3.7, which is still in beta. I hate Chrome because of its idiot menu. It's just a lot of unnecessary clicking (I use the menu bar really often) to have a few dozen extra pixels available. I think Opera is available for Linux, but I like Firefox's plugins so much that I'm not going to switch.

Firefox/Songbird. Still can't find nearly as many useful addons for chrome as I'd like, and songbird is pretty useful as a web browser too.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Safari because Firefox and Camino both crash after several days of use. As long as my computer is on (which I only restart for updates), my browser is open.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I've been a Firefox user since summer 2006 and version 1.5. I'm currently using version 3.7, which is still in beta. I hate Chrome because of its idiot menu. It's just a lot of unnecessary clicking (I use the menu bar really often) to have a few dozen extra pixels available. I think Opera is available for Linux, but I like Firefox's plugins so much that I'm not going to switch.

^ Heh, I used Firefox like since it first went stable. :P (2004ish?) My dad showed me it (Makes me wonder how he knew about it then, he wasn't a web developer) and I started using it. Or maybe it was my uncle, I don't know.

I've been using Firefox since before it was called Firefox, so there :smile: . I think I probably still have a few firebird[Caution: Executable File]'s backed up somewhere and I might even have one or two phoenix[Caution: Executable File]'s somewhere. I like to back up everything.

But Fx isn't quite as fast as Chrome, which is the only other browser I really gave a legitimate try. I still use Chrome on my laptop since I don't use the web all that much on it. Once it gets a proper ad blocking plug in then I am all over it. I like Fx, I really do, but speed>loyalty.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Actually, I'm back to Firefox. Performs better than Chrome for me and even if the page loads slower, who cares about a few milliseconds. Going to try Firefox 3.6 though to see if it's more stable.

My good friend told me about chrome and ive been using it ever since. If not that then Id guess IE.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Chrome, because it now supports extensions, of which there are already over a hundred, and still having ludicrous speed. Even with an ad blocker, it's much faster than firefox and the tab system is much smoother and intuitive for people like me who love multitasking. It's also the better browser for people with multiple monitors.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I don't know what you mean by the better browser for people with multiple screens, but for blocking ads thing, I have yet to find an extensions that actually blocks the ad instead of just hiding it. Anyway, I don't use Chrome anymore so I don't care anymore.

Firefox. I was on IE for the longest time and knew about Firefox but I only tried it because I saw a signature saying something like "10 out of 10 people prefer Firefox to internet explorer" or something like that. I tried it out to prove the statistic wrong, ended up failing to do so, obviously.

I tried out chrome and I didn't dislike it, but my familiarity with Firefox kept me from switching. If I ever have a problem with Firefox that's where I'll go, especially since I'm pretty fond of Google on a whole.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I use Firefox but am forced to use IE at school and on the laptop at home... Mostly I switched because it was the most popular one and I finally convinced my dad that IE6 is full of holes.

I'm using 3.5 with NASA Night Launch, WoT, AdBlock Plus, and Fire.fm. There's some more random ones I've got too...

I've used Opera for a long while, quite a very good browser and I do keep it up to date even if I use Firefox, just, I sometimes, while rarely, use Opera since it's a pretty good browser too :).

I prefer Chrome, faster start-up time, runs smoother, fairly attractive, although it lacks customization. If you like having loads of add-ons, Firefox is your best bet(although it was these add-ons that made me switch to Chrome, too much lag they caused.)

This. Although I use IE at work.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I prefer Chrome, faster start-up time, runs smoother, fairly attractive, although it lacks customization. If you like having loads of add-ons, Firefox is your best bet(although it was these add-ons that made me switch to Chrome, too much lag they caused.)

I don't like having loads of addons, but it's having addons that I need available that makes me use Firefox. I have a total of 9 addons, and with the exception of a couple of them, taking away any of them would disrupt my day-to-day browser usage.

C2b6gs7.png

I install add-ons for FireFox and it just gets so much slower at start-up and for loading times. Even simple add-ons slow FF down considerably. If I look at a default FireFox release and a default Chrome release, I just have to pick Chrome. I use Flash way too much in my browsing that if I crash, I don't want to waste time restarting the entire browser or waiting for it to respond or whatever. With Chrome, I close the tab. Problem solved. FireFox I either get lucky with it resolving itself, or the browser crashes and takes its time closing. Chrome for speed & user friendliness.

Though Opera on the other hand...that would be my second choice over Chrome. Its got everything I want out of FireFox, but without bloating add-ons, yet it doesn't pack the speed that Chrome renders pages in. If Opera got faster in real world situations, I'd probably be using it. Then again Chrome is just responsive and not bloated.

Chrome is getting add-ons though. The ones I have now (Translator & Gmail) haven't slowed Chrome down at all, while the same add-ons for FF have slowed FF down significantly. Perhaps future add-ons for Chrome will have the same dragging effect, but I think add-on standards are higher for Chrome than FF, or plan to be? I read this on their blog at some point.

Chrome. <3

I used to use firefox, but when Chrome got extensions I took the plunge. I always liked the interface better, and extensions just sealed the deal.

I love it now. Lightning fast at everything, and an awesome UI.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I don't know what you mean by the better browser for people with multiple screens, but for blocking ads thing, I have yet to find an extensions that actually blocks the ad instead of just hiding it. Anyway, I don't use Chrome anymore so I don't care anymore.

Manipulating tabs in Chrome over more than one window works better than Firefox. It's probably because the tab bar is at the very top of the screen so it's easier to go towards, grab, and rip.

~ W ~

sigzi.png