• Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Opera
    • Other

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Google Chrome 4 BETA was released at first, I used that for a long time but got over it rather quickly due to some rendering issues with websites that I use pretty frequently and other compatibility issues. I still love my Firefox, you can always count on it and it's never failed me. :) Firefox ftw!

I actually tried out Chrome today and surpisenly it isn't working very well with tip.it (causing some sort of error within the browser), so looks like I'll be sticking with Safari a little longer :P

tFtfA.jpg

I actually tried out Chrome today and surpisenly it isn't working very well with tip.it (causing some sort of error within the browser), so looks like I'll be sticking with Safari a little longer :P

Actually Firefox hasn't been working ideally with TIF for me lately. In every topic I go to there is a huge space at the top between the stuff at the very top and the topic. Then at the bottom of the page the fast reply box is also huge, and unusable. I only have the problem on this computer which leads me to believe it is a resolution problem, running 1024x768 (don't laugh) on the one it works fine, on this one running 1920x1080 it doesn't.

Also on an unrelated note Fx and Flash have been giving me grief also. The first time I go to a page with a video in it Fx doesn't respond for about 15 seconds, then it is fine until I restart the computer again. During that 15 seconds the video buffers though, so it isn't too bad. Once per day isn't bad either but it just recently started doing it and I'm still in the annoyance phase.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

And for moving tabs between browsers, saying that chrome is better browser for multiple screen is false in the sense that it's as easy with Firefox, but I have never tried it in IE or Opera. It's just the placement, you like it right at the top of the screen, which is best for you as I take, but doesn't mean Google Chrome is better just for having the tabs somewhere else.

I use Firefox for everything. I used IE before and Chrome for a few minutes when it was in Beta (I think, if not, it was a very early version) and I couldn't get into it. I might give it another try. I've never used Opera or Safari.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I used to use Firefox as my main browser but then I hovered between Chrome and FF for a bit. I use chrome now mainly, since it's far, far quicker than Firefox on my crappy laptop. I still have Firefox installed though since I need some of the add-ons - mainly the auto-form filler that you can't get on Chrome yet.

I love the extensions for chrome though, my Gmail notifier is FTW - lets me control my inbox without even needing to open Gmail. It recently changed it's sound to the Vista shutdown noise which used to freak me out at first but I got used to it. :P

Now all Chrome needs is that auto-form filler and an Image Properties option and Firefox can say bye bye!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I've used Firefox forever, but there is probably only one problem that I have with it. When someone starts up a conversation on Facebook with me, my Firefox freezes. After seeing a picture of Safari, I think I'll try that... But I'll probably end up sticking with Firefox.

pongr.png

The browser I use the most often is Firefox.

I hate IE with a passion, Chrome's status bar lags Runescape, never bothered with Safari.

Plus, the addon GProxy is very convenient, because I can choose to switch proxy servers at any time, unlike IE.

(Unfortunately the forum blocks my proxy server... :( )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Installed a few new extensions to chrome, they are quite nice. One of them gives a small thumbnail preview next to links when you do a google search. That has saved me a fair amount of time. I'm very surprised by the amount of people using IE. A few years ago they had over 90% of the browser market, but looking at this poll, they have under 5%. Although the numbers would be different on a mass scale, it is still a huge turn around. The rate of growth of Chrome is also very surprising.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Installed a few new extensions to chrome, they are quite nice. One of them gives a small thumbnail preview next to links when you do a google search. That has saved me a fair amount of time. I'm very surprised by the amount of people using IE. A few years ago they had over 90% of the browser market, but looking at this poll, they have under 5%. Although the numbers would be different on a mass scale, it is still a huge turn around. The rate of growth of Chrome is also very surprising.

Not an accurate scale given that most people here are techies. IE still has 50%< market share. Chrome recently passed Safari with the release of Linux/Mac betas. And there is still no love for Opera.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

(Pre-Note: You're going to have to pardon any language I use here... And my radical opinions... Microsoft's IE browser makes me mad. :angry: ...)

I voted before, but failed to post about my voting choice. I currently use FireFox, both 2.0.0.x and 3.5.x series. However, should their interface start looking IE8-ish with the release of FireFox 4.0, I will flat stop using FireFox, period. One of the reasons both I and my parents left IE was to escape that kind of "make it look fancy" crap, and I simply won't be dragged back into it. Also, I was sick of not being able to maintain local security, and FireFox helped greatly with recovering a lot of that via AdBlock Plus. (Although I must admit that the latest versions of ABP annoy me with that "wizard-style interface"...) Stack on a whole bunch of additional extensions (1 not by choice, thanks to HP Corp., and 2 from Mozilla in FF2-series, damnit...) and I'm pretty much in browser heaven right now. However, I won't touch FF 3.6 due to how Mozilla harmed their own Personas extension, and how it automatically blocks user choice in older Java versions. (Truely stable loadouts, IMO, are FTW... Conspiracys can burn in flames.) And I wish they'd kept a FF 2.0.0.x version posted for those with old browser nostalgia. <_<

BTW, I should drop in screenshots of what I have loaded in my FF profiles... Stay tuned! :^_^:

Also, I've pretty much made sure that I don't even have (or need) a copy of IE7/IE8, and the IE6 I do have only gets used in the absolute event that I can't avoid it, but even then, it gets heavily filtered. Put simply, someone wants to decide to limit my choice in browser, then they will have to live with my rules as well. They don't make the page compatible with my security requirements and/or choice of browsers, then they don't get my page views. :ugeek:

~Mr. D. V. "MS's recent IE versions can pretty much go to hell... and anything that even looks like it..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I've used FireFox for quite a while now, always get the latest version when available. The Web of Trust add-on for it is awesome for Google searches and such, and I've gotten hooked with this so trying to change my browser would probably just damage my swiftness in surfing the Internet. :P

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

D_V_Devnull, long time no see :P.

But I just wanted to tell you that IE6 is very outdated on the security side, you should always have the version that is current, as long as you don't have bugs (which is why I went from Firefox 3 right to Firefox 3.6, 3.5 was too unstable).

I love my FireFox but it was lagging like hell for me so I switched to Chrome. It's so quick :)

How can Fire fox lag anyone? I'm using the latest version, and my laptop is old.

It has a 2GHz Celeron processor and only 320MB of RAM.

Prism_Swords.png

I love my FireFox but it was lagging like hell for me so I switched to Chrome. It's so quick :)

How can Fire fox lag anyone? I'm using the latest version, and my laptop is old.

It has a 2GHz Celeron processor and only 320MB of RAM.

Anyone is a big word.

It lags on my 366mHz/256MB laptop, even though it's running Linux. :razz:

C2b6gs7.png