Stealing is moral?

mixand

Why is it considered moral for the government to force people to pay money (Tax)?

Yes.. some of it might go to someone else who needs it but If I started mugging people and giving the money to charity I would go to jail.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because its not stealing?

Taxes are taken from all working citizens to pay for health care education etc etc.

In fact based on what a government has spent on you from when you were concieved to the time u start paying taxes you probably owe them a hell of alot more than u'll ever pay in taxes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's for your own good.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Taxes are taken from all working citizens to pay for health care education etc etc.

In fact based on what a government has spent on you from when you were concieved to the time u start paying taxes you probably owe them a hell of alot more than u'll ever pay in taxes.

That couldn't be logically true for everyone though, otherwise the government would be very poor...

If you don't pay the money you go to jail.

"To take without right or permission."

I didn't ask for them to take other peoples money and distribute it.

Anything done with force or threat of force is wrong.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

The thing is they do have the right and the permission.

Law gives the permission and the fact you are a citizen of their state entitles them to charge you to be so.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Anything done with force or threat of force is wrong.

Nope.

I didn't ask for them to take other peoples money and distribute it.
Mandate:

The concept of a government having a legitimate mandate to govern via the fair winning of a democratic election is a central idea of democracy. New governments who attempt to introduce policies that they did not make public during an election campaign are said to not have a legitimate mandate to implement such policies.

Elections, especially ones with a large margin of victory, are often said to give the newly elected government or elected official a mandate to implement certain policies.

You're free to vote for a government which doesn't support taxation, or to propose your own.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

That couldn't be logically true for everyone though, otherwise the government would be very poor...

It can logically be true. If you take that statement to be true of the standard John Smith type of guy.

Then factor in the waster type who drop out of education cant afford the bus etc. Which means they cost government less.

And factor in the rich people who end up paying loads of tax as they can easily afford it.

It'll all balance out nicely.

Having said that though every country has a national debt and msot countries national debt grows by 1million+ a year. Effectively all countries are bankrupt, but as they print their own money they jsut owe themselves more and more.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I own myself and have no leader. How do they have my permission? One person stealing from one person is as wrong as a million people stealing from one person.. it doesn't make it right.

I don't understand why somebody can't fathom that. The only "law" I believe in is that no man shall de-fraud, threaten or use physical force against somebody else.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

My new site. [bETA]

Just because that is the only law YOU believe in doesnt make it the only law YOU are subjected too.

I mean if you decided you dont believe in the law of gravity it doesnt mean gravity magicall stops working and u can float around.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

You want something you pay for it, ask for it or make it. You don't just take it away from them..

Or just got lick the boots of some bureaucrat and follow the lynch mob as they enslave anybody who doesn't want what they want.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

My new site. [bETA]

That's physical.. it's a natural law. You can't change that.

If I follow the only law that I believe in then I'm not hurting anybody.. therefore it's a victimless crime.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

My new site. [bETA]

Mixand, you have no clue what you're talking about, do you? I'm going to get to the point, and say you sound like some anarchist who thinks stealing from others isn't wrong.

Would you like it if someone stole everything you owned? I'm pretty certain you wouldn't, which is why those laws are there.

And taxes go to help with public services, like schools, roads, etc. It's for your own good.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

But you are subject to your current laws.

Therefore you are obliged to follow them, face the punishment for breaking them OR move elsewhere.

The only way you dont pay tax is if you are not a citizen of a state, but the head of the state.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Since when did taxing become stealing? Without the taxes a country is going to be in shambles, no infrastructures can be built, no more government run services such as police/public libraries/firefighters.

Stealing is defined to be: the act of taking something from someone unlawfully

In other words, taking something away from somebody while breaking a law. For example if the cops have a court order and takes a DNA sample from you, that is not stealing, it is called enforcing the law, and things like taxes become laws because they are justified.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Well just about everything the government does fails or is extremely inefficient so you have a right to be pissed off about taxes but paying them does do good things.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

I believe in voluntarism.. which is basically anarcho-capialism.

What have I said that makes me sound like I think stealing isn't wrong? The first thing I stated was that stealing is wrong..

Only I can say what is for my own good. And only you can say what is good for you.. "Public" services are just monopolies.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

My new site. [bETA]

What have I said that makes me sound like I think stealing isn't wrong? The first thing I stated was that stealing is wrong..

Only I can say what is for my own good. And only you can say what is good for you.. "Public" services are just monopolies.

Do you know what a monopoly is?

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Yes I do. Any service the government tries to do the private sector can do better.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

My new site. [bETA]

The form of government you purpose is extremely inefficient, but that is another point.

Are you seriously telling me that paying taxes is not good? You think all the services available to you are not paid by the taxes? Just how do you think roads and school are been built?

Also no, public service is not a monopoly.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

This strikes me as another case of I'm a kid/young adult who has learnt politcal stuff so I must have extreme views for the sake of it. Even though I don;t know what half of it means. The real impacts it would have. Or half of what the government actually does

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The form of government you purpose is extremely inefficient, but that is another point.

Are you seriously telling me that paying taxes is not good? You think all the services available to you are not paid by the taxes? Just how do you think roads and school are been built?

I get these services by paying taxes. Which is like being forced by a company to shop their and only there.. or go to jail. If there was no government then I would be getting the services I want from competing businesses. If they fail they are shutdown so they have to actually succeed to stay in business, unlike the government..

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

My new site. [bETA]

Yes I do. Any service the government tries to do the private sector can do better.

Never go extreme in an arguement(ucwutIdidthere?), of course there are some services the private sector can do better than the government. But say any services? Really?

11-1.jpg[

Name one thing no private business can't do as good as the government.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

My new site. [bETA]

I get these services by paying taxes. Which is like being forced by a company to shop their and only there.. or go to jail. If there was no government then I would be getting the services I want from competing businesses.

You can go to private school, no one is stopping you from walking or flying on a private runway. So these are not monopolies in the first place also judging by your picture (and of course i could be wrong) you don't have a job, so YOU don't pay taxes yet.

2pzzjb9.jpg