Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
bedman

3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

@Darkld

Purple is the only partyhat you'd be able to get for pure rare risings right now and if even that. The higher partyhats don't sell for anything short of very good rising, i.e Staffs of Light (and a few of them).

Could someone explain sniping in more detail.

I grasp the general idea, but how do you know when will g.e. get updated ?

Every system update?

The Grand Exchange updates every 12-36 hours and while some people sit at the GE all day and watch price screens to change to get the best sniping, others have page monitors which watch the Grand Exchange beta page and send an alter once the page has changed, aka the prices have been updated. It is then that they commence to spam offers for whatever item they want and they check if the price of their items has updated. If it didn't, they have no chance because of the earlier offers already in, if they did, they now have a chance to get whatever item it is because they got an offer in early meaning they will be earlier in the line of offers. The GE works as first come first serve if it's for the same price, by the way.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Could someone explain sniping in more detail.

I grasp the general idea, but how do you know when will g.e. get updated ?

Every system update?

The Grand Exchange updates every 12-36 hours and while some people sit at the GE all day and watch price screens to change to get the best sniping, others have page monitors which watch the Grand Exchange beta page and send an alter once the page has changed, aka the prices have been updated. It is then that they commence to spam offers for whatever item they want and they check if the price of their items has updated. If it didn't, they have no chance because of the earlier offers already in, if they did, they now have a chance to get whatever item it is because they got an offer in early meaning they will be earlier in the line of offers. The GE works as first come first serve if it's for the same price, by the way.

Are there some set hours for this or are they random ?

And if they are set could anyone please list them.

Also, where could I find one of these page monitors ?

1. They are random.

2. No

3. Try google

Low_C.png

Are there some set hours for this or are they random ?

And if they are set could anyone please list them.

Also, where could I find one of these page monitors ?

They are random, but as Master Smither said, they are always between 12-36 hours. The website geupdate.com has the times of the last 5 updates on the main page, also the time since the last update. Usually if it updated after 36 hours, it doesn't take that long for the next update, and vice versa.

I personally use URLy Warning for my monitor. You can set it to check as often as every 1 minute. It only checks one URL at a time so if you set 4-5 items into it it essentially checks every 15 seconds so it's pretty good for the lower rares. A lot of people also use private, home made checkers which typicly are better but you'll be hard pressed to find someone who will give that away.

All you need to do it sit at the GE with the interface open and when you hear the sound, just start puting in offers at max for what you want and hope the item you are offering for is the one that is updated.

All you need to do it sit at the GE with the interface open and when you hear the sound, just start puting in offers at max for what you want and hope the item you are offering for is the one that is updated.

What is this sound? The only Grand Exchange sound that I am aware of occurs when my personal orders change (like when I buy or sell something). Is there a specific sound when the GE as a whole updates?

What is this sound? The only Grand Exchange sound that I am aware of occurs when my personal orders change (like when I buy or sell something). Is there a specific sound when the GE as a whole updates?

I think he's talking about the thing he uses to know when the ge updates(not something in game)

I think he's talking about the thing he uses to know when the ge updates(not something in game)

Yes, the sound I was referencing is the sound that URLy Warning makes when the GrandExchange Beta updates its price. It is quite a unique sound. Depending on the notifier you use there will be different methods of notifying you. Some use visuals, some e-mail or text you but the best thing is a sound effect to tell you seeing as you are going to be focusing on the GE.

Just got a hexcrest. Any idea on the worth of it?

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

Just got a hexcrest. Any idea on the worth of it?

10-15m.

Just posted this on RSOF. Am I crazy, or do I have a shot?

Ok guys, I am breaking my bank for a purple....

Here is what I have to offer:

1 X Blue H'ween

4 X Santas

1 * Hexcrest

1 X Amulet of Fury

15 * Dragon Boots

1 * Berserker ring

1 X Guthan Set

1 * Verac Set

1 * Whip

1 X Archers' Ring

1 X Torag Legs

1 * Dragon Legs

1 * Dragon Hatchet

36 X Amulet of Glory

1250 X Super Attacks

500 X Super Defence

300 X Super Strength

7000 X Pure Essence

16000 X Coal

1000 X Toadflax

500 X Irit

8000 X Blood Runes

12000 X Nature Runes

5500 X Yew Logs

3.5 Million geepees

This comes out to a total of 298,711,225. Let me know if you are looking for anything else, I can see what I have in the bank.

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

Yes, you're crazy if you're not quitting.

Not quitting, and I have enough left in my bank to still do the things I enjoy.

Am I crazy about the offer though? I.E., is there any chance I will be able to get a purple for this?

-Genghis Khan

Am I crazy about the offer though? I.E., is there any chance I will be able to get a purple for this?

There's always a chance but I don't think most people selling p hats are looking for large amounts of random things sadly.

There's always a chance but I don't think most people selling p hats are looking for large amounts of random things sadly.

Yea, that is a problem. Do I sell the more stable items to raise that cash pile a bit?

-Genghis Khan

Yea, that is a problem. Do I sell the more stable items to raise that cash pile a bit?

Just sell off your random crap tot rade with pure cash. Most people won';t want to go through the trouble, and that all looks like it would go at med or higher anyways.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19

Just sell off your random crap tot rade with pure cash. Most people won';t want to go through the trouble, and that all looks like it would go at med or higher anyways.

Ya what he said, sell everything in there that isn't going for max instant.

Any items I should keep for sure? I know the rares and the Fury. Anything else?

-Genghis Khan

Any items I should keep for sure? I know the rares and the Fury. Anything else?

Hexcrest for sure.

Does anyone know the Party Hat with the lowest street price?

purple? xD by a milestone.

And it costs how much?

According to posts on the exact same page as this, it's around the 300mil range.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

How much would I be looking for a cracker or blue phat

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]