Jellies - Best clue giver for a high level?

Dire_Wolf

I know there are many monsters that have good drop rate of clue: Waterfiends, Aberant spectres, Hellhounds and so on. But what monster that drops level 3 clues would be the best to kill when you consider:

1) How easy it is to kill it

2) Drop rate

The monster i was thinking would be best is Jellies, do you agree or disagree? If you disagree, then what monster would you suggest? Thanks.

Remember, all i care about as drop is the Clue scroll. Hellhounds i would rather not go to:

1) Hard hitter

2) a bit rough defence.

Brimhaven? Ogre Enclave?

1) Brimhaven is quite a distance, and INFACT it's one of the spots that's crowed often.

2) Ogre enclave is also a distance away and the Greaters are behind some fence. So have to ranged + telegrab.

3) Greaters have 87 HP, Jellies 75.

Greaters are great. But the area they are at (wide, so alot of roaming) and the amount of them, and also other players killing makes it not so good.

There are Greaters in the Wilderness Volcano I believe, but they are spread out to. Maybe not much.

I think the Jellie is winning here. Lots of them to kill, easy kill, and good drop rate.

Maybe a test on this will give some insight. And I mean some, because getting a clue is a way of luck.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

When I had my spiritual warrior tasks I had a clue about every 50 warriors. - Fighting only the saradomin warriors which were already fighting zammorak pets. Maybe you should look into those a bit?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'm quite confident that all monsters that drop level 3 clues drop them at the same rate. So it's basically just which monster you can kill fastest.

+1. I would go for spiritual mages because they're fast to kill and give the best money earned/hr ratio compared to the xp they give.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

It's kind of out of the way, but I've had insane luck with clues at cave horrors.

Back when I used to use sumona for my tasks, I would often get 3-4 clues in a task of 100 or so. On top of that there's black masks, which from my experience drop about 1/300.

If that's too far away though, jellies are still a great option. I used to go there to farm for clues all the time.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

cannon abby spectres = fast clues right?

Even without the cannon they're OK, and I can pretty much guarantee that you'll make much more from the herb drops than you'll make from the clue scrolls anyway.

I seem to get the most from Greaters, but unless you're on a slayer task they are usually crowded and inconvenient to get to.

Mighty Banshees are also very good. They are harder to kill than Jellies but seem (at least to me) to have a much better clue drop rate.

i am actually clue farming at jellies right now lol

yesterday i got 3 clues in about 15 kills

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

But it seems that the clues from jellies are of much lower quality than otheres like green dragons. This is probably just my imagination, but doing 30 jelly clues getting nothing but random rune items and doing 1 green dragon clue and getting rune paltelegs (t) is a bit.... meh

All lvl 3 clues are equal.. I've done plenty of clues from lower level monsters and gotten good rewards, and I've also done several clues from iron/steel drags and gotten junk. The rewards are totally random.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Aberrant spectres for me...1 task, 3 clues. Every task I get at least 1 clue, plus lots of heb drops with macaw.

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

Jellies it is. And the reasons why:

1) Low hitpoints and defence

2) Easy acessable (though this is not so important)

3) One of best Clue scroll givers (My clue radar have picked Jellies up BIG TIME)

4) Many Jellies

5) Not crowded

6) Max hit they do is 6.

So Jellies seem best <3: Monsters like Gargoyles, Aberant spectres, Abyssal demons, Waterfiends, Spiritual mages and so on are good too. But they are alot tougher to deal with and less of. And it is true that Aberant spectres or Spiritual mage is good cash (give better than Clues will do), but my plan is to specialize in doing Clues. And i hope for a 3rd age.

THANKS FOR ALL POSTS!