26-Feb-2010 - The Big Ticket 2010

ddaanniiellh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two weeks of vacation, but trying to explain this to my family, who doesn't know I play RS, would be quite interesting.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Am I a nerd for kind of wishing I had even a sliver of a chance to go?

No, that is not why you're a nerd. ;)

Ohoho. You.

Meh if anything it reminded me to post on the RSOF occasionally. When the heck did I get 2336 posts?

I posted this on the RSOF. No one was impressed.

[hide]I never thought RS could be

Anything but catastrophe

But suddenly I begin to see

A bit of good drops for me

'Cause I've got a big ticket

I've got a pixle twinkle in my eye

I never had a chance to bind

Never a happy song to play

But suddenly half of world 1 is mine

What an amazing thing

It's ours, Dobbin!

Got an invisible sun up in sky!

I never thought I'd see the day

When I would face the forums and say

Good morning, look at my santa!

I never thought that I would be

Hoarding coinstacks in luxury

'Cause I'd have said: It couldn't be done

But it can be done

I never dreamed that I would climb

Over Sindapros in happiness

But nevertheless, it's there that I'm

Shortly about to be

I've got a giant chance to make my way

And with a big ticket, it's an enormous day! [/hide]

hzvjpwS.gif

I'd want to go, but dunno when the trip would be :P So uni may get in the way. But hmmm, it's about 6 or more hours travelling from lampeter for me. I'd have to travel to aber (where I'd most likely get distracted by my gf anyway) and then catch the train from there to get me all the way to Cambridge. I'm all up for doing it once in a while for gigs (go to Bham which was 4-5 hours), but that's only once every 6 months :P Oh well, what's the harm in entering whatever they throw at us eh?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Would definitely love the opportunity to see a new part of the world. =) Can't wait for more details!

I have two weeks of vacation, but trying to explain this to my family, who doesn't know I play RS, would be quite interesting.

How in the world did you manage that while getting all of those high levels?

OT: I'd feel like too much of a nerd going on a trip to jagex HQ.. Not even gonna bother to enter.

I'd love to take a shot at one... but I'm sort of not allowed to be a passenger on an aircraft in the US.

Can still fly one though.

You can't get out of the US?

Or in?

If it's in it does not matter, Jagex HQ is in the UK.

I don't think the offer includes living in Jagex HQ til the war on terror is over.

And it's any US airport or airline, or participating country's airline... which I think the UK qualifies.

And no, I did not do anything. Someone with the same age, name, job title, and description as me halfway across the country did it.

Exactly the same for me.

-Hey mom, I won a trip to England.

-????????

-You know, the time I spend on the computer, I'm playing a game. You might remember when I borrowed your credit card, eh?

-Forget about that....It's some internet crap....

-But....

Definitely not going to happen, though...You'd get what? 1/200 000 chance of winning?

WarBlastoise.png

I'd love to take a shot at one... but I'm sort of not allowed to be a passenger on an aircraft in the US.

Can still fly one though.

You can't get out of the US?

Or in?

If it's in it does not matter, Jagex HQ is in the UK.

I don't think the offer includes living in Jagex HQ til the war on terror is over.

And it's any US airport or airline, or participating country's airline... which I think the UK qualifies.

And no, I did not do anything. Someone with the same age, name, job title, and description as me halfway across the country did it.

You could always sail to England. That's the old-fashioned way. ;)

Joking aside, I have never been outside the US. I would love a trip to England, but I doubt that I would win.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I would enjoy the free membership that comes with this, but I don't think that I'd be able to make the trip lol. Telling all of my friends and family, "Yup.. I just won a trip to England to visit the makers of the game that I've been playing for the last 5 years."

1. I'd never live it down at school.

2. My mom wouldn't let me go. <_<

pongr.png

I would enjoy the free membership that comes with this, but I don't think that I'd be able to make the trip lol. Telling all of my friends and family, "Yup.. I just won a trip to England to visit the makers of the game that I've been playing for the last 5 years."

1. I'd never live it down at school.

2. My mom wouldn't let me go. <_<

Pssshhht. A lot of kids at my school are video game nerds. Some of them play Runescape from time to time for the lulz.

Also, my parents would let me go as long as they didn't have to pay a dime. :P

SWAG

Looks like it could be some great fun. I've seen pics of past Jagex trips and people seem to enjoy themselves. I think I would spend the entire time just trying to get people to say "Jolly good chap" and "how about some tea and crumpets?".

Oh, how I would explain this to people I know is beyond me. My parents and brother know I play, and one RL friend who played (just got banned for 1 year for macroing 23 minutes...pwnt).

Facebook:

[insert my name here] is flying off to England for the week!

[friend comments] Oh, why?

[me] I won the trip from a game company

[friend] Oh, what game?

[me] Runescape

[friend] lul

*number of friends drops from 300 to 12*

But meh, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it :thumbsup:

As for the person who can't fly, come to Canada, hop on AirCanada direct to England. Getting into Canada is simple. Border guards rarely even ID me (it is a very rural border though). I guess the problem still remains on how to get back into the USA....

I guess the problem still remains on how to get back into the USA....

Meh. Just move, to be [bleep]ing honest. Move to Canada.

Hmm...

...I can legally drink liquor in the UK. Liquor party if everyone's at least 18, please?

SWAG

This is great, i for one was hoping for something like this maybe now i and many more will have a chance to win a trip to jagex wooot